McDermott locker room post game speech

Alphadawg7

Was interesting McD said in his presser until Smoot went down Ingram was not going to be up. Wonder how that worked out. I doubt it is as simple as Smoot out, Ingram in, because that would have been 6 defensive ends up and only 8 DBs. So it likely came down to STs balance and I wonder if that meant that Ingram as another corner was preferred over Bishop as an extra safety. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Was interesting McD said in his presser until Smoot went down Ingram was not going to be up. Wonder how that worked out. I doubt it is as simple as Smoot out, Ingram in, because that would have been 6 defensive ends up and only 8 DBs. So it likely came down to STs balance and I wonder if that meant that Ingram as another corner was preferred over Bishop as an extra safety. 

Makes sense from an experience standpoint. Bishop might have done fine, but so did Ingram, so good call even in retrospect. 

Didn't watch but I'm guessing it was along the lines of the usual awkward "Hell of a win man. Hell of a win. What do we say man? All three phases. All three phases. But that's one. Just one. We gotta keep going. Humble and hungry man. Humble. And hungry. All glory to God, man."

I wonder how many of the 53 are cringing and/or holding in their laughter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Didn't watch but I'm guessing it was along the lines of the usual awkward "Hell of a win man. Hell of a win. What do we say man? All three phases. All three phases. But that's one. Just one. We gotta keep going. Humble and hungry man. Humble. And hungry. All glory to God, man."

I would bet all 53 are happy they won and aren't bitter cry babies.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 6

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Yes, with 17 games/year, sometimes the post-game speeches sound a bit repetitive. But 2 or 3 times a year, McD's post-game speeches actually make me tear up a bit. And this was one of them.

This speech is also another reason why I love McD as a coach. I like how he cares for his players and how he motivates his players. To call a kid, who just weeks ago was fighting just to make the team, up in front of the team after week 1 as an example for all of them is awesome. And you want to talk about humble and hungry? Look at Ja'Marcus Ingram's face as McD is talking. That was big for him. I could hear him talking to his folks about it later that night and how excited and proud they would be, etc.*

People may joke about the family-aspect to the team, or Beane and McD wanting all choir boys, etc. But for me at least, it makes the team more enjoyable to root for. And I don't think the players are cringing, or holding back laughter. I think this team is still fully on board with McD's style and message.

*Edit: I just learned from Ja'Marcus's interview that his dad passed away. Makes that moment even more tender.

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

You are projecting your own hate and bias onto others. The players have always rallied behind McDermott. They have always played hard for him. He has always been adept at motivating the team.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, folz said:

Yes, with 17 games/year, sometimes the post-game speeches sound a bit repetitive. But 2 or 3 times a year, McD's post-game speeches actually make me tear up a bit. And this was one of them.

This speech is also another reason why I love McD as a coach. I like how he cares for his players and how he motivates his players. To call a kid, who just weeks ago was fighting just to make the team, up in front of the team after week 1 as an example for all of them is awesome. And you want to talk about humble and hungry? Look at Ja'Marcus Ingram's face as McD is talking. That was big for him. I could hear him talking to his folks about it later that night and how excited and proud they would be, etc.

People may joke about the family-aspect to the team, or Beane and McD wanting all choir boys, etc. But for me at least, it makes the team more enjoyable to root for. And I don't think the players are cringing, or holding back laughter. I think this team is still fully on board with McD's style and message.

Amen To That Preach GIF by Shalita Grant

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

curious how many of TBD are cringing at this weak attempt to criticize McDermott 😂

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, folz said:

This speech is also another reason why I love McD as a coach. I like how he cares for his players and how he motivates his players. To call a kid, who just weeks ago was fighting just to make the team, up in front of the team after week 1 as an example for all of them is awesome. And you want to talk about humble and hungry? Look at Ja'Marcus Ingram's face as McD is talking. That was big for him. I could hear him talking to his folks about it later that night and how excited and proud they would be, etc.*

*Edit: I just learned from Ja'Marcus's interview that his dad passed away. Makes that moment even more tender.

I agree with everything you just said.  As someone who played competitive sports a long time ago and went into sales for a living, my life experience tells me exactly what you said.

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

curious how many of TBD are cringing at this weak attempt to criticize McDermott 😂

Most of us. a few trolls may try to prop this troll up. But they are wrong

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You sound fun at parties

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Please do enlighten us as to the exact reason you found a need to post that drivel in this thread.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, QB Bills said:

I've never seen a 100% ratio before 

Congrats, dude 👍😃👍

5 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.