Why the personal foul on Kyler Murray Slide happened.

12 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

that is us literally all the time against the chiefs lol also players know they’re gettin away with some grabs throughout the game and continue doing it, you can’t just pull the rug out from under them and start calling it on the final drive.. it’s not really ‘luck’ that it wasn’t called like some are saying

You know I agree with this and quite honestly, PI and D holding calls have been way over officious lately, so much so that they over dictate the game and are wildly inconsistent, Not an Eagles fan but I hated the Super Bowl effectively being over on a BS holding call. 

So, if they are gonna back off and let them play a little more, I am honestly good with it. If that is what we witnessed... excellent... lets go... and maybe that is why Beane (and the KC example) wanted bigger receivers to your point. 

14 hours ago, Simon said:

I don't dispute this, but if the big guy gives himself up, he should be afforded the same protections as any other sliding QB.

He may have made contact but I'm not sure it was before the ball hit him, and if it was, whether it significantly hindered his ability to catch the ball.

I think the announcers made that point, receiver could have helped himself by stopping or coming back for that ball or at least making it look like he was impaired. 

22 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Did we touch him? Nope. But I knew the second he slid it was a flag. Why?  Go back and look at the play, as soon as he hits his back his head bounces off the turf.  He did it to himself, but the timing of it made it look like  Ja'Marcus Ingram hit him.  

Call NYC. Get a review.

Can you give the 4 points back so Bills cover spread and bettors win?

21 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

what exactly does instant replay have to do with it? Unless there’s a rule change I’m not aware of this Isn’t a reviewable play. 

how is instant replay supposed to help the officials on the field when they can’t use it?

They call NY for punches thrown, fights & ejections...

21 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm guessing you're being obtuse, but I'm clamoring for the NFL to use instant replay/sky judges in these instances to quickly overturn obviously wrong calls. 

Like they did last night.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Cards player had his hand in JA17's horsecollar... So it's debatable.  IF THAT'S the roughing call you are talking about.

There is no horse collar in the pocket

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

In the era of instant (and I mean INSTANT) replays that seems like a poor excuse for the officiating staff. 

The refs were awful, both teams have a lot to complain about. 

Agree. I think the Bills got the rough end of the deal first half, the personal foul and the repeated Cardinals false starts that were not flagged. I think we got some makeup calls later.... the RTP on Josh was soft as hell and Ingram could certainly have been called for PI at the end. I thought the officials just sucked generally. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It was just a terrible call...equally terrible call on Cards when they were flagged for roughing the passer on Allen

Also had a play where Josh was stepping up in the pocket and got smacked in the head, no call.