Daniel Jones leaving the stadium to intense heckling

SCBills

1 hour ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Jones still wants the bag and should suffer the consequences of his poor play and choices. 

Who draws the line on what those consequences are? You are apparently OK with screaming obscenities and harassment as he leaves his workplace. 
How about physical threatening or attack? How about intimidating his family?  

I mean, he makes a LOT of money so this must be OK with you?

3 minutes ago, Danger Mouse said:

He's paid a lot of money to bring glory to people who are too useless to ever achieve any kind of glory in their own lives. It's not right, but that's the game he's in. He carries their hopes and dreams in exchange for the high life. This is the price he pays. It's pathetic. But what can you do.

You’re damn right that’s pathetic. If your sports team is the only thing that brings “ glory” to your life, you live a very sad life.

I love the Bills, used to be like that. Loss would ruin me for days. Then you realize you can’t control it. Your wife and kids don’t care about football and need you to be there for them. 

I have never asked for autographs or bought player jerseys because I realize these guys are just human and they’re like me just got blessed with a talent that pays them a lot of money. I realize that fans pay for that whether in the stadium or on tv but me and you and everyone else wouldn’t want to get out of an 8 hour shift and have a bunch of random people we don’t know screaming at us about how horrible we did today. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JP51 said:

Brian Daboll will be on the market after this season I think. 

Maybe, but unless he guaranteed he could make Daniel’s something, I question if it’s justified (yet), that roster is weak.. Schoen should be on the hot seat though.

Just now, DCofNC said:

Maybe, but unless he guaranteed he could make Daniel’s something, I question if it’s justified (yet), that roster is weak.. Schoen should be on the hot seat though.

I dont disagree with any of this... but if the Gmen are 5 -12 and a tire fire, I think he and Schoen are the sacrificial lambs...  But to your point not sure if BD pushed for Jones... 

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

He hasn't been able to in over 2 years.  And they've had 3 drafts to get players they want.

And if it's just heckling, Jones should consider himself lucky.  He can use some of the $108M he's made to stuff his ears...

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

He hasn't been able to in over 2 years.  And they've had 3 drafts to get players they want.

And if it's just heckling, Jones should consider himself lucky.  He can use some of the $108M he's made to stuff his ears...

They were competitive w DiVito at QB, to me, this is more players than coaching, BUT you do have to coach what you have, so is it all Jones or is the play calling just not suited to the players there?  I don’t have the answer, but it’s the question one has to answer to make a good choice.

2 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

As someone who used to work with juvenile delinquents in an alternative school setting who got swung on, shoved, and other forms of attacks.....and insulted weekly by students with criminal records.....all for about $55k a year......I have zero sympathy for this "hardship" Jones is going through. As someone who is friends with corrections officers, military members, police, etc.....Jones doesn't know the meaning of "I have it rough."

I will gladly walk through that line of insults if I had millions in the bank and could retire tomorrow being set up for life. He is getting paid very well to produce wins and good results. He isn't doing it. I've refused jobs I knew I wasnt qualified for despite the fact I would have gotten a higher salary. Some QBs walk away when they know it's over. Jones still wants the bag and should suffer the consequences of his poor play and choices. 

Bitter man but that was your career choice.

He chose sports and when his career is over he'll have many $$$ to comfort himself

34 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Who draws the line on what those consequences are? You are apparently OK with screaming obscenities and harassment as he leaves his workplace. 

I've had all of that from a 14 year old and his family and nobody cared. Certainly not bringing home what Danny is bringing home either and I had to face the same kid again the next day and for the rest of the year.

That wasn't nearly as nasty as what I was expecting to see.

5 minutes ago, Talleywhacker said:

Bitter man but that was your career choice.

He chose sports and when his career is over he'll have many $$$ to comfort himself

Yep, and Jones chose to play in the NFL, which comes with heckling and other forms of legal harassment from fans for poor play (nothing the fans said was out of line nor illegal - if fans start burning messages on his lawn or physically threatening him or sending death threats, then I will have a problem but until it crosses an illegal line, nope). Imagine if Jones was playing in Philly.........He got off easy.......

42 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Edited by ProcessImproverMan

While not condoning the behavior, I think this was some pretty low level heckling.  "Give me a million" and some light boos.  I think Jones will be survive.  I was expecting death threats or something.  

Edited by JimmyNoodles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

As someone who used to work with juvenile delinquents in an alternative school setting who got swung on, shoved, and other forms of attacks.....and insulted weekly by students with criminal records.....all for about $55k a year......I have zero sympathy for this "hardship" Jones is going through. As someone who is friends with corrections officers, military members, police, etc.....Jones doesn't know the meaning of "I have it rough."

I will gladly walk through that line of insults if I had millions in the bank and could retire tomorrow being set up for life. He is getting paid very well to produce wins and good results. He isn't doing it. I've refused jobs I knew I wasnt qualified for despite the fact I would have gotten a higher salary. Some QBs walk away when they know it's over. Jones still wants the bag and should suffer the consequences of his poor play and choices. 

And those police officers, correction officers, etc don’t know what it’s like living in war zones like Mexican cartel territories where innocents are getting beheaded or the Gaza Strip where people’s children are being blown to pieces. My point is somebody always has it worse than another, but that doesn’t make their situation any less important. Your hell might be different than somebody else’s. Daniel Jones dedicated his life to the game and I’m sure he’s just as aware of his failures as those so-called “fans.” Take your criticisms to a message board or twitter. I doubt he’s failing because of lack of commitment or laziness like Jamarcus Russell. He’s just not good enough. Sometimes it happens. More players drafted end up busting than the ones who don’t, should I go to their front door and tell them they suck? Actually, I would respect these cowards more if they said it to his face than behind a barrier. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1