Super Bowl Halftime Acts That Will Never Be .

T master

Every year part of the draw for the Super Bowl is the half time show, there have been discussions about the bands that have entertained during the half time but what about those that have never or will never be able to perform due to their age or other circumstances .

My job involves driving long hours in the entertainment industry & while driving home last night i thought, man it sucks that we will never be able to see a couple of my favorite bands perform in the Super bowl halftime show because either members have passed or they are just to old now .

My first band that we usually here during every game but as far as i know have never performed at the SB that i thought would have been very cool to see is AC/DC ! I think that would have been a great half time show but they have both things against them . Their age & a lot of their members have passed away and i don't know that Brian Johnson's pipes are as good as they once were .

Then i did a deep dive into a band last night that i thought would have been a great half time show full of powerful music which was Van Hagar !! Now that Eddie has passed though that will never be . Maybe they can get Wolfy to play with his band Mammoth .

Or if your into fantasy which some are maybe Wolfy could play guitar and VanHalen with Sammy, Mike, & Alex could do it ??? Nah i don't think that will happen ...

So is there a band that may be able to still pull off a good halftime show that are still relevant or a band that like the 2 i put down that you would have liked to see put down your choices . This should be interesting ...

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Kid Rock

One should know why 

Because he is awful is all that matters.

Back to the thread:

ABBA - would be fun

Anyone true country - just not going to draw anyone

• Like (+1) 3

I'd absolute love, just for once, for there to be no halftime show. 

I couldn't hate it more. There's a game going on. And you completely disrupt that focus for a load of superstar bullsheet. Then the second half begins and it feels like the third event of the evening. I just hate it. Like all the fuss about the ads. The game is the game. It doesn't need the show stolen.

• Like (+1) 9

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Tool could put on a great halftime show...but the majority of the viewing audience would tune out after about 45 seconds because there wouldn't be a dance troupe on stage or catchy beats.

in the defense of the viewing audience, you can't exactly dance to a 13/8 time signature

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

Because he is awful is all that matters.

Back to the thread:

ABBA - would be fun

Anyone true country - just not going to draw anyone

ABBA would have been amazing.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Samwell Tarly said:
6 minutes ago, MPL said:

We deserved a John Prine halftime show.

Rip Mr Prine.  Guess I'll go have a cocktail..

put the Christmas tree up too while you're at it

10 minutes ago, T master said:

Although if Detroit goes to the big show 🤔 !!

Then Eminem is the more popular play. Much bigger in Detroit than Kid Rock.

19 minutes ago, T master said:

Every year part of the draw for the Super Bowl is the half time show, there have been discussions about the bands that have entertained during the half time but what about those that have never or will never be able to perform due to their age or other circumstances .

My job involves driving long hours in the entertainment industry & while driving home last night i thought, man it sucks that we will never be able to see a couple of my favorite bands perform in the Super bowl halftime show because either members have passed or they are just to old now .

My first band that we usually here during every game but as far as i know have never performed at the SB that i thought would have been very cool to see is AC/DC ! I think that would have been a great half time show but they have both things against them . Their age & a lot of their members have passed away and i don't know that Brian Johnson's pipes are as good as they once were .

Then i did a deep dive into a band last night that i thought would have been a great half time show full of powerful music which was Van Hagar !! Now that Eddie has passed though that will never be . Maybe they can get Wolfy to play with his band Mammoth .

Or if your into fantasy which some are maybe Wolfy could play guitar and VanHalen with Sammy, Mike, & Alex could do it ??? Nah i don't think that will happen ...

So is there a band that may be able to still pull off a good halftime show that are still relevant or a band that like the 2 i put down that you would have liked to see put down your choices . This should be interesting ...

If they want a halftime show that is entertaining and full of energy...the ONLY choice is Weird Al. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They should partner with American Idol and hold the finals for the halftime show. You get 3 or 4 individual performances, and each seat has a vote. 

Would add variety, and wouldn't cost them a dime to produce since American Idol would fit the bill! 

Or Spice Girls. Spice Girls would be dope.