Daniel Jones leaving the stadium to intense heckling

SCBills

Reminds me of June 14, 1987. Mets-Phillies game. Keith Hernandez made a crucial error that cost the Mets the game. 

On the way out of the stadium, Hernandez was being heckled by these two guys and he finally lost it!

Rumor has it that he ( or another person) spat at the two hecklers and hit the one dorky heckler in the head!

These are the serious consequences that can occur when you harass a professional athlete after a game,  people!!

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

As someone who used to work with juvenile delinquents in an alternative school setting who got swung on, shoved, and other forms of attacks.....and insulted weekly by students with criminal records.....all for about $55k a year......I have zero sympathy for this "hardship" Jones is going through. As someone who is friends with corrections officers, military members, police, etc.....Jones doesn't know the meaning of "I have it rough."

I will gladly walk through that line of insults if I had millions in the bank and could retire tomorrow being set up for life. He is getting paid very well to produce wins and good results. He isn't doing it. I've refused jobs I knew I wasnt qualified for despite the fact I would have gotten a higher salary. Some QBs walk away when they know it's over. Jones still wants the bag and should suffer the consequences of his poor play and choices. 

I'm not with you on the not going for jobs you "aren't qualified for" because unless it's some kind of actual safety/harm to people thing (if it is, then kudos to you) we all have to stretch into things to get better, but o/w this post just hits the nail on the head.

The grown men heckling outside the stadium are sad and obv not classy, but so what?  it's not materially less sad to stand around and clap for the guys when they are winning (it's way classier tho).  the whole point of being a fan is to live vicariously and get a little stupid and crazy.  fan is short for fanatic after all.

i live in NJ and know tons of giants fans (some jets too, yuck lol).  so many have seasons tickets, work hard and have done well in life and really live the work hard play hard mantra.  they go to the games and lose their minds regularly.  going into the meadowlands is horrible.  traffic sucks, its super expensive, it's gross, and if you care about the team it hurts to watch them just absolutely suck like they do.

I'm not defending these people really, but this is just they way it is, and you don't sell 80k tickets in NJ at high high prices and gouge for parking and drinks and food and merch without these people.  and getting 9 flipping figures to play bloody football comes with all kinds of stuff, and being torn down by the fans of your team when you flat out suck is one of those things.

i care enough about my team (who doesn't even care if i live or die) to post on this board since the day it was started and i care enough to get upset when they play badly at times in a game they end up winning, so i can't really look down my nose at people who do what these giants fans did, as classless as it is.

26 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

As someone who used to work with juvenile delinquents in an alternative school setting who got swung on, shoved, and other forms of attacks.....and insulted weekly by students with criminal records.....all for about $55k a year......I have zero sympathy for this "hardship" Jones is going through. As someone who is friends with corrections officers, military members, police, etc.....Jones doesn't know the meaning of "I have it rough."

I will gladly walk through that line of insults if I had millions in the bank and could retire tomorrow being set up for life. He is getting paid very well to produce wins and good results. He isn't doing it. I've refused jobs I knew I wasnt qualified for despite the fact I would have gotten a higher salary. Some QBs walk away when they know it's over. Jones still wants the bag and should suffer the consequences of his poor play and choices. 

While I think it's fair for you to say "Jones doesn't have it anywhere close to cops/military/etc.", that distinction doesn't omit the insufferable treatment from fans who have no life and have nothing better to do than crap on their QBs.  This isn't a situation where Jones wants to play poorly.  He does, he is terrible.  However, he isn't the only issue with that team - they are bad EVERYWHERE.

People shouldn't boo others after the fact regardless of circumstances.  We are all too comfortable with people acting like idiots in a group mob towards a player.

While I too would be ok walking through that line of insults, I dont wish it on anyone.

5 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Reminds me of June 14, 1987. Mets-Phillies game. Keith Hernandez made a crucial error that cost the Mets the game. 

On the way out of the stadium, Hernandez was being heckled by these two guys and he finally lost it!

Rumor has it that he ( or another person) spat at the two hecklers and hit the one dorky heckler in the head!

These are the serious consequences that can occur when you harass a professional athlete after a game,  people!!

To be fair Hernandez did ruin their day

• Haha (+1) 1

Sorry to say, but that is what comes with playing with the Jets or Giants. It doesn't make it right, but those fans will not endure any kind of drought especially when it looks like the Jets will be good. Sports fandom in the Tri-State area is a combat sport and these guys are taking shots from Jets fans left and right. 

3 minutes ago, JP51 said:

Brian Daboll will be on the market after this season I think. 

This is why when Coordinators get opportunity to get head coaching jobs they need to carefully consider it - is organization including ownership and players you inherit able to support your goals?  Are there good coaches you are able to hire available?   In Coach McD there were serious flaws but they had ownership willing to take the pains you planned on taking and an assistant GM who was always the bride maid and never the bride who you could work with.  Unfortunately Giants doubled down with Jones after a good season and it was not a good bet.

Barkley is a good RB but only when you respect the QB and not stack the box.

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Sorry to say, but that is what comes with playing with the Jets or Giants. It doesn't make it right, but those fans will not endure any kind of drought especially when it looks like the Jets will be good. Sports fandom in the Tri-State area is a combat sport and these guys are taking shots from Jets fans left and right. 

So glad both teams are part of NJ now - only if NYC  and suburbs were part of it.

10 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Um, hello, this isn't true.  It was a Seinfeld episode! 🙄

😆

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t condone it, but why is he walking through a line of fans to get to his car?  You’d think their PR department would be smart enough to avoid this situation.  Did Daboll and Schoen have to do this Walk of Shame too?  

I was thinking that too. Why is this even a thing where players walk through this after the game? 

You’re always going to have some nutjob fans unfortunately but why even put him in this situation? 

low class clowns.   always been,  always will be.   once that jersey comes off,  this garbage shouldnt happen.   you want to boo him in the stadium,  you paid for that right,  outside,  get a friggen life.   "fans" just hanging around to be sh-tty to another person.  trashcans.

sadly this is our current world,  where its ok to be ignorant slobs that cant be shamed,  cuz,  freedoms

Edited by bigduke6

Garbage fans.

If they want to heckle someone or make a point, they should be boycotting the games and telling the mara family to go stick it.  They were a championship organization when Tom Coughlin was there and then he had a few down years as the roster changed and Mara jumped the gun and fired him prematurely.  Coughlin I think still does not talk to anyone at the Giants and rightfully so.  

Everything that has happened has been squarely on John Mara for being a half in half out owner.  He doesn't want to butt in but he does just enough and then he sits back and watches people who make bad decisions turn them into terrible decisions in the times he should be stepping in and questioning things.

Doesn't seem like they have an easy win to fix the problems anytime soon unless they win some games.

37 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t condone it, but why is he walking through a line of fans to get to his car?  You’d think their PR department would be smart enough to avoid this situation.  Did Daboll and Schoen have to do this Walk of Shame too?  

If you've never been to a game at Metlife, you can't understand how assinine the layout is.  We tailgate within a few hundred yards of the stadium and have to walk about 3 miles to get there.  It is like an Ikea.  A maze of roads and passageways that make zero sense.

well, this is what he signed up for.  Since those two morons handed him that contract, he has MORE PICK 6'S THAN TD PASSES!

some of these irate fans likely got sucked out of thousands of dollars for PSLs to watch this bum stink the place up year after year (when not injured).  they razzed him asking for "a million".  come on....same stuff he hears from tens of thousands all game.  

Who didn't see this coming?--hiring Daboll and Shoen was a predictable disaster--two bums. lol  Giants. 

• Agree 1