Snap counts vs Cardinals

I am not sure if there is a free site where you can easily see snap counts for each game, but since there was just one game so far,  it is easy to use PFR. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2024-snap-counts.htm

Interesting offensive snap counts (62 snaps):

Kincaid 52, Knox 36, Morris 6, Gilliam 4

Coleman 45, Hollins 36, Shakir 33, Samuel 17, MVS 13

Cook 38, Ty Johnson 12, Davis 6

Interesting defensive snap counts (61 snaps):

Oliver 50, Jones 45, Johnson 13, Carter 7

Rousseau 48, Epenesa 38, Miller 29, Toohill 11

D. Williams 52, Ingram 11

On offense, Coleman played 73% of snaps, by far most of all WRs. So much for the depth chart lol. Interesting that Shakir only slightly over 50% and Samuel only 17 snaps. I'd like to know if he was on limited snap count because of that toe. Ray Davis 6 snaps only, I'd say he can go only one way from here on :)

On defense, Oliver played 82% of snaps. There were only 3 games last year where he played more. I don't remember seeing Carter on the field, and this is why - he only played 7 snaps.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Interested to see what the All-22 shows because Kincaid was a complete non factor 

I barely even remember seeing him on the field.

But he was... A lot.

I really thought he'd be the focus of the pass game🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Cardinals focused on him a lot of the game. 

Exactly. Everyone knew going into this season he was #1 on the receiving chart, so they focused on him.  Which is fine, because others got to eat, then he got his. This is a great philosophy as the further we get in the season teams will understand there is no true #1 in our system, which hurts their game planning.

• Agree 4

18 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Exactly. Everyone knew going into this season he was #1 on the receiving chart, so they focused on him.  Which is fine, because others got to eat, then he got his. This is a great philosophy as the further we get in the season teams will understand there is no true #1 in our system, which hurts their game planning.

The only problem with that is everyone focuses on Kelce and a host of other great TEs and they still produce. Now most of those guys don't have a very good TE#2. 

And it's only 1 game. Let's see if it is an issue with a few more games played.

• Like (+1) 1

Couple of interesting things I saw:

For all the complaining about McD's D-line rotation, Oliver (81.97), Rousseau (78.69), and D Jones (73.77) all played more than 70% of snaps.

Ray Davis was only in for 6 snaps but got 3 rushes and a catch on those snaps.  Conversely Ty Johnson got 14 snaps, 2 rushes, and 1 target.  How long until Davis takes over?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, section122 said:

For all the complaining about McD's D-line rotation, Oliver (81.97), Rousseau (78.69), and D Jones (73.77) all played more than 70% of snaps.

Ray Davis was only in for 6 snaps but got 3 rushes and a catch on those snaps.  Conversely Ty Johnson got 14 snaps, 2 rushes, and 1 target.  How long until Davis takes over?

Davis earned more playing time after yesterday.

• Agree 5

15 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Interesting. What I want to talk about is that the Bills scored a TD on a WR screen to Shakir, who made an incredibly athletic play at the end to get into the EZ. According to everyone, the Bills are not supposed to be able to do any of that. 

Everyone is usually a person with multiple personalities on speed.

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

Ty Johnson did a lot of blocking both pass blocking and picking up rushers.  It is not all about the rushes and targets.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I barely even remember seeing him on the field.

But he was... A lot.

I really thought he'd be the focus of the pass game🤷🏻‍♂️

Here's the thing. He was. He was the Cardinals #1 focus. Gone are the days of a Diggs commanding all the attention. 

So what we will likely see this year is teams take out Kincaid for a while. We should see guys like Shakir and Coleman do well. Then teams will shift their focus to them and Kincaid will emerge a bit more. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Let's see how things progress with specific game planning.  Something I thought Dorsey didn't do at all.

Miami has tape on Coleman, Shakir and Cook.  Maybe that gives Kincaid, Samuel and Davis an initial leg up for Thursday.

On a short week in a hot environment and an opponent we want to keep off the field offensively, I fully expect Davis to get an uptick in usage this Thursday.  And like the idea of utilizing Kincaid & Samuel more as well.  Based on camp reports and Samuel’s skill set, maybe we see some Samuel run plays this week?

2 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

On a short week in a hot environment and an opponent we want to keep off the field offensively, I fully expect Davis to get an uptick in usage this Thursday.  And like the idea of utilizing Kincaid & Samuel more as well.  Based on camp reports and Samuel’s skill set, maybe we see some Samuel run plays this week?

They seemed to hold Samuel back some due to the toe.  Hope he is 100% for Thursday.

We saw some of what the Bills O was doing with Curtis in camp.  Lining him up all over the place and a lot of motion with the O.

I'm expecting more of that on Thursday if he's healthy.

Right now, they got Cook (who played well as the RB1), Johnson (who blocks well) and Davis (who we are hoping he can eventually do both).

I'm liking the RB room.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, section122 said:

Davis had 3 carries for 13 yards. I think he got 13 on one carry and got nothing on the other two. He did fine but so did Cook. No reason to change the rotation. 

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

The only problem with that is everyone focuses on Kelce and a host of other great TEs and they still produce. Now most of those guys don't have a very good TE#2. 

And it's only 1 game. Let's see if it is an issue with a few more games played.

It was a very weird TE week league wide:

Only 3 TEs had more than 4 catches this week: Likely, Bowers, McBride

Only 2 TEs had more than 50 yards: Likely and Bowers

Only 5 TEs scored TDS this week: Pitts, Likely, Moreau, Okonkwo, Juwan Johnson

Some stud TE numbers:

Kelce 3 for 34

LaPorta 4 for 45

Engram 1 for 5

Definitely would play the wait and see as you say

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Davis had 3 carries for 13 yards. I think he got 13 on one carry and got nothing on the other two. He did fine but so did Cook. No reason to change the rotation. 

I meant taking over for Ty Johnson as #2 which is why I compared the 2 of them.  Cook is very safe as the #1 back lol