Harris / Trump Debate.

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Tf does being straight have to do with it. I’m genuinely curious what the gears in your brain are chugging out 

I think he might mean straight males.  

I could be wrong.  

Edited by Big Blitz

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/interactive/2024/presidential-debate-voter-poll/

WaPost interviewed 25 swing state uncommitted voters and critically have before and after results.

2 went from lean Trump to lean Harris.

2 went from lean Trump to neither or no response.

1 went from neither to lean Harris.

5 went from lean Harris to definitely Harris.

Notably, not a single person moved towards Trump

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

And yet…….here you are.  

Americans may not mind being lied to.  They can accept some lies and exaggerations.  

What they cannot and will not accept is being played for fools.  

And that’s what the Democrats did just 8 days after they tried to kill Trump by forcing Biden out.  

That’s ultimately why they’re going to lose.  

Had Biden never run and there was an actual campaign and presidency not built around Trump sucks, maybe they’d have a shot. 

Dude, you really should ask for a raise, so many talking points in so few lines. 

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/interactive/2024/presidential-debate-voter-poll/

WaPost interviewed 25 swing state uncommitted voters and critically have before and after results.

Stopped at Washington Post.  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

It's all anecdotal at this point but since Harris won the debate (you're too far gone from reality if you think Trump won) I don't see how it helps Trump or hurts her.  Also, not good for Trump that 67 million people watched it.

GXOv_ClXAAAmi9y?format=jpg&name=large

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

It's all anecdotal at this point but since Harris won the debate (you're too far gone from reality if you think Trump won) I don't see how it helps Trump or hurts her.  Also, not good for Trump that 67 million people watched it.

People don't like cheaters.

Nothing of substance was actually said, so Harris won the yapping part of the debate because they bullied Trump to frustration.

What's sticking with people is that the debate was rigged to do that to him. It worked. So he lost. We've all been in that situation.

That's what will linger into the election. If Nothing else, impressions make a difference. What do the memes say?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What did she say to win over undecided voters?

That seems to be the growing question coming out of the debate as focus groups don’t seem to match general consensus that she won the debate, therefore she won over voters.  

Everyone knows who, and what, Trump is.  Trump fighting with Kamala and both moderators all night, going off about very online stories of Haitians eating pets and talking about mafia tactics against the Taliban is who he is. 

Optics-wise, Kamala controlled the debate, but what she didn’t do was tell anyone who she is and/or what she stands for.  Trump doesn’t need to do that, we all know.  She does.  And she didn’t. 

Also, the moderators were way too over the top and due to that, we’re now seeing a Streisand Effect where research on the Haitian pet stories, research on late term abortion etc are skyrocketing in google searches and social media shares.  

Trump’s clips are the ones being shared on IG, X and TikTok.   Kamala had a polished, corporate speak night, which seems to be fading into obscurity.  

Nobody remembers anything about her night, because she said nothing. 

My snap reaction was that Trump was a disaster.. but that doesn’t seem to be reflected anywhere outside the political class, in real America. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What did she say to win over undecided voters?

That seems to be the growing question coming out of the debate as focus groups don’t seem to match general consensus that she won the debate, therefore she won over voters.  

Everyone knows who, and what, Trump is.  Trump fighting with Kamala and both moderators all night, going off about very online stories of Haitians eating pets and talking about mafia tactics against the Taliban is who he is. 

Optics-wise, Kamala controlled the debate, but what she didn’t do was tell anyone who she is and/or what she stands for.  Trump doesn’t need to do that, we all know.  She does.  And she didn’t. 

Also, the moderators were way too over the top and due to that, we’re now seeing a Streisand Effect where research on the Haitian pet stories, research on late term abortion etc are skyrocketing in google searches and social media shares.  

Trump’s clips are the ones being shared on IG, X and TikTok.   Kamala had a polished, corporate speak night, which seems to be fading into obscurity.  

Nobody remembers anything about her night, because she said nothing. 

My snap reaction was that Trump was a disaster.. but that doesn’t seem to be reflected anywhere outside the political class, in real America. 

Cope and whine and move the goal posts masquerading as “insight”.

enjoy this flash back from our future president 

1 minute ago, Starr-Bills said:

Cope and whine and move the goal posts masquerading as “insight”.

enjoy this flash back from our future president 

Ok, anyway…

It’s not moving the goalposts to analyze how undecided and/or persuadable voters digested the debate.  

I think Kamala won the debate.  She was more prepared, kept Trump on defense and had rhetorical sidesteps ready for everything that came her way.  

I think she did everything she set out to do in that debate. 

I think she’s hoping that being a candidate who can’t be pinned down on any of the big issues is enough against a candidate a lot of people may have been looking for a reason in that debate to not vote for.  

But it doesn’t seem like that worked.  

There is a disconnect between stylistically winning a debate and winning over voters. 

The persuadable voters in this election very clearly needed to hear what she stands for.   Many of them admit that life was better under Trump, but he’s Trump, so give me a reason to vote for you…

And she didn’t.  

Dont get mad at me..  Her own advisers, days after the debate, are telling her she needs to debate again and get out front on the issues.  If they felt her strategy worked, this wouldn’t be their advice. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Her own advisers, days after the debate, are telling her she needs to debate again and get out front on the issues.  If they felt her strategy worked, this wouldn’t be their advice. 

or they knew that trump would balk making him look even weaker.  Then there's this, from an R pollster

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/republican-pollster-declares-trumps-campaign-dead-he-loses-because-of-this-debate-performance/

“It was a pretty negative performance, pretty pessimistic, cynical, contemptuous,” Luntz added. “And I think that this will cost him, yes. I’m trying to decide if I wanna go on record, and the answer’s yes. I think that he loses because of this debate performance.”

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ok, anyway…

It’s not moving the goalposts to analyze how undecided and/or persuadable voters digested the debate.  

I think Kamala won the debate.  She was more prepared, kept Trump on defense and had rhetorical sidesteps ready for everything that came her way.  

I think she did everything she set out to do in that debate. 

I think she’s hoping that being a candidate who can’t be pinned down on any of the big issues is enough against a candidate a lot of people may have been looking for a reason in that debate to not vote for.  

But it doesn’t seem like that worked.  

There is a disconnect between stylistically winning a debate and winning over voters. 

The persuadable voters in this election very clearly needed to hear what she stands for.   Many of them admit that life was better under Trump, but he’s Trump, so give me a reason to vote for you…

And she didn’t.  

Dont get mad at me..  Her own advisers, days after the debate, are telling her she needs to debate again and get out front on the issues.  If they felt her strategy worked, this wouldn’t be their advice. 

It’s a general election not a primary so of course she (or any normal candidate) would move to the middle trying to grow their share of the vote.

thanks to 9+ years of Trump extremism and crazy are there any “undecideds” to sway? This is the goal post moving because this wasn’t the debate before the debate it was will she flop, can she handle Trump, she is unlikeable, is he as stupid as we want her to be, etc…

I think her job was to introduce herself to many people who might not be familiar with her. Resounding success. Reinforce support with her base, and provide reasonable cover to people on the fence with not voting for Trump. All a success.

but now the goal post is move to “Trump was ganged up on, unfair media”, or did she sway an undecideds, or do debates even matter?

old one ear felon looks crazy, sounds crazier, couldn’t speak past 5th grade level, and was super easily baited and manipulated. But sure did she do enough?

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I fully expected her to make this one appearance and disappear into a basement until the election.

They need her to have more appearances, but every time she does, her poll numbers go down, even after debates she "won." She makes people cringe.

That's why I believe they will ramp up Celebrity endorsements where she appears, but just stands to the side as they hype her up.

Edited by unbillievable

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nope.  Show me the post debate numbers that support this. MAGAs despise facts.

We’re two days out.  There’s a Trafalgar poll showing no movement post-debate but I highly doubt you care about that one ha. 

All we know so far if that general consensus amongst commentators is that she won.  I agree. 

Focus groups don’t show that translating to winning them over.   Some focus groups have 6/10 undecided now Harris and some have 6/10 undecided now Trump. 

We do know from those focus groups that a big issue is that they still don’t know who she is or where she stands on the issues. 

And we know the Harris camp wants another debate, whereas the Trump camp does not.  I certainly thought it would be the other way around after Tuesday Night.  

And we know from reporting that Harris advisers have privately told her she needs to establish herself more on the big issues, namely the economy and border, where undecided still, post-debate, trust Trump more.  Which lines us with public focus groups.. and we know both campaigns also have private focus groups as well.  

Maybe polling comes out next week and the debate made a difference.  Maybe not.  We don’t know yet.  All we can do is read the current tea leaves.  

• Like (+1) 2