Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

I think Poyer and Neal will provide good intel into our D. Idk how much it affects the game but it has to be an advantage for the Dolphins. 

I think ex players can only help with intel if they’re signed after the weeks game plan is installed.

Film doesn’t lie. 

The Dolphins already know what the Bills will try to do vs certain personnel and formations. It’s the game day adjustments that will win the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Really good test and measuring stick for both teams early in the season. 

This game can go in so many directions. I'm having a difficult time coming up with a solid game script. As a result, I'm unable to give a synopsis with confidence. 

The Bills have Allen and a mix match of offensive weapons who can have a big game. McD always seems to have solid game plans vs Miami. Hill and Waddle are darn right dangerous. 

I don't see a blowout here. Both team know each other well. Teams are pretty evenly matched, and they've played each other close in several games. 

Bills 24

Miami 23

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

Remember the key here is not to overreact on defense. I expect Miami to come out with a good script and have some success offensively early on. The key is the Bills just settling in, playing their defense and capitalising when the Fins make mistakes and Tua puts the ball in harms way - as he will at some point. If you start getting funky in response and getting away from your plan that's when they kill you. Settle in, trust your scheme, execute and take your opportunities. 

On offense got to pickup the Miami blitzes well up front, know where our hots are and get the ball out early. Not a day for Josh to hold the ball. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

Miami are going to score points, just a question of how many. The defensive line needs to ball out and spook Tua, groot needs to play like a beast with help from Oliver up the middle. Force those panic throws and hope for a couple of turnovers. If tua gets and stays in rhythm I think we get beaten badly in this one.

Have to eliminate the big, quick play and make them chip their way up the field, then eventually the opportunities for defensive plays will come.

offensively no turnovers obviously, bully them and wear them out with the run and drive sustaining conversions. Would love to see Kincaid go off in this one. Their d line seemed to get after Lawrence a lot, and they’ll try and keep Allen in the pocket, so I’d roll him out a lot with fake hand offs, roll him to his right where he’s so good at throwing on the run, if nothing is open scramble toward the sideline and gain positive yards without taking big hits. I think their d will get frustrated in the end and give up some penalties 

8 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Our LBers were a different story, hoping for a nice bounce back game. Bernard didn’t give up much YPC, though. 

Still, I worry about slants, with Tua throwing instantly, so no pass rush, and Hill and their other speedsters catching the ball at full speed. How do you defend against that? Our corners don't jam, do they? 

I'm sure it's been said a few times in sixteen pages, but the Bills defense has to take away the big plays (mostly yards after catch) and purposely force the Dolphins into multiple play drives. It can be frustrating to watch as a fan, but Tua will make a mistake. He always does.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

I think Poyer and Neal will provide good intel into our D. Idk how much it affects the game but it has to be an advantage for the Dolphins. 

We have a different coordinater from last season. 

What 'intel' can they provide? I think this is one of those much talked about things in football which is really not much of anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Remember the key here is not to overreact on defense. I expect Miami to come out with a good script and have some success offensively early on. The key is the Bills just settling in, playing their defense and capitalising when the Fins make mistakes and Tua puts the ball in harms way - as he will at some point. If you start getting funky in response and getting away from your plan that's when they kill you. Settle in, trust your scheme, execute and take your opportunities. 

On offense got to pickup the Miami blitzes well up front, know where our hots are and get the ball out early. Not a day for Josh to hold the ball. 

Good advice.  TBD please read this as it applies to you as well!  

• Simon unpinned this topic
9 hours ago, VW82 said:

You mean with Taron erasing everything on the inside? That's not an option this time.  Expect Phins to move Hill around to take advantage of that.  

If they can hold the Fins to 150ish yards passing with JaQuan Johnson, Damar Hamlin(the worst version of him), Kair Elam and Ja'Marcus Ingram(playing in his first game as a rookie UDFA PS elevation), I think they will be OK.

I get the sentiment.

"TECHNICALLY" Taylor Rapp and Damar Hamlin are NOT Poyer/Hyde

BUT - Hyde was out numerous times we played Miami

And Poyer was always the liability it seemed when we played them.

SOOOOO - is Taylor Rapp and Damar Hamlin REALLY that much worse?

Id have to argue no.

Id also like to mention that last time they "beat us" we had over 500 yards offense - 9,000 degrees - guys dehydrated - and - well - 3rd string DB and Damar Hamlin were the safeties - I dont beleive we had Taron Johnson that game either?

Faired pretty well nutralizing the Dolphins that game

This is way out in left field, BUT - I have this STRANGE feeling that Tyreek gets "hurt" again against us?  Idk why but it seems since he has been with the Dolphins he takes himself off the field. 

Until Miami can beat winning football teams consistently - im always going to go with the Bills in this.  These blow out predictions from this board are also funny given - buffalo doesnt get blown out - 

Josh Allen will be Josh Allen - even if he has to be superman.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/8/2024 at 10:24 PM, Thrivefourfive said:

Is this trade-off fair to both us and Miami?

We play in Miami early, but it’s a night game. Break for us.

Miami plays in Buffalo in early Nov. break for them.

I also really like having the first week 2 Thursday game (hopefully we have the week 1 game next season). We got much more time to prepare during pre season. And can strongly reassess after week 2 with some playtime to make serious adjustments. 

With our next game at home on a Monday, it's going to be a mini-bye for us.

if we can pressure Tua, have corners/safeties read his eyes as he usually looks to one receiver than we win

We have dolphins # because we know how to play against Tua, Bobby Babich I hope you can generate otherwise it'll be a long day