Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Currently the weather is showing rain in the afternoon all the way until game time.

Clouds with rain should cool the stadium down vs having it blazing sun all afternoon.

Game time temperature of 84 degrees.

Hot and muggy no doubt but the players should be okay.

yeah I’m not worried about the conditions at all.  

Unlike the daytime games at HRS where the visiting team gets to bake in the hot sun, both teams will actually, truly have the same conditions.

3 hours ago, Success said:

I felt like the safety unit was the weakest on the team yesterday.

Have they said anything about Bishop?  Is there any chance of him starting?

I don’t know his condition, I would have liked to see him get a couple of plays yesterday .

24 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Sounds like something relatively serious...tendon/ligament related?

Has to be a DRUJ / IOM injury. Basically a high ankle sprain equivalent of the wrist forearm. That’s literally the only injury in forearm aside from fracture -which this isn’t a fracture. Would be immediately apparent on X-rays 

Just now, balln said:

Has to be a DRUJ / IOM injury. Basically a high ankle sprain equivalent of the wrist forearm. That’s literally the only injury in forearm aside from fracture -which this isn’t a fracture. Would be immediately apparent on X-rays 

what's the timeline on something like that?

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Miami is going to score 40 IMO.   

We don't have the Safeties to disguise coverage or delay Tua's reads.   

Hill and Waddle are going to run wild against Rapp and Hamlin

The only thing that will help is another great game from Rousseau and Von 

If you remember the 2022 heat game, our starters were Hamlin and Jaquan Johnson so maybe there's hope. I believe Hill and Waddle both played that game. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

They must be trying to get the Thigh Doctor's email

Edited by stevewin
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Miami is going to score 40 IMO.   

We don't have the Safeties to disguise coverage or delay Tua's reads.   

Hill and Waddle are going to run wild against Rapp and Hamlin

The only thing that will help is another great game from Rousseau and Von 

We didn't have both starting safeties two years ago and other than the one long pass to Waddle late in the game, their O didn't do jack all day. I'm more worried about the loss of Taron going into this game. That and Williams needs to get a clue at LB position next to Bernard. 

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

what's the timeline on something like that?

I’m guessing. If no instability - which I’d assume is the case - cuz if he did - he’d be out for year. Otherwise 6 weeks- and prob looking to see if they can brace / cast it up and play earlier. 

1 minute ago, balln said:

I’m guessing. If no instability - which I’d assume is the case - cuz if he did - he’d be out for year. Otherwise 6 weeks- and prob looking to see if they can brace / cast it up and play earlier. 

F***ing Taylor Rapp...him and that flying missile tackle that tends to injure his own teammates routinely.

Josh's left hand seems to be good (although it's probably not).  This reminds me of the episode of The Simpsons where Homer drives over the (field goal) kicker only to learn that the kicker studied communications in college.  The leg is reattached only to have the kicker attempt a kick -- the leg flies off during the kick -- and the kick was good!  Therefore, I will be watching for a tipped pass where Josh's left hand flies off -- and leads to a completion for a TD.

Gotta have (darkly funny) hope for a season, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, bills742 said:

If you remember the 2022 heat game, our starters were Hamlin and Jaquan Johnson so maybe there's hope. I believe Hill and Waddle both played that game. 

They both did, and yet the Bills still outgained Miami like 450 to 220 with Allen missing a wide open McKenzie for the game winner. The Bills flat out dominated the Dolphins in that one, so let's see what happens. I'm more worried about the historical trend of road teams being at a disadvantage on Thursday night games.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Big Turk said:

F***ing Taylor Rapp...him and that flying missile tackle that tends to injure his own teammates routinely.

Haven’t seen replay. But I thought he came down on it to brace fall