Harris / Trump Debate.

2 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

I love watching the spin dr. Trying to cover for trump. He looked like the idiot that he is. When you got to go straight to your own spin room right after the debate you lost!

He did lose.  Where do you see people here stating otherwise?

Politics don’t always shift based on a debate.  Most recently, Trump losing his debate with Hillary in 2016. 

The debate is over.  Now the focus is on what, if any, effect did that debate have on the electorate.  

Polling may pick up any trends, or lack thereof, in the next few days/weeks… but today is about focus groups:

-Dems are THRILLED

-R’s are angry at the moderators 

-Undecideds seem unmoved from their leans heading into the debate 

Thats all we’re really seeing today.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Here is some “awful” NY Times spin 

Everyone with a brain was watching in real time North Korean media at work.  

"How dare they call out fake stories and the most blatant lies!  So unfair!  Debates should operate like my x feed! "

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

From my X feed:   

This was the moment Harris won over all the men watching:

Of course by won I mean lost.  

You are bragging about this being on your feed?  More psychiatrist less X bud.  Nothing but nonsense.   

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Proof? I thought it was common knowledge she was cheating by wearing those audio earrings?

Ohhh they're audio earrings.  You work at the mall at an earring stand or something?  Why does any adult seek out this type of absurd conspiracy. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Anyone going to with a straight face try and deny her camp gave ABC (also her camp) the topics?  

Yes everything is so unfair!  You aren't whining like a baby.  Definitely not.  The election WAS stolen.  Trump's inauguration crowd was the biggest ever.  He's the smartest president we've ever had.  

Oof I could do this for a half hour but you Boomers are stale as f.  

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Ohhh they're audio earrings.  You work at the mall at an earring stand or something?  Why does any adult seek out this type of absurd conspiracy. 

She knew the topics and would never be pressed.  

That provides comfort.  Something she needs to function as to never go off script.   

And everyone saw it.  That’s why this was a win for Trump.  Ignore it all you want.  Sure I would have liked it had Trump morphed into Ben Shapiro but that’s not who he is.  

Politically persecuted under assault by a hostile regime.  That’s who he is.  Everyone knows it.  

It’s not hard.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've jumped into the political argument page :) Figured I would after last night... here's what I posted on my FB page this morning: 

(Long post about the debate) Trump lied on the debate stage last night. He stumbled and was baited. Brilliant move by Harris… and the ABC moderators. I don’t think any conservative voter would argue with that.

What’s odd, my liberal friends have their head in the sand about Harris and her lies. I posted 9 lies she made this morning. ABC didn’t bother to call Kamala out on ANY thing she said. Not one. Let me expand on all of the ones she made after doing research.

1. She lied and said “Trump’s Project 2025”. Trump did NOT write it and he's denied it over and over again. Harris claimed this over and over and ABC never corrected her. They allowed it. Why? You can claim something as much as you like, doesn't make it true. 

2. She claimed she never supported a gun buy back. She’s said she does support that very thing, for YEARS. Even in the past couple of weeks. She also wants to ban semi-automatic weapons "if Congress can't come up with a bill" to do so.

3. She claimed he’d support a federal abortion ban. He’s *never* said that. Ever.

4. Harris claimed Trump would ban birth control and be denied IVF treatments. Again, another flat out lie. He’s touted IVF before even talked about having tax payer fund those types of treatments.

5. She said that he said “very fine people” in Charlottesville. This is an old talking point also debunked (by Snopes of all sites). Why? They are omitting the entire sentence.

6. Harris said police died on Jan. 6. No LEO died that day. Only one who was killed or died was the lady who was in the Capitol building that was shot.

7. She also said that Trump said that there would be “a bloodbath” if he lost the election. That’s a complete made up lie.

8. Harris said that the SCOTUS has allowed the President to do whatever he wants and face no legal consequence. Again, a flat out lie.

9. Harris claimed that there are no active military in a combat zone. Well, that’s just total BS. We are in Syria and Iraq at this very moment. We actually have had troops injured a week ago in a combat zone. This doesn’t include our SF and Tier 1 assets in countries like Chad, Niger, Yemen, etc.

10. Harris said that “Trump left us the worst unemployment since the Great Depression.” This is a complete and utter LIE by Harris. The unemployment was at 6.7% when he left office. That was MAINLY due to COVID. Unemployment rate in 2012? 7.9%. 2009? 9.9% I could go on and on.

11. Harris said she was a middle class child. No, she wasn’t. Her parents were wealthy. One was a biomedical scientist and the other a Stanford professor.

12. Harris said Jan 6 was the worst attack on America since the Civil War. That was worse than OKC bombing? 9/11? WWI? WWII? This is an insult to everyone who fought in those wars or died during terrorist attacks. 

13. Harris said that Putin and other dictators endorse and want Trump in office. In fact, Putin said last week he would like to see Harris elected.

14. Harris said that she never said wanted the police to be defunded. Harris said, in 2020, that “we have to redirect resources” from law enforcement. She also applauded LA Mayor Eric Garcetti taking $150 million away from their police budget.

15. Harris said that Trump would Implement a National “sales tax”. He’s never talked about a national “sales tax”. It’s totally made up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Betting markets saw Trump getting destroyed online over his debate performance resulting in a Kamala jump, but now realize everyone thinks the debate was a joke and no one was moved. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

She knew the topics and would never be pressed.  

That provides comfort.  Something she needs to function as to never go off script.   

And everyone saw it.  That’s why this was a win for Trump.  Ignore it all you want.  Sure I would have liked it had Trump morphed into Ben Shapiro but that’s not who he is.  

Politically persecuted under assault by a hostile regime.  That’s who he is.  Everyone knows it.  

It’s not hard.  

As usual,  you have proof of NOTHING.  just feelings.   You are trying to elect a moron, man-child.  Provably corrupt. 

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Look it up, man. She was wearing them alright. Cheaters gotta cheat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

As usual,  you have proof of NOTHING.  just feelings.   You are trying to elect a moron, man-child.  Provably corrupt. 

We don’t know who’s president.  

They didn’t bring up once that he was nearly assassinated.  

But let’s talk Jan 6 for the 50000th time and Charlottesville for good measure.   

Would you like anymore?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Yes everything is so unfair!  You aren't whining like a baby.  Definitely not.  The election WAS stolen.  Trump's inauguration crowd was the biggest ever.  He's the smartest president we've ever had.  

Oof I could do this for a half hour but you Boomers are stale as f.  

The tone of your reply only provides us a stereotypical snapshot of how divided this country is. Nothing more, nothing less. We have all seen it thousands of times. You added nothing to the conversation.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Look it up, man. She was wearing them alright. Cheaters gotta cheat.

Look it up is code for some whacko said crazy shite online.  You know this right?  After being duped 1k times you'd think you'd learn.

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

The tone of your reply only provides us a stereotypical snapshot of how divided this country is. Nothing more, nothing less. We have all seen it thousands of times. You added nothing to the conversation.

True.  There's nothing that will get through to people suffering from internet brain.  Proof certainly doesn't work.   I can't compete with people who believe insane internet stories that agree with their bias.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1