Harris / Trump Debate.

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Again you miss the point. Explain to me how Harris is getting a tax bill out of House Ways and Means right now ?

His simple questions answer is Harris cannot get a tax bill out of House Ways and Means so that’s why she hasn’t passed any of her proposed tax bills.

The simple answer to the border is they had a bipartisan agreement and Trump killed it.

Why does Harris not pass a tax bill and border bill? Answer: she can’t get it through house ways and means for tax and the border she tried but Trump told Republicans to kill it.

This is what Orlando asked: "I  watched the first about 20 minutes and turned it off so I could go to sleep, did the moderators at any point say to Kamala " why have you not done this legislation yet" on any of her topics? Especially in regards to the border or tax law?"

I'm not sure if his intent is having legislation passed or introducing legislation.  I assume he means introducing legislation and not necessarily having that legislation become law.  In other words, why has she done nothing.  Also, his question was directly about the moderators asking a question.  You then ran with it and made it about the VP not being able to pass a law when all he asked was about the moderators asking her a question.  And, of course, you made it about Trump.  You're not even close to what Orlando asked.  But again, have fun running amok with your bad self. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I'm sorry for you.  That was literally quoted from a link provided above, by a comment you liked.  

Derp 

Yes. Most polls in this election are within the margin of error. Would you have preferred the numbers were switched between the two candidates?

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Again you miss the point. Explain to me how Harris is getting a tax bill out of House Ways and Means right now ?

His simple questions answer is Harris cannot get a tax bill out of House Ways and Means so that’s why she hasn’t passed any of her proposed tax bills.

The simple answer to the border is they had a bipartisan agreement and Trump killed it.

Why does Harris not pass a tax bill and border bill? Answer: she can’t get it through house ways and means for tax and the border she tried but Trump told Republicans to kill it.

Truthfully, we don't need a new border bill. Just enforce the rules and criteria for asylum status. Almost all of the people coming across are seeking economic relief. That doesn’t qualify you for asylum. Criminals don't qualify. They should be deported right now. But they're not. Rather most get released to repeat more crimes.

The problems we have won"t be solved by more laws because the problem is this administration won't enforce the current laws and claims they would suddenly enforce new laws if only Republicans would go along are without merit or evidence. Stop pretending otherwise. Dispute that if you wish.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

Truthfully, we don't need a new border bill. Just enforce the rules and criteria for asylum status. Almost all of the people coming across are seeking economic relief. That doesn’t qualify you for asylum. Criminals don't qualify. Thet should be deported right now. But they're not. Rather most get released to repeat more crimes.

The problems we have won"t be solved by more laws because the problem is this administration won't enforce the current laws and claims they would suddenly enforce new laws if only Republicans would go along are without merit or evidence. Dispute that if you wish.

Just like the gun topic.  Just enforce the laws.  Aggressively if needed due to public safety 

2 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

All I learned is that Trump is pitifully easy to manipulate.

Like, middle school level word games leave him completely incoherent.

Let’s not forget he’s the best negotiator.

He negotiated the earliest debate in President trial history that led to Biden dropping out.

He negotiated this debate that made him look terrible.

He single handily negotiated himself out of a Presidency.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

As all sports fans know, when you spend your energy after a game yelling about the refs, you really were the loser. 

Lots of people here sounding like Mahomes after the Kadarius Toney penalty last year…

Republicans need to be smarter moving forward.  

If they don’t blacklist ABC after this, then they deserve outcomes like we saw last night. 

Theres bias.. and then there’s egregious bias.   We saw the latter. 

I won’t mince words.  Last night went about as well as it could for Harris.  Trump came across poorly and she never had to deviate from platitudes and attack lines. 

The GOP needs to take a long hard look at the political landscape and how they deal with these networks moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Republicans need to be smarter moving forward.  

If they don’t blacklist ABC after this, then they deserve outcomes like we saw last night. 

Theres bias.. and then there’s egregious bias.   We saw the latter. 

I won’t mince words.  Last night went about as well as it could for Harris.  Trump came across poorly and she never had to deviate from platitudes and attack lines. 

The GOP needs to take a long hard look at the political landscape and how they deal with these networks moving forward. 

Deal with these networks moving forward. 

How not free speech and authoritarian of you.  Did ABC settle for $768,000,000.00 for propagating election lies?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Starr-Bills said:

Deal with these networks moving forward. 

How not free speech and authoritarian of you.  Did ABC settle for $768,000,000.00 for propagating election lies?

“Deal with these networks” = Don’t agree to debates/interviews with people who hate you.  

I forgot, there’s libs in here, and your first inclination is an authoritarian wielding of power.  

• Like (+1) 3

I am independent and was going to likely vote Kennedy before he dropped out. Trump had a bad night and the mods showed bias. Both happened, One did not cause the other and it is not an either/or.  The mods on ABC news were problematic. Why was Harris not asked the same type of tough questions or corrected when she said something inaccurate? This is not just a few MAGAs whining, the bias of ABC news seemed to be noticed across the board.

Harris shows a history that is far to the left but suddenly seems to be running on a more moderate platform. People have a right to naturally question why there was a sudden change in her views and the mods did a disservice by not pressing this. We already know what Trump is like for better or worse. A lot of Americans do not know much about Harris and had questions about her that were not answered.

A good debate moderator gives equal and consistent treatment to each participant and that did not happen last night.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

“Deal with these networks” = Don’t agree to debates/interviews with people who hate you.  

I forgot, there’s libs in here, and your first inclination is an authoritarian wielding of power.  

Okay Mr. “Free speech”. So what you are saying is Harris is smart not going on Fox?