Harris / Trump Debate.

Just now, ChiGoose said:

Watching with my wife is pretty interesting. She’s a normie voter: doesn’t spend time thinking or talking about politics all of the time. 

Her confused reactions to some of Trump’s more terminally online arguments have been funny 

That's what's happened to the Republican (read: Trumpie) base. Terminally online. Talking points that the vast majority of Americans don't understand and don't care to understand. So wrapped up in that world they don't realize it just sounds plain nuts (weird) to everyone else.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

If there's one consistency through all this at least progressives hate both the candidates when it comes to Israel.

Not sure what Cenk would have Trump say otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

That's what's happened to the Republican (read: Trumpie) base. Terminally online. Talking points that the vast majority of Americans don't understand and don't care to understand. So wrapped up in that world they don't realize it just sounds plain nuts (weird) to everyone else.

She doesn’t have a position on anything. 

You know exactly what Trump will do.   

After this - do you still have any idea?  

Nope.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Total survival?? They’re trying to take more territory! Come on, man!

You are so ignorant.  Not enough time to debate.

Israel gave up that land to the Palestinians you tool.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Nope.  

They're still of the mind that Trump is still running the country...and vainly trying to convince others of it.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

According to my wife, kamala is winning more votes on this, bc she is remaining and speaking calm and keeps hitting the messaging.

She says Trump isn't focused on winning votes here, more about making points

Her two cents fwiw

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Nope.  

Answer: Yes. Better than I know what Trump will do.

Unless you are convinced by arguments that "only I can fix it" or "If I'm President I'll end the war immediately."

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

You are so ignorant.  Not enough time to debate.

Israel gave up that land to the Palestinians you tool.

Then can Bibi aim his missiles a little better? Like away from the residential camps?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

100% agree. I know that I’m weird. My undergrad degree was Poli Sci, I think, consume, and talk politics all of the time. 

But that’s abnormal. 

The normal American doesn’t do that. They consume a bit of news during the day but not a ton. They spend their free time with hobbies that aren’t politics. 

By going full bore for the terminally online crowd, Trump is alienating the average American. 

Edited by ChiGoose

This was the Republican's race to win two years ago and I am convinced that any other candidate would have won easily.  Now things are looking doubtful. This administration is a disaster, but when the opposing party handles their entire campaign like McDermott handles two minute drills, that likely means a Harris win.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bray Wyatt said:

According to my wife, kamala is winning more votes on this, bc she is remaining and speaking calm and keeps hitting the messaging.

She says Trump isn't focused on winning votes here, more about making points

Her two cents fwiw

She and the moderators are bringing out his worst instincts.  I'm half expecting the debate moderators to ask Trump if he stopped beating his wife.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

This was the Republican's race to win two years ago and I am convinced that any other candidate would have won easily.  Now things are looking doubtful. This administration is a disaster, but when the opposing party handles their entire campaign like McDermott handles two minute drills, that likely means a Harris win.

The problem is that a debate won't change the terrible policies of this Admin, of which she was the 2nd ranking member and there's no reason to believe she'll be any better.  Much less her lack of action to fix anything right now.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc Brown said:

She and the moderators are bringing out his worst instincts.  I'm half expecting the debate moderators to ask Trump if he stopped beating his wife.

Oh definitely, she even said that the lady moderator seems to hate trump

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The problem is that a debate won't change the terrible policies of this Admin, of which she was a member and there's no reason to believe she'll be any better.  Much less her lack of action to fix anything right now.

Don't get me wrong, I lean conservative but am also independent. I will not vote for Harris no matter what. I just think that Trump has done nothing to sway the middle and independent voters.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

Don't get me wrong, I lean conservative but am also independent. I will not vote for Harris no matter what. I just think that Trump has done nothing to sway the middle and independent voters.

I'm not sure anything either said would.  Like I said, a debate won't change what's been happening the last 3-1/2 years, people want a change and she's not it.  Does any independent really think she's a moderate?  That she can't fix any of the things she says she can't until she become President?

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 2