Daniel Jones leaving the stadium to intense heckling

SCBills

Sooo, the whole Allen isn’t the same without Daboll narrative is pretty much dead as this point, and one week into this season the Diggs made Allen narrative is already on life support lol.

Like Dion said, people need to stop playing with Allen’s name lol.

While petty of the fans, and something I would never do. If I got paid 40+million a year and sometimes will be the most hated person around the community, I would take it. 

Now, what the police had to deal with all across the country during the riots for a mere 50 to 60k a year I feel bad for. Not trying to make this political just my perspective. 

3 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

As someone who used to work with juvenile delinquents in an alternative school setting who got swung on, shoved, and other forms of attacks.....and insulted weekly by students with criminal records.....all for about $55k a year......I have zero sympathy for this "hardship" Jones is going through. As someone who is friends with corrections officers, military members, police, etc.....Jones doesn't know the meaning of "I have it rough."

I will gladly walk through that line of insults if I had millions in the bank and could retire tomorrow being set up for life. He is getting paid very well to produce wins and good results. He isn't doing it. I've refused jobs I knew I wasnt qualified for despite the fact I would have gotten a higher salary. Some QBs walk away when they know it's over. Jones still wants the bag and should suffer the consequences of his poor play and choices. 

Chill out. Daniel didn't make this thread. 

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I've been rooting for Jones for a long time. He is a tough dude who IMO has had very little help his entire career. But at this point, I'm not sure he is redeemable. He is just broken at this point. 

I maintain the Giants made a huge mistake paying him after he had an ok season. Franchise him for a year and see what happens. Extremely poor move by some former Bills.

Schoen and Daboll will be both be available this offseason

Schoen will be back in Buffalo.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, K D said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with this. He gets paid very very very well. If he can't take the heat there are other professions where nobody cares how bad you are at your job. If you want a public facing job then be prepared to face the public on occasion 

I agree.

When I hit play on that link I was expecting a lot more vulgar comments thrown his way 

3 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Daboll probably won’t last the season at this rate!

It’s too bad because I don’t think he’s a bad coach but they never should have given Jones that extension.  It seemed like Joe Schoen wanted to move up for Daniels Maye.

As good as Nabers might become I don’t think he was their top choice

21 minutes ago, julian said:

Sooo, the whole Allen isn’t the same without Daboll narrative is pretty much dead as this point, and one week into this season the Diggs made Allen narrative is already on life support lol.

Like Dion said, people need to stop playing with Allen’s name lol.

It was never really alive.

• Agree 1

After that game deservedly so, i just can't figure why they paid him the kind of money they did . Dabol & Shein jobs could be riding on his play if he continues like this both may be gone before the end of the season . They may need to play their their QB's if they want to stay employed .

1 hour ago, Talleywhacker said:

Bitter man but that was your career choice.

And yeah I am pretty bitter about my career because there a whole bunch of things that became my job that aren't supposed to be my job, that again, nobody cares enough to do anything about other than give thoughts and prayers.

But by all means, let's separate the wealthy even further from the unwashed masses because our words might make them sad.

50 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Even money says he doesn't last the season..

So does Eddie Money.  Says that. 😁😇

34 minutes ago, T master said:

Dabol & Shein jobs could be riding on his play if he continues like this both may be gone before the end of the season .

Not to worry.  They'll just get Gettleman out of retirement to fill both roles.  And keep an eye on the cafeteria rolls, too.  Gettleman:  Cafeteria Cop.

4 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

As someone who used to work with juvenile delinquents in an alternative school setting who got swung on, shoved, and other forms of attacks.....and insulted weekly by students with criminal records.....all for about $55k a year......I have zero sympathy for this "hardship" Jones is going through. As someone who is friends with corrections officers, military members, police, etc.....Jones doesn't know the meaning of "I have it rough."

I will gladly walk through that line of insults if I had millions in the bank and could retire tomorrow being set up for life. He is getting paid very well to produce wins and good results. He isn't doing it. I've refused jobs I knew I wasnt qualified for despite the fact I would have gotten a higher salary. Some QBs walk away when they know it's over. Jones still wants the bag and should suffer the consequences of his poor play and choices. 

Before I dive into why I disagree strongly with this post, I think the heckling is very mild.  I expected much worse based on the title.

To your point though, as someone who worked in a similar setting as you for even less money, where is the demarcation line of it now is okay to treat someone poorly because they have x amount of dollars.  It isn't and it doesn't magically make it okay at 100k or 1 million or 40 million.  I would imagine your correction officer, military, and police friends have many days where no amount of money makes up for what they have to go through.  My first realization after leaving the place I worked at was how much abuse I was taking and how I had normalized it.  It's not normal and it's okay to call this behavior out for what it is, juvenile, idiotic, and dumb.  Boo him on the field but when he isn't wearing the jersey it's ridiculous to hassle him imo. 

• Agree 1

This conversation is getting too deep. Let’s be honest, this is just how people talk in Jersey. They don’t hide their feelings. Driving down the expressway on the east coast involves worse heckling. 

Edited by SirAndrew

Jones sucks and it’s insane he’s getting paid what he’s getting. But “fans” like that are garbage human beings and odds are they are way worse at their job than Jones is at his. 

And booing another grown man has always been really weird to me. 

9 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

As someone who's slept outside in swamps, deserts, and blizzards and has experienced combat, I couldn't disagree more.

Yep, what Jones is going through can't be counted as "hardship" given what some others have to face.

But every human, whether they earn $1 a day or a $1 million, deserves empathy.  Even human, whether their hardships are tougher than ours or not, deserves respect. 

I would boo and heckle a murderer or rapist.  But not an athlete who doesn't happen to be as talented as I want.  Football is just a game and this behavior is classless.

Edited by hondo in seattle

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

I've enjoyed many responses in this thread.  

One thing I will add, I wouldn't call that "intense heckling" at all. But I'm Gen-X so

Yeah, I've taken more shlt than that just walking through the kitchen on a random Tuesday.

• Haha (+1) 1