Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

Just now, mannc said:

Then why was the line Miami -1.5 last night at 10:00?

Two good teams Miami at home on a short week was given a slight edge.  Buffalo would be a slight favorite on a neutral sight and 3 point favorite at home.  Rule of thumb 2.5 points to the home team. 

7 hours ago, Neo said:

Roll Call!    Who’s going?

I’ll be there with MrsNeo and one NeoEtte.   Joining my sister and brother-in-law down from Buffalo.  Joining some local friends who are life long Dolphin fans and restaurant servers who are very good to us.  Staying in Lauderdale at the Marriott.

Fresh swag.   Represent!

I’ll be there. Think we’re in one of the corners up top. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Two good teams Miami at home on a short week was given a slight edge.  Buffalo would be a slight favorite on a neutral sight and 3 point favorite at home.  Rule of thumb 2.5 points to the home team. 

You didn’t answer my question…why would the line move a full point this morning?

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

You didn’t answer my question…why would the line move a full point this morning?

A full point the morning after the line opens, likely is just sheer betting volume

Any new injury would be more change or news would have leaked by now

In other news I expect Jackson or cline to be pulled up from the practice squad for this game 

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

In my mind there is no doubt the Bills are the better of these two teams but I am not feeling good about this game. Hope I’m wrong.

The Bills have Allen and Rousseau, the Dolphins have Hill. No other player on either team is a difference maker, at least not on a consistent basis. 

So the Bills are better. In fact, they'd be better even if Rousseau were JAG. That's how good Allen is. He could take the Chicago Bears to the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

A full point the morning after the line opens, likely is just sheer betting volume

Any new injury would be more change or news would have leaked by now

The line had been Dolphins -1.5 for a while, including after the conclusion of the Bills and Dolphins games yesterday.  There was nothing about the two teams' games yesterday that would have moved the spread, other than a possible injury to Josh Allen's hand.   

Just now, mannc said:

The line had been Dolphins -1.5 for a while, including after the conclusion of the Bills and Dolphins games yesterday.  There was nothing about the two teams' games yesterday that would have moved the spread, other than a possible injury to Josh Allen's hand.   

Betting volume, dollars and amount of bets on a team move the line 

• Agree 1

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Betting volume, dollars and amount of bets on a team move the line 

Yes, I understand how it works.  The question is, why is money moving toward the Phins?

13 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I hope Tyreek gets arrested again.

Rasul and Benford to put the cuffs on him😎

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

This kind of thing with our new safeties scares me to death.  Jax has everyone covered pretty well here and the wife beater just outruns everyone. 

Hamlin angles to the ball is what scares me. Hoping Mike Edwards is up to speed this week 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, mannc said:

Preseason perception.  If you have the Bills missing the playoffs you think they lose this game.  If you have Miami winning the division you have Miami winning this week.  National perception is still in Miamis favor.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

The Bills' secondary was fine yesterday.  What did Murray throw for, 150 yards?  That's not moving the line.  I would guess that Vegas was looking for some sort of "he'll be fine" announcement from the Bills this morning, and it hasn't happened.  Obviously, that's a lot different than "Josh is out", which of course would cause the line to move drastically. 

Luckily Murray didn't see Harrison wide open 

46 minutes ago, Success said:

I felt like the safety unit was the weakest on the team yesterday.

Have they said anything about Bishop?  Is there any chance of him starting?

Or Mike Edwards!! I'll take his experience over Bishop. Especially playing against Hill/Waddle 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, finn said:

The Bills have Allen and Rousseau, the Dolphins have Hill. No other player on either team is a difference maker, at least not on a consistent basis. 

So the Bills are better. In fact, they'd be better even if Rousseau were JAG. That's how good Allen is. He could take the Chicago Bears to the playoffs. 

Like I said, I have no doubt the Bills are the better tram.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Luckily Murray didn't see Harrison wide open 

He was but wasnt.  Based off the blitz Murray was going short then moved away from the blitz and Harrison.  Defenders reacted to Murray which made Harrison more open than ways.  

Currently the weather is showing rain in the afternoon all the way until game time.

Clouds with rain should cool the stadium down vs having it blazing sun all afternoon.

Game time temperature of 84 degrees.

Hot and muggy no doubt but the players should be okay.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1