Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

If the Bills can find a way to steal this one somehow man would that be a huge momentum boost because of what is coming on the schedule.

The bills had a first half problem stopping the run on the edge yesterday and it sort of killed them, in the second half they took care of it and it created favorable third downs for our defense.  Hopefully they come out of the gate sunday playing good defense against the run.  

probably going to take 31 or more points again this week to win.

My early thoughts:

No doubt the defense will have to play better to stop that speedy dangerous dolphin offense. 

Both teams really know each other well. I don't think there will be any major surprises here. 

Will the Bills safeties hold up vs the Dolphins weapons? Are they unlikely to get many sacks in Tua due to the quick first read offense of the dolphins? 

McD in the past has had some pretty good game plans to disrupt Tua and the Miami offense. Overall, the Bills defense has a daunting task at Miami. I'd be surprised if the Bills can keep them under 30 points. 

Josh Allen plays well vs Miami. I don't think they can stop him or even contain him. He should feast with all his weapons. Excited about the Bills offense. Seems like a variety of players can contribute and go off. They likely aren't overly dependent on one or two players. 

I see a shootout here. Turnovers and the referee calls could be the difference. I can see both coaches going for it a couple of times on 4th down. Execution in the redzone will be crucial too. Great division test and measuring stick early in the season. 

Go Bills. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2

Dolphins OL looks like it could be a legitimate weak link for them this year. 

I don't have a ton of faith in our LB's and Safeties, but I do have a lot of faith in our outside CB's and our DL. 

We saw what the DL looked like when we stopped slow rushing Kyler..  Tua is nowhere near as mobile and I'd tell Rousseau and Von to go out there and hunt Thursday Night.  Going to need our DL to hit Tua and disrupt his timing. 

On Offense, as long as Allen's left hand isn't a huge issue, I think this Offense looked fantastic against AZ and I'm pretty sure they left some stuff out of the game-plan that will be displayed on Thursday Night.  Namely more Kincaid & Samuel involvement & hopefully less predictable run plays. 

• Like (+1) 5

• Simon pinned this topic
4 minutes ago, mannc said:

The line has now moved to Dolphins -2.5...I'm wondering if that's because of concern about Allen's hand...  

I think it would move a lot more if there were Questions concerning Allen's health. My guess is that it's conformation that Johnson is out and the Bills secondary looked very shaky against the Cards.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think it would move a lot more if there were Questions concerning Allen's health. My guess is that it's conformation that Johnson is out and the Bills secondary looked very shaky against the Cards.

The Bills' secondary was fine yesterday.  What did Murray throw for, 150 yards?  That's not moving the line.  I would guess that Vegas was looking for some sort of "he'll be fine" announcement from the Bills this morning, and it hasn't happened.  Obviously, that's a lot different than "Josh is out", which of course would cause the line to move drastically. 

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

The Bills' secondary was fine yesterday.  What did Murray throw for, 150 yards?  That's not moving the line.  I would guess that Vegas was looking for some sort of "he'll be fine" announcement from the Bills this morning, and it hasn't happened.  Obviously, that's a lot different than "Josh is out", which of course would cause the line to move drastically. 

I'm not sure I would agree that the Bills secondary was fine yesterday, I would characterize them as a work in progress with some key pieces out.  In the first half they were pretty bad and had a very bad blown coverage on Harrison late.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Dolphins OL looks like it could be a legitimate weak link for them this year. 

I don't have a ton of faith in our LB's and Safeties, but I do have a lot of faith in our outside CB's and our DL. 

We saw what the DL looked like when we stopped slow rushing Kyler..  Tua is nowhere near as mobile and I'd tell Rousseau and Von to go out there and hunt Thursday Night.  Going to need our DL to hit Tua and disrupt his timing. 

On Offense, as long as Allen's left hand isn't a huge issue, I think this Offense looked fantastic against AZ and I'm pretty sure they left some stuff out of the game-plan that will be displayed on Thursday Night.  Namely more Kincaid & Samuel involvement & hopefully less predictable run plays. 

The Bills CBs are indeed solid but Hill and Waddle present much more of a problem than Arizona's pass catchers. Goes without saying. The Bills in the past have been pretty successful here. I hope to see more of this on Thursday. It's always scary though when I see Hill and Waddle line up. At any moment it's a big play waiting to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm not sure I would agree that the Bills secondary was fine yesterday, I would characterize them as a work in progress with some key pieces out.  In the first half they were pretty bad and had a very bad blown coverage on Harrison late.

Good grief, Johnson missed the entire game and Kyler Murray threw for 161 yards on 31 attempts...not exactly time to sound the alarm.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Good grief, Johnson missed the entire game and Kyler Murray threw for 161 yards on 31 attempts...not exactly time to sound the alarm.

Not sounding an alarm just noting why the line may have moved a point.  Like I said, some key pieces were out. As for Murray's stats I would give the Bills D line and the wind some credit to.

I think Miller is actually going to be clutch this game. He was winning his pass rush but Murray was just a hair too fast for him, we don't have that problem with Tua. I think he'll be a difference maker this week.

Bernard better be ready to lock down the middle. To me, that's the two keys to the game: Disruption of timing via edge pressure and locking down the middle of the field to prevent YAC.

Edited by Bruffalo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

The line has now moved to Dolphins -2.5...I'm wondering if that's because of concern about Allen's hand...  

Josh Allen is worth more than a point or 2.  Line would move to -6 or -7 plus without Allen.  Preseason perception is still king.  If you have the Bills missing the playoffs or Miami winning the division Buffalo loses this game. 

Just now, Mat68 said:

Josh Allen is worth more than a point or 2.  Line would move to -6 or -7 plus without Allen.  Preseason perception is still king.  If you have the Bills missing the playoffs or Miami winning the division Buffalo loses this game. 

I acknowledge that Allen moves the line way more than one point.  Obviously there has been no announcement. My thought was that the uncertainty about the hand could move the line a full point from where it was last night.  

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I acknowledge that Allen moves the line way more than one point.  Obviously there has been no announcement. My thought was that the uncertainty about the hand could move the line a full point from where it was last night.  

The hand would be a massive move and bet with someone with a tip.  The 1.0 is from the preseason thought Miami wins the division or Buffalo misses the playoffs.    

Everyone forgets when we lost that Heat game in 2022, our secondary for the majority of the game was…

Jaquan Johnson (100%)

Damar Hamlin (100%)

Kaiir Elam (100%)

Ja’Marcus Ingram (56%) 

On 8 possessions, they punted 4 times and had a 5th that resulted in a safety. Miami scored 21 points and 7 came off a Josh Allen fumble inside our own 10. 

5 Plays, 13 Yards PUNT

3 Plays, 6 Yards TD

9 Plays, 83 Yards TD

6 Plays, 22 Yards PUNT

4 Plays, 21 Yards PUNT

3 Plays, 8 Yards PUNT

6 Plays, 72 Yards TD

3 Plays, -1 Yards SAFETY 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The hand would be a massive move and bet with someone with a tip.  The 1.0 is from the preseason thought Miami wins the division or Buffalo misses the playoffs.    

Then why was the line Miami -1.5 last night at 10:00?

There are two viewing options for most WNY residents:

-- Amazon Prime streaming (most people I know are Prime)

-- ABC-WKBW broadcast

What will the differences be between broadcast and streaming? I imagine the only diff will be local commercials on WKBW and national commercials on Amazon, everything else will be the same.

• Thank you (+1) 1