Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Currently the weather is showing rain in the afternoon all the way until game time.

Clouds with rain should cool the stadium down vs having it blazing sun all afternoon.

Game time temperature of 84 degrees.

Hot and muggy no doubt but the players should be okay.

Still a little too early in the week to have a reliable gametime forecast.  Would wait until 24 hours prior to the game for more certainty...we were supposed to have rain during the game yesterday as of Wednesday last week.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Still a little too early in the week to have a reliable gametime forecast.  Would wait until 24 hours prior to the game for more certainty...we were supposed to have rain during the game yesterday as of Wednesday last week.

True, but I did live down there for 4 years.  It's looking like this week has a good chance of afternoon showers (monsoon season).

That cools thing down.  That's my hope.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

True, but I did live down there for 4 years.  It's looking like this week has a good chance of afternoon showers (monsoon season).

That cools thing down.  That's my hope.

Basically the forecast is pretty much the same all the time this time of year...highs in the upper 80s, lows in the upper 70s, humid as hell, only difference will be if it rains or not 😂

What saves the Bills is not having to deal with the sun during the daytime wearing their dark uniforms, that's what really got them last year

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

There's a forecast of rain almost every day here. It will probably rain. Any guesses as to when at that particular location are worthless right now.

Rain in Florida is like snow in Buffalo...except they get far more rain than we get snow...gotta keep the gators happy 😂

Edited by Big Turk

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Bills need to be prepared for screen passes. Dolphins ran a lot week 1. Forunately they don't have a great slot receiver.

The Dolphins are actually very simplistic offensively they’re just faster than everyone. Your gonna get screens, crossers, and wheel routes and their going to try and out run you and make you tackle them 

21 minutes ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Has anyone made any comments at all about allen's hand after he said "I'm fine"?

Nothing...waiting on McD presser today...

Bills did post a video titled "Everyone at work today" around noon that showed Allen running out of the tunnel to practice and giving the thumbs up with "Go Bills" so I am assuming he is fine.

Was trying to freeze frame it to check the hand on the left arm swinging but that kid in the grey sweatshirt was too close so you can't get a good visual 😂

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Love that we are underdogs.

The DL is going to be key - they weren't able to just tee off against Murray having to worry about contain - against Tua everyone can go full bore after him - and take some pressure off the back end.  Every time we play Tua I always think about his rookie year when they kept bringing blitzes from everywhere and I thought they literally might kill him.  

On a short week I doubt they roll out Edwards or Bishop yet - so think we'll have to survive with Rapp/Hamlin for another week.  Hoping Rapp doesn't take out any Bills starters.

The media coverage of the Tyreek thing is insane - on the morning shows so many were basically praising him for being able to run and catch after "what he went through"

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Ha!

Miami has the better roster right now and they are at home.  The Bills are finding out who they are and what they will be this year.  Its going to take some time.  If they don't have Johnson Thursday and Allen has an issue with that left hand imo, winning this game would be a huge steal.

Essentially to me if Miami can't beat Buffalo Thursday they have a major mental block.  They have built their roster and spent a ton of money to win this game specifically and then win postseason games.  

Hopefully the Bills run them over and the defensive line plays great.  I am really hoping solomon can play but I know on a short week there is probably zero chance.

I'm not even sure about that. Yes, the Dolphins have better WRs but their Oline was shaky last year and looks weaker this year. They lost a lot of defensive players and are doing the same shuffle as the Bills.

Now, they can win playing at home on  short week with the Bills banged up. But if the Cardinals offense is the one the Bills have the toughest stylistically the Dolphins are what the Bills are made to squish 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Currently the weather is showing rain in the afternoon all the way until game time.

Clouds with rain should cool the stadium down vs having it blazing sun all afternoon.

Game time temperature of 84 degrees.

Hot and muggy no doubt but the players should be okay.

Exactly.  And the most important thing about playing the game at night?  No sun beating down on the players!!  Yes, it will still be hot and humid, but not nearly as bad as it would be during day light hours. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Exactly.  And the most important thing about playing the game at night?  No sun beating down on the players!!  Yes, it will still be hot and humid, but not nearly as bad as it would be during day light hours. 

And its the same for both teams.

58 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Bills did post a video titled "Everyone at work today" around noon that showed Allen running out of the tunnel to practice and giving the thumbs up with "Go Bills" so I am assuming he is fine.

Was trying to freeze frame it to check the hand on the left arm swinging but that kid in the grey sweatshirt was too close so you can't get a good visual 😂

ha! Show me that left hand!!! 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

This is from yesterday.  They meant it as how the fans are at work today.   This isn't their practice jerseys 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm not even sure about that. Yes, the Dolphins have better WRs but their Oline was shaky last year and looks weaker this year. They lost a lot of defensive players and are doing the same shuffle as the Bills.

Now, they can win playing at home on  short week with the Bills banged up. But if the Cardinals offense is the one the Bills have the toughest stylistically the Dolphins are what the Bills are made to squish 

Are the Dolphins not banged up too??  Waddle with a concussion, Aichain with a Hamstring