Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

Something to keep an eye on.

Tom Pelissero on X: "The #Dolphins listed RBs De'Von Achane (ankle) and Raheem Mostert (chest) as DNP on their estimated injury report today. They face the #Bills on Thursday night." / X

• Like (+1) 5

19 hours ago, balln said:

I’m guessing. If no instability - which I’d assume is the case - cuz if he did - he’d be out for year. Otherwise 6 weeks- and prob looking to see if they can brace / cast it up and play earlier. 

Could it be nerve issues also from the impact? Compartment fracture? 

6 minutes ago, noacls said:

Could it be nerve issues also from the impact? Compartment fracture? 

Doubtful. Not sure what compartment fracture is. Compartment syndrome is emergency surgery within hours

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Cambell and Phillips seemed to be all over the place in the Jax game.  Campbell wrecked the opening drive by himself.

Who was Campbell going at on the Jags OL?  It seems, money aside, the Bills did want to get stronger on the interior against power rushers.. leading to the release of Morse and moving McGovern to Center. 

This is a pretty huge early season game, especially from Miami's standpoint.

If they drop their home game to the Bills and fall a game back, and have to travel to Buffalo later, that puts them in a bad spot for the division.  Plus, that would be pretty crushing mentally I would think.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Based on McDermott's press conference it doesn't seem like there is much concern with Josh. 

Taron definitely sounds like he will be out for a bit. Potentially trying to decide if he can play with a club before putting him on IR?

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Based on McDermott's press conference it doesn't seem like there is much concern with Josh. 

Taron definitely sounds like he will be out for a bit. Potentially trying to decide if he can play with a club before putting him on IR?

Yes tbh - is taron w a club better than cam healthy ? W a risk of worsening injury to taron? Tbh I love cam at nickel - dislike him at safety. Cam is a willing aggressive tackler, and quick enough to cover - he’ll get posterized by the big slot. But just roll w cam. We need BETTER safeties !

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Who was Campbell going at on the Jags OL?  It seems, money aside, the Bills did want to get stronger on the interior against power rushers.. leading to the release of Morse and moving McGovern to Center. 

campbell is going to be lined up across from torrance thursday night.

• Sad 1

I know Miami is the chic pick, but their O got handled pretty well by the Jax D.

The Fish had 11 drives in the game and only one real TD drive.  They hit on one long play for the 2nd TD.  They had 4 punts in the game, failed on 4th down twice and missed a FG.  They made two field goals otherwise.  Outside of the Hill play,  they had 2 sustain drives of 70 yards plus.  All the other drives were all 40 yards or less.

Compare to the Bills.  We had 6 scoring drives in our 9 possessions including 4 TDs.  We also had two sustained drives of 70+, but also scoring drives of 51 and 60.  

Miami has a boom or bust offense.  If their RBs are out, the Bills can attack more like they did in the 2nd half on Sunday and fortunately for the Bills, we have Benford and Douglas at CB.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, syhuang said:

There was so much talk of Samuel's turf toe, wondering if Smoot's toe is turf toe as well.  Kinda an under the radar big deal to have him out - he was getting a lot of love in the preseason and sounded like they expected good things from him.  Instead we get Toohill in the rotation again...

• Angry 1

12 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

It's amazing that the audio quality in these is still so horrendous. It shouldn't be that hard to get stereo sound and audible questions without cranking the volume up 1000%

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I know Miami is the chic pick, but their O got handled pretty well by the Jax D.

The Fish had 11 drives in the game and only one real TD drive.  They hit on one long play for the 2nd TD.  They had 4 punts in the game, failed on 4th down twice and missed a FG.  They made two field goals otherwise.  Outside of the Hill play,  they had 2 sustain drives of 70 yards plus.  All the other drives were all 40 yards or less.

Compare to the Bills.  We had 6 scoring drives in our 9 possessions including 4 TDs.  We also had two sustained drives of 70+, but also scoring drives of 51 and 60.  

Miami has a boom or bust offense.  If their RBs are out, the Bills can attack more like they did in the 2nd half on Sunday and fortunately for the Bills, we have Benford and Douglas at CB.  

I think this is gonna come down to who puts it in the end zone and who is forced to kick FGs. I think both teams are gonna move the ball and score. Punts will be few and far between. If we can force FG and limit TDs better than Miami we win ... if not vice versa. But I just dont see stifiling D in this game.   

Edited by JP51
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Something to keep an eye on.

Tom Pelissero on X: "The #Dolphins listed RBs De'Von Achane (ankle) and Raheem Mostert (chest) as DNP on their estimated injury report today. They face the #Bills on Thursday night." / X

that would be amazing if they were both out, but I’m guessing they play