Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

43 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Miami is going to score 40 IMO.   

We don't have the Safeties to disguise coverage or delay Tua's reads.   

Hill and Waddle are going to run wild against Rapp and Hamlin

The only thing that will help is another great game from Rousseau and Von 

They will be fine.  Go back and look at who was in the secondary during the heat game and then look at Tua's numbers.

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Haven’t seen replay. But I thought he came down on it to brace fall 

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Can edwards and bishop play !?

Rapp is far better than JaQuan Johnson was and Hamlin is still Hamlin although a lot better than back then when he took some of the worst run angles I have ever seen from a safety.

Couple that with the CB's being Kair Elam(every snap) and Ja'Marcus Ingram(more than half the snaps) and our CB play is also far better.  It was Ingram's first call up from the PS as a rookie 

Edited by Big Turk

7 hours ago, chris heff said:

It is still hot and humid down here. Obviously no sun for the game, but hot.

Forcast right now for Thurs gametime is mid-80s, chance of rain

12 minutes ago, syhuang said:

One thing to note is that the DNP tag is just an estimation since Dolphins didn't practice today.

Josh Allen estimated as "full", so that's good news

Taron Johnson DNP though

7 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

This kind of thing with our new safeties scares me to death.  Jax has everyone covered pretty well here and the wife beater just outruns everyone. 

Star players are going to make star plays.  Its hard to shut out a star for an entire game. They are going to make plays.  We just need to make more of them than they do.

• Agree 1

pass-chart_TAG620344_2024-REG-1_17258277

Looks like dolphins are mostly relying on hitting quick plays and racking up a lot of YAC.  Most of Tuas passes were around the LoS. Also looks like Tua prefers the right side of the field for deeper throws.  This D will need to be better at getting to the ball and making the tackle this week.

I dont think anything changes from last year. Get Tua off his first read and disrupt the timing.  Thats what gets Tua in trouble.  Dont allow those quick LoS passes get anywhere.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Did anyone have a chance to see a lot of the dolphin game? How did they look with new D coordinator? How was their online? Not going to ask about their speed or WRs. I did see they had a huge turnover (RB Etienne) at their goaliine. Looked like the jags were about to score and go up by two scores. Sounds like they were very fortunate to win the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, boater said:

There are two viewing options for most WNY residents:

-- Amazon Prime streaming (most people I know are Prime)

-- ABC-WKBW broadcast

What will the differences be between broadcast and streaming? I imagine the only diff will be local commercials on WKBW and national commercials on Amazon, everything else will be the same.

I really like the Amazon Prime streams. They have cool features like live stats that you can overlay on the game.

22 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

pass-chart_TAG620344_2024-REG-1_17258277

Looks like dolphins are mostly relying on hitting quick plays and racking up a lot of YAC.  Most of Tuas passes were around the LoS. Also looks like Tua prefers the right side of the field for deeper throws.  This D will need to be better at getting to the ball and making the tackle this week.

I dont think anything changes from last year. Get Tua off his first read and disrupt the timing.  Thats what gets Tua in trouble.  Dont allow those quick LoS passes get anywhere.

Standard MO for them

• Agree 1

I Think I am most concerned about Torrance. 

Left Side for the Fish has Calais Campbell and Jaelen Phillips.

Torrance graded out as the worst guard in the league vs. Arizona.

Do they Run a lot of 12 and/or use a 6th lineman like they did vs. Arizona.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Miami is going to score 40 IMO.   

We don't have the Safeties to disguise coverage or delay Tua's reads.   

Hill and Waddle are going to run wild against Rapp and Hamlin

The only thing that will help is another great game from Rousseau and Von 

Bills will score 50. 

7 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Right but last year the first time we had milano, tre, poyer, hyde in the back seven.  this time none of them will be there nor will taron johnson.  

The bills would have lost in december last year had they not gotten a kick return for TD.  Both teams were banged up that night but it was basically very much like the cardinals game yesterday, The bills did what they had to do and made a defensive stop (interception) to win the game.

Actually this isn't correct.  Poyer was out, and we had Rapp and Hyde as the safeties.  Yes, we had Tre, who was injured about 2/3 of the way through the game, but he was paired with Dane Jackson.  IMHO Douglas/Benford is a better pairing than White/Jackson and certainly than Benford/Jackson.

We did have Bernard and Milano as our LBs though and Taron Johnson as our nickel

On the other hand, in the close, we-shoulda-won-it 2022 "Heat Stroke" game, we had Jaquan Johnson and Damar Hamlin at safety, Tim Settle and Brandon Bryant at 1TDT, and Kaiir Elam with Benford then Ingram at CB

• Like (+1) 2