Sunday Ticket Case- Update

BobbyC81

So, the decision of the jury trial on the NFL Sunday Ticket case was overturned by a Judge Gutierrez.  My first thoughts were “wait a minute.  Something is fishy here.”

Now, the plaintiffs have filed an appeal and it is expected that it will be a round of appeals before anything is ever decided.  However, it won’t involve Judge Gutierrez because he’s retiring.

Now 2 plus 2 doesn’t equal 4 (or does it?).   So, the greedy slimey billionaire NFL owners have the verdict overturned by a judge, who’s now retiring?  Must’ve been a good payoff for the judge.  (I’m just sayin’.  Youse can believe what youse want)

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

So, the decision of the jury trial on the NFL Sunday Ticket case was overturned by a Judge Gutierrez.  My first thoughts were “wait a minute.  Something is fishy here.”

Now, the plaintiffs have filed an appeal and it is expected that it will be a round of appeals before anything is ever decided.  However, it won’t involve Judge Gutierrez because he’s retiring.

Now 2 plus 2 doesn’t equal 4 (or does it?).   So, the greedy slimey billionaire NFL owners have the verdict overturned by a judge, who’s now retiring?  Must’ve been a good payoff for the judge.  (I’m just sayin’.  Youse can believe what youse want)

It could be viewed as "suspicious".

If they appeal, why would it go back to the same judge? Seems like any time you appeal it should go over the judge's head to the next higher court.

11 minutes ago, CSBill said:

It's only a coincidence that Judge Gutierrez recently bought a $3 million home, all cash, on a secluded beach in South Florida. Don't read anything into that. 🤪

Sounds like how so many former high level FDA employees get cushy, high paying jobs with Big Pharma companies soon after they approve new drugs for that company.

No coincidence with that tho right?

Edited by Big Turk