Harris / Trump Debate.

Trump may have sounded unhinged talking about “they’re eating their pets”, but he injected this story into the mainstream consciousness..

Even has Marianne Williamson backing him up on it today..

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

What did she say to win over undecided voters?

That seems to be the growing question coming out of the debate as focus groups don’t seem to match general consensus that she won the debate, therefore she won over voters.  

Everyone knows who, and what, Trump is.  Trump fighting with Kamala and both moderators all night, going off about very online stories of Haitians eating pets and talking about mafia tactics against the Taliban is who he is. 

Optics-wise, Kamala controlled the debate, but what she didn’t do was tell anyone who she is and/or what she stands for.  Trump doesn’t need to do that, we all know.  She does.  And she didn’t. 

Also, the moderators were way too over the top and due to that, we’re now seeing a Streisand Effect where research on the Haitian pet stories, research on late term abortion etc are skyrocketing in google searches and social media shares.  

Trump’s clips are the ones being shared on IG, X and TikTok.   Kamala had a polished, corporate speak night, which seems to be fading into obscurity.  

Nobody remembers anything about her night, because she said nothing. 

My snap reaction was that Trump was a disaster.. but that doesn’t seem to be reflected anywhere outside the political class, in real America. 

Trump lost the last election so he needs to win some undecided voters (specifically Suburban women) too so at best for Trump it's a push.  Kamala came out strong on abortion so that may impact undecideds too.  I'm not sure.  That's true that people are well aware of who Trump is so that gives him a hard floor and ceiling (which may be a problem depending on how effective Democrats are in getting people out to vote).  If Kamala brought up some made up story about illegal immigrants eating cats they may have checked her into a mental institution.  We're used to Trump though. What's so strange that Trump went to that when he could have brought up far more serious consequences of illegal immigrants and he went with some crazy batcrap conspiracy theory to fear monger.  

Nailed it

https://mattlabash.substack.com/p/all-over-but-the-whining

Well that was fun!  At least it was if you’re the sort of person who is into watching Donald Trump get humiliated —  a club of which I am a proud member.  And why not be?  If you weren’t enamored with either candidate in the first place (though Momala is growing on me as a capable knife-fighter, who is at least temporarily doing a passable impression of a moderate Democrat), but you regard Trump as a metastatic case of ass cancer in the body politic, well then watching him get poleaxed on a debate stage might be one of your few remaining political pleasures.

Combing over the transcript more carefully this morning, what becomes clear is that Trump was beaten like the village piñata. And that’s not my anti-Trump bias talking. (For the record, I had Trump trouncing Biden in their debate, mentioning in the Times back in June that Biden “sounded like a dying humidifier or my great grandfather giving his last will and testament.”) The polls seem to back me up on last night’s results. As The Washington Postnoted, a YouGov poll showed that Kombucha (which Trump has not yet called Harris, but probably will) won 54-31 percent among registered voters who watched at least some of the debate. While CNN had her winning 63-37 percent. In an evenly-divided electorate, those are true bloodbath numbers  — a bigger margin than 20 other post-debate polls CNN has done going back to 1984. And as the Post added, it gets worse for Trump, in that even 31 percent of Trump supporters said he lost.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Trump lost the last election so he needs to win some undecided voters (specifically Suburban women) too so at best for Trump it's a push.  Kamala came out strong on abortion so that may impact undecideds too.  I'm not sure.  That's true that people are well aware of who Trump is so that gives him a hard floor and ceiling (which may be a problem depending on how effective Democrats are in getting people out to vote).  If Kamala brought up some made up story about illegal immigrants eating cats they may have checked her into a mental institution.  We're used to Trump though. What's so strange that Trump went to that when he could have brought up far more serious consequences of illegal immigrants and he went with some crazy batcrap conspiracy theory to fear monger.  

I actually don’t think his “eating the cats” comments were crazy anymore. 

I don’t know if he meant for it to be a 4D chess move, because I’m not willing to give him that much credit..  but it’s working out that way.  

Normies now are hearing about a small town of 60k in Ohio that had 20k Haitian migrants dumped on it and if you look it up there’s stories from citizens all over of pets missing, ducks being taken and a decapitated pigs head in a park. 

It’s in the mainstream consciousness now. 

Run of the mill illegal migrant rhetoric wouldn’t have done what those comments did.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t know if he meant for it to be a 4D chess move, because I’m not willing to give him that much credit..  but it’s working out that way.  

Normies now are hearing about a small town of 60k in Ohio that had 20k Haitian migrants dumped on it and if you look it up there’s stories from citizens all over of pets missing, ducks being taken and a decapitated pigs head in a park. 

Run of the mill illegal migrant rhetoric wouldn’t have done what those comments did.  

So blatant lies are good?  How do you feel about his Orban love?  He already has the nazis.  Who does he gain with that?

https://apnews.com/article/trump-harris-hungary-orban-debate-45922d4b2f7c8655b08038d1895787eb

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yup.  It reminds me of the furor over "The Last Temptation of Christ" back in the late 80s.  The CC went so crazy over it that it brought exponentially more attention to the movie than it otherwise would have gotten.

Edited by Doc

27 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So blatant lies are good?  How do you feel about his Orban love?  He already has the nazis.  Who does he gain with that?

https://apnews.com/article/trump-harris-hungary-orban-debate-45922d4b2f7c8655b08038d1895787eb

Yes let's believe everything the MSM shovels down your throat. Worked wonders so far.

30 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

"Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years."  "JD Vance had sex with a couch."  "Biden is compos mentis."

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We shall see…..more likely it was vice versa

It would surprise no one.  Not even Dems.  And it wouldn't surprise me if she/her team had input into which questions were asked.

And I guess NBC and CBS (and obviously Fox) aren't willing to give her the questions in advance...

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

None of which Kamala said in the debate.  Biden has Parkinsons.

She lied about Project 2025.  "Fine people on both sides."

Edited by Doc

Woo boy.  

Someone needs to remind this whistleblower about Seth Rich.  

We shall see.  

FYI I only care because this would be the final nail in any credibility the “news” has left…..not bc I think Trump lost the debate no I believe he won because this was so gross as was she to the non cat lady crowd.  

They don’t get it bc they’re cat ladies.

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Shocked 1

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump chickening out on another debate. 🐓

He's claiming he won the debate 🤣

How about another debate on FOX with neutral moderators and no knowledge of the questions that will be asked. I wonder who chickens out then.

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

How about another debate on FOX with neutral moderators and no knowledge of the questions that will be asked. I wonder who chickens out then.

Trump is too chicken to debate. Trump lost because he isn’t that smart. Harris is too smart for him 

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I would've challenged Harris to this and I'm guessing she would've turned it down.  Seems like a missed opportunity and now he looks like the coward.

• Like (+1) 1