Super Bowl Halftime Acts That Will Never Be .

T master

As someone that spent 13 years in New Orleans, I’m not happy with the Kendrick Lamar choice (at all). I like Kendrick quite a bit too.

New Orleans is the home of American Music. You need a big name to headline the Super Bowl. This absolutely should have been Lil Wayne, with John Batiste, St. Aug Marching 100 and Trombone Shorty (amongst others). This should be New Orleans. The NFL missed the mark here. 

My contributions:

You'd never see:

1.  A short movie specifically made for Halftime, like BMW did with "The Driver" series with Clive Owen.  BMW made some fantastic short films - 10 to 11 minutes long.  The latest one, filmed in 2016, has Owen, Jon Bernthal, Dakota Fanning and Vera Farmiga, directed by Neill Blomkamp.  

2.  A super band created for the event with original music.  I always think of something like Power Station where you had the Taylor brothers from Duran Duran, Robert Palmer, Tony Thompson on drums and Bernard Edwards on bass.  

Edited by dpberr

The Half time show is now time for me to hit the bathroom, have a cocktail and grab more food.  I couldn’t care less.

Everything since this run has been trash;

2010: The Who

2009: Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

2008: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

2007: Prince

2006: The Rolling Stones

2005: Paul McCartney

its been almost 15 years of meh since!

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Like (+1) 1

Five Finger Death Punch would bring the house down!

Besides Elvis, they are the only musicians to receive the Soldier Appreciation Award for all the shows and work they've done with our troops.

If the halftime show was any good, when would I go to the bathroom? 

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

As someone that spent 13 years in New Orleans, I’m not happy with the Kendrick Lamar choice (at all). I like Kendrick quite a bit too.

New Orleans is the home of American Music. You need a big name to headline the Super Bowl. This absolutely should have been Lil Wayne, with John Batiste, St. Aug Marching 100 and Trombone Shorty (amongst others). This should be New Orleans. The NFL missed the mark here. 

I believe Salt Lake City is the home of (the) Jazz. 

Not only doesn’t it fit, but why not rake in all the merchandise $$$ by rebranding a bit? I never got that. 

30 minutes of the best of the best marching bands.  They get 5-6 minute each...put on the best show possible.

And I'm not joking, some of the 'shows' that some marching bands put on are pretty damn impressive.

14 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Evidentially, there was a year in the '80s where Hall and Oates were set to play the SB halftime, with Wham opening. 

In the end, Darryl Hall and George Michael said no, but Oates and Ridgeley said they'd still do it. The NFL opted for a marching band instead.

Drum & Bugle Corps. Professional, and truly kick-ass, marching bands.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

If the halftime show was any good, when would I go to the bathroom? 

I believe Salt Lake City is the home of (the) Jazz. 

Not only doesn’t it fit, but why not rake in all the merchandise $$$ by rebranding a bit? I never got that. 

When Benson bought the (now) Pelicans, he tried to buy the Jazz name back. Obviously, it didn’t happen.