2024 Rookie WR Stats (Through Week 3)

gonzo1105

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This game definitely helps Coleman's numbers. And I'll say it again.... having a legitimate outside receiver who means Keon can be used more between the numbers in tight splits on slants and crossers plays MUCH better to his strengths than having him run vertically on the outside. The best facets of his game are his body control and athleticism at the catch point and with ball in hand. 

That little 5 yard slant to Coleman to give him a chance to break a tackle or two and make a big play should be a staple in the Bills offense.

I literally wrote that before the game in another thread and lo and behold he does exactly that on the play they run it.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This was, by far, his best game IMO. He looked dangerous and more comfortable. Haven’t Cooper next to him will open things up for Keon. 

It allows them to use him the way he should be used. Previously they were having to run him vertically a lot to say to teams "look, we are willing to go vertical we keep running this guy down here" but it isn't his strength and honestly it wasn't fooling anyone. Just the presence of Coop (I think he played 18 snaps last night) means teams can't simply ignore the idea that the Bills will go vertical outside and that frees Keon up. I always said if we were drafting him to replace Gabe Davis I am fine with the pick. But he isn't a #1. And the Bills choices at the end of this season are 1) extend Coop; 2) find another legit #1 in FA; 3) draft another WR in the 1st round. Nothing else is an acceptable answer. I find it hard to envisage them doing #3. So #1 is the clubhouse leader. Let's hope he continues to show well. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That little 5 yard slant to Coleman to give him a chance to break a tackle or two and make a big play should be a staple in the Bills offense.

I literally wrote that before the game in another thread and lo and behold he does exactly that on the play they run it.

They tried it in the red zone but the DB slipped around the knox pick.  He still almost caught it and it was not a very good pass.  

I’d like to see some of those Pickens type deep shots to Coleman in this Offense as well.  

Agreed with the above about the quick slants too.  

I can easily envision an Offense where Coleman becomes a stat monster in this Offense with Cooper occupying the defenses attention opposite him.  

You could see Allen’s confidence in the receivers grow exponentially in that second half as he starts to realize what he has in Kincaid-Cooper-Coleman-Shakir. 

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Thought it was super close, was expecting ruling on the field stands

I thought it was clearly not a catch and expected it to be overturned. Once he had control his second foot came down out of bounds and lost control again once stepping out. By the rules it’s an easy call.