Listening to the Extra Point Show on WGR---how do callers get worse every year?

Big Turk

I think the WGR morning show is pretty good.  I only really listen to it on replay once in a while during the season, but whoever is on it from 6 am - 10 am, I typically agree with their insights and they're decently engaging.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Because typically, the least educated, least knowledgeable and most unqualified to speak feel the need to do so the most and the loudest. This applies to way more than just football call in shows in today's society.

couldn’t agree more.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Because typically, the least educated, least knowledgeable and most unqualified to speak feel the need to do so the most and the loudest. This applies to way more than just football call in shows in today's society.

Not only that, but it's also the type of person who has made so many wrong/bad decisions in their lives that they have nothing else better to do (no job, etc) than sit on hold all day waiting to give their crappy opinion about a sport they dont even play.

Most of us have other things to do. Not the folks that are calling in to sports radio. There are reasons for that.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think the WGR morning show is pretty good.  I only really listen to it on replay once in a while during the season, but whoever is on it from 6 am - 10 am, I typically agree with their insights and they're decently engaging.

The shows and hosts are fine (I agree the morning crew is the best). It's the callers that take it all downhill.

I actually have respect for Schoop & Bulldog that they can listen to this garbage from callers and still maintain a bit of professionalism. I wouldve gone on a ranting tirade at these morons and quit a long time ago.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

HEAR ME OUT!!! YOU'RE WRONG!!!!! I'M RIGHT!!!!

😀(Sarcasm) 

• Haha (+1) 1

It used to be that a lot of football fans read the newspaper or listened to sports radio for the news. People calling into the radio shows would draw from this larger group. Now the majority read on the internet or listen to podcasts for audio sports news.

What kind of person is still listening to sports radio? It’s a smaller pool of people, and a lot of them not capable of moving to newer mediums.

Think about a person you know who has that loud, annoying voice and never seems to stop talking. Could be a family member, neighbor, or whoever that you can hear 2 houses away and it seems like they just love to hear the sound of their own voice.

How many of those people that you know and fit that description would you consider intelligent? 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not only that, but it's also the type of person who has made so many wrong/bad decisions in their lives that they have nothing else better to do (no job, etc) than sit on hold all day waiting to give their crappy opinion about a sport they dont even play.

Most of us have other things to do. Not the folks that are calling in to sports radio. There are reasons for that.

It's the same people calling 877-CASH-NOW after seeing a mid-day J.G. Wentworth commercial.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It's mind numbing listening to some of these callers. There always have been bad callers that harp on nonsensical stuff or are so far off base from reality that it boggles the mind...but there seem to be more and more of them every passing year and less and less good calls with solid talking points...

What are we doing here people? What is happening to general football IQ in this area?  It seems to be heading down a dumpster slide faster and faster with every passing year.

Yikes...I had to turn it off...can't even listen to anymore of this.

OMG, the callers can barely form sentences sometimes!

3 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

The worst are the consistent callers....like "Larry" from south FL that calls every monday morning with his recap. Get your own show man 🤣

Honestly, that's how Sal Capaccio got his start.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No, but he started his own show online and honed his craft.

oh...little different. Believe he was the host of the weekend HS sports show on WGR as his first crack at WGR. rose from there (and his online show I guess).