Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

If the Bills can find a way to steal this one somehow man would that be a huge momentum boost because of what is coming on the schedule.

The bills had a first half problem stopping the run on the edge yesterday and it sort of killed them, in the second half they took care of it and it created favorable third downs for our defense.  Hopefully they come out of the gate sunday playing good defense against the run.  

probably going to take 31 or more points again this week to win.

How exactly would this be "stealing" a game when the Bills are 13-2 since Allen has been here against the Fins and the only 2 losses have been last second close losses where the Bills probably should have won?  

If anything, it would be the Dolphins stealing one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not saying it will happen, but i could see the Bills splitting with the Fins this year and this week getting the L.......we've beaten them the last 11 out of 12 times, the odds are saying we'll lose another one to them soon.

I could see the Fins taking this one and then beating their chests all season long claiming they are the elite of the AFCEast.....and then truly implode as the season rolls on, like they always do.

Nothing on that roster scares me, besides our suspect D trying to catch Hill.

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

So you are saying I should not make fun of the wife anymore for not understanding odds haha.. my bad.

But I stand by my statement. Defending AFC east champs. We aint stealing anything. We will show why we are and have been better for years. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nineforty said:

So you are saying I should not make fun of the wife anymore for not understanding odds haha.. my bad.

But I stand by my statement. Defending AFC east champs. We aint stealing anything. We will show why we are and have been better for years. 

Ha!

Miami has the better roster right now and they are at home.  The Bills are finding out who they are and what they will be this year.  Its going to take some time.  If they don't have Johnson Thursday and Allen has an issue with that left hand imo, winning this game would be a huge steal.

Essentially to me if Miami can't beat Buffalo Thursday they have a major mental block.  They have built their roster and spent a ton of money to win this game specifically and then win postseason games.  

Hopefully the Bills run them over and the defensive line plays great.  I am really hoping solomon can play but I know on a short week there is probably zero chance.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How exactly would this be "stealing" a game when the Bills are 13-2 since Allen has been here against the Fins and the only 2 losses have been last second close losses where the Bills probably should have won?  

I'm willing to bet there is going to be so much bulletin board material from Miami leading up to Thursday this week... Them and their fans are already acting like it's vice versa, like we're 2-13 against them and coming up with excuses about Josh's hand already. 

Edited by extrahammer

Just now, extrahammer said:

I'm willing to bet there is going to be so much bulletin board material from Miami leading up to Thursday this week... Them and their fans are already acting like it's vice versa, like we're 2-13 against them and coming up with excuses about Josh's hand already. 

That crap is so overrated...once you start playing the game none of it matters.

• Agree 2

Just now, extrahammer said:

Unfortunately It feels like they are going to spend the week talking about non football related stuff.  I am sure they will get around to some backhanded comments if they have time though.

5 hours ago, Neo said:

Roll Call!    Who’s going?

I’ll be there with MrsNeo and one NeoEtte.   Joining my sister and brother-in-law down from Buffalo.  Joining some local friends who are life long Dolphin fans and restaurant servers who are very good to us.  Staying in Lauderdale at the Marriott.

Fresh swag.   Represent!

I’ll be there with a few of my buddies!  Get in on Wed, staying at Hotel Maren.

Agree with the sentiment that we’re playing with a little house money for Thursday.  Underdogs going on the road to Miami in hot weather and a short week.  Our team is still trying to define itself too.  If we can pull it out this week, I have a vibe that we might be ready to surprise a lot of people this season like we did back in 2020.  We’ll see if Josh can have another masterful performance like yesterday, reiterating why he will be this year’s MVP.

11 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Is this trade-off fair to both us and Miami?

We play in Miami early, but it’s a night game. Break for us.

Miami plays in Buffalo in early Nov. break for them.

I also really like having the first week 2 Thursday game (hopefully we have the week 1 game next season). We got much more time to prepare during pre season. And can strongly reassess after week 2 with some playtime to make serious adjustments. 

Gordon Lightfoot once wrote an epic about the perils of November weather 🚢 💀 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Was at the game last January.  Miami fans live in a delusional universe.  They had the same mentality leading up to the game about somehow being good finally, and talked a ton of trash about Allen for a lot of the game.  They didn’t have too much to say afterward though, most just put their tail between their legs then.  Aside from the guy that murdered the Bills fan and still is somehow not arrested.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They are home, are favored and on paper have the better roster at the moment.  Buffalo had a major injury yesterday if Johnson is lost for a while.  

I said it in another post but again, The Dolphins have built there roster and spent a ton of money to win this game.  The Dolphins have everything in their favor thursday night.  If Miami can't win this one they have some sort of real problem or The Bills played a fantastic game.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

They are home, are favored and on paper have the better roster at the moment.  Buffalo had a major injury yesterday if Johnson is lost for a while.  

I said it in another post but again, The Dolphins have built there roster and spent a ton of money to win this game.  The Dolphins have everything in their favor thursday night.  If Miami can't win this one they have some sort of real problem or The Bills played a fantastic game.

Based on what exactly?  We have Josh Allen which neutralizes any potential "roster" advantage you may believe they have...which I don't believe.  They lost significant pieces on defense including the two players who gave the O issues at times in Wilkins and Van Ginkel. I'd argue they are worse than last year. Allen has won more AFC Offensive Player of the Week awards against the Fins than just about anyone else has won period.

We already know they have real problems. Tua is a JAG when he plays good teams because they force him to beat them and he is too physically limited to do it routinely.  Why do people keep believing in fools gold?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Based on what exactly?  We have Josh Allen which neutralizes any potential "roster" advantage you may believe they have...which I don't believe.  They lost significant pieces on defense including the two players who gave the O issues at times in Wilkins and Van Ginkel. I'd argue they are worse than last year.

ok well I just think right now on a short week they have a major advantage being at home and having a healthy roster.  The Bills may have lost the best nickel corner in the league and are breaking in a new starting safety duo.

Tua threw for over 300 yards and hill had a big day.  They are going to make Buffalo defend every inch of the field and right now buffalo has some issues to work through.

yes we have Josh Allen but he does not play defense or special teams.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

ok well I just think right now on a short week they have a major advantage being at home and having a healthy roster.  The Bills may have lost the best nickel corner in the league and are breaking in a new starting safety duo.

Tua threw for over 300 yards and hill had a big day.  They are going to make Buffalo defend every inch of the field and right now buffalo has some issues to work through.

Have they not had Tua and Hill and Waddle the last several times we play them and they almost never do a ton against us?  

Yeah, they do have an advantage on a short week being at home...I will give you that. But they lost the advantage of the heat and sun on the sidelines which is what beat us last year.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

It’s inconceivable that the Bills COULD lose this game 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Have they not had Tua and Hill and Waddle the last several times we play them and they almost never do a ton against us?  

Yeah, they do have an advantage on a short week being at home...I will give you that. But they lost the advantage of the heat and sun on the sidelines which is what beat us last year.

Right but last year the first time we had milano, tre, poyer, hyde in the back seven.  this time none of them will be there nor will taron johnson.  

The bills would have lost in december last year had they not gotten a kick return for TD.  Both teams were banged up that night but it was basically very much like the cardinals game yesterday, The bills did what they had to do and made a defensive stop (interception) to win the game.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

Right but last year the first time we had milano, tre, poyer, hyde in the back seven.  this time none of them will be there nor with taron johnson.  

The bills would have lost in december last year had they not gotten a kick return for TD.  Both teams were banged up that night but it was basically very much like the cardinals game yesterday, The bills did what they had to do and made a defensive stop (interception) to win the game.

But they DID get that play...and that is what is the difference between us and them...when the chips and down and the lights are bright, Allen and the Bills deliver and Tua and the Dolphins don't.

• Like (+1) 1