Harris / Trump Debate.

I didn't watch the entire show because i can't stand the format and the questions. Its more like a joint press conference than a one-on-one debate between two people. Which is what we need to see.

But of what i did see i thought Harris was composed and performed well and Trump came off a little agitated and rambling in some responses. Sure the mods favored Harris but that was a given.

One thing i did see was Muir ask Trump for is details of his deportation proposal and rather than doing what I would have done, he proceeded into a lengthy and unorganized response.

i would have simply said the following.

About 15 million people crossed our border claiming asylum. The rules and criteria are clear. What's also clear is Harris has no intention of enforcing the rules. Allowing and sending all these people into communities across the country without keeping track of most. Everyone gets a hearing. If their claim is valid they can stay but if it isn't they can't stay. If they don't show up for the hearing they can't stay. My administration will follow the rules and enforce existing rules and law. A Harris administration won't.

Just an example of how he responded and seemed unprepared to give sharp and focused responses.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, phypon said:

You're still missing the point and basically talking in circles.  You don't need a republican to introduce or originate a bill.  Do you really think that's how it works??  But hey, have fun with running amok.  

Civics primers from the pro-J6 Phony P.  Great stuff.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, phypon said:

You're still missing the point and basically talking in circles.  You don't need a republican to introduce or originate a bill.  Do you really think that's how it works??  But hey, have fun with running amok.  

Please explain how a tax bill becomes law.

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Can you update those polls for us?  Blue Tampa Bay news and ABC. 

And I thought memes needed to be clever

CNN conducted a real poll:

Registered voters who watched Tuesday’s debate between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump say, 63% to 37%, that Harris turned in a better performance, according to a CNN poll of debate watchers conducted by SSRS.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-harris-debate-abc-09-10-24#h_bf0713ded98fb1867a0770a9cf09dddf

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Republican backed poll:

Kamala Harris leads Donald Trump by 3 points (48-45) in the latest On Point/Red Eagle Politics/SoCal Strategies National Poll of 719 likely voters. Among those who watched the debate, 53% say Harris won, while just 34% say Trump won.

https://substack.com/inbox/post/148756500?utm_campaign=post&showWelcomeOnShare=true

Yougov has Harris killing Trump in the poll:

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/survey-results/daily/2024/09/11/c7861/2

43 to 28

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Do you think the ABC moderators would have been out if line if they reminded Commie-la that in a few short hours we as a nation would be remembering the anniversary of 9/11 where THOUSANDS OF US CITIZENS DIED....

Or nah?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The SoCal Strategies National Poll was conducted from September 10-11 using the Pollfish and Lucid (CINT) online panels. The sampling error for this survey is +/-3.7%. It is important to note that sampling errors for subgroups are greater, and this does not account for other error such as non-coverage bias, response bias, or a non-representative sample.

Well…

That was an ambush. 

Trump took the bait and was off his game all night.   Came across defensive & angry as the debate was somehow a referendum on a man who hasn’t been in office for four years. 

Kamala was on the offense, made very easy by the line of questioning from ABC, along with the absolutely unprofessional actions of the moderators.  

One of the most disgraceful performances by a news network at this level I think I’ve ever seen in my life. 

Republicans would be wise to blacklist ABC News from this moment forward. 

That said… what happened, happened.. and Trump needs to hope the news cycle moves on quick and he can get back to having the momentum he had pre-debate. 

Kamala didn’t do much of anything to educate voters.. nor was she ever pressed to by the moderators.   But she came across far more coherent in her answers.  

My only critique of her is I have no idea who coached her to be so emotive with her facial cues as Trump was speaking.  Extremely off-putting to anyone who isn’t predisposed to root for her. 

The Abdul line was classic Trump, but unfortunately the rest of the debate - for him - was him arguing with David Muir and having to deal with botched fact checks from Linsey Davis in real time.  Especially egregious out the gate with the abortion fact check where Northam is on video saying that and Tim Walz did remove protections in Minnesota to save babies born alive after attempted abortions - leading to 8 documented cases of them being made comfortable as they died, as opposed to being required to be given life saving medical treatment.  

This is what Trump dealt with all night.  But he didn’t handle it well.   Remains to be seen how polling changes, if at all.  The betting markets have. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Please explain how a tax bill becomes law.

Again, you're missing the point and going completely off the rails and deflecting to something that has nothing to do with what the original poster asked.  He asked a simple question.  You went from a simple question to the VP has no influence to outsiders killing bills to not knowing how a bill becomes a law (which has nothing to do with his question).

22 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

One man killed by a bullet.

Two others wounded by bullet

Trump's ear BLEEDING with PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE of a bullet speeding BY HIS HEAD.

And this is what we get from commies...

he litterally shows zero physical signs that it ever happened.

Gene Fstain.

Is everyone ready to wake up yet and admit that these people are forever gone to reality?

This is how you get people still believing....

Trump told people to attack the Capitol 

Trump called neo nazis and white nationalists very fine people.

Residents of Springfield, OH haven't really been reporting cats, dogs and geese being taken and eaten by Haitians.

And on and on...

In many ways this is not their fault. This is all by design, but it doesnt make debating them any less of an exercise in futility. These people have been fully demoralized by ideological subversion.

Wake. Up.

What a self own…..DT so demoralized he and probably you still think he won 2020

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

Again, you're missing the point and going completely off the rails and deflecting to something that has nothing to do with what the original poster asked.  He asked a simple question.  You went from a simple question to the VP has no influence to outsiders killing bills to not knowing how a bill becomes a law (which has nothing to do with his question).

Again you miss the point. Explain to me how Harris is getting a tax bill out of House Ways and Means right now ?

His simple questions answer is Harris cannot get a tax bill out of House Ways and Means so that’s why she hasn’t passed any of her proposed tax bills.

The simple answer to the border is they had a bipartisan agreement and Trump killed it.

Why does Harris not pass a tax bill and border bill? Answer: she can’t get it through house ways and means for tax and the border she tried but Trump told Republicans to kill it.

9 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Republican backed poll:

Kamala Harris leads Donald Trump by 3 points (48-45) in the latest On Point/Red Eagle Politics/SoCal Strategies National Poll of 719 likely voters. Among those who watched the debate, 53% say Harris won, while just 34% say Trump won.

https://substack.com/inbox/post/148756500?utm_campaign=post&showWelcomeOnShare=true

Yougov has Harris killing Trump in the poll:

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/survey-results/daily/2024/09/11/c7861/2

43 to 28

He’ll never lose those 34% bottom feeders, the cult. So she did very well. 

10 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The SoCal Strategies National Poll was conducted from September 10-11 using the Pollfish and Lucid (CINT) online panels. The sampling error for this survey is +/-3.7%. It is important to note that sampling errors for subgroups are greater, and this does not account for other error such as non-coverage bias, response bias, or a non-representative sample.

Poor Tommy. Can’t accept reality. Who won in 2020?

• Eyeroll 1