Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

The advance stats are in on PFR, our DBs were rock solid in coverage.

Murray had a sub 50 QBR targeting Hamlin and Rapp, who also didn’t miss any tackles. Murray was 0-5 when Rapp was in coverage and 1-3 vs Hamlin.

Our LBers were a different story, hoping for a nice bounce back game. Bernard didn’t give up much YPC, though. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

I think Poyer and Neal will provide good intel into our D. Idk how much it affects the game but it has to be an advantage for the Dolphins. 

The Miami coaching staff is filled with pros who know NFL X's and O's inside out.  I doubt there is a lot Poyer can tell them that they haven't already seen on tape and understood.  Maybe some little nuances but nothing game-changing.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

That doesn’t sound fun at all 😭

This^^

I've already had my lifespan cut short by about 20 years from watching Bills games the last few years.   Would be nice to make it through a game without a cardiac event once in a while.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The Miami coaching staff is filled with pros who know NFL X's and O's inside out.  I doubt there is a lot Poyer can tell them that they haven't already seen on tape and understood.  Maybe some little nuances but nothing game-changing.  

Maybe he can tell Ramsey that Allen is coming for him like always...but he already knows that

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

The same way we always do and always do well.

So tiring to hear the same nonsense over and over again even tho it's never come to fruition a single time.

You mean with Taron erasing everything on the inside? That's not an option this time.  Expect Phins to move Hill around to take advantage of that.  

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

Gonna be a shootout, should be a fun one.

37-36 Bills win, Bass game winning FG as time expires.

That’s possible, but we have kept Tua and Hill in check every game against them.  And for us, short week, hot and humid game…that’s hard on the DL guys.  And the Fins DL is a mess, so I think we may see a game where we try and pound the rock more and also control the TOP further inhibiting the Fins offense be keeping them off the field and also keeping our DL fresher to better disrupt Tua when they are on the field.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s possible, but we have kept Tua and Hill in check every game against them.  And for us, short week, hot and humid game…that’s hard on the DL guys.  And the Fins DL is a mess, so I think we may see a game where we try and pound the rock more and also control the TOP further inhibiting the Fins offense be keeping them off the field and also keeping our DL fresher to better disrupt Tua when they are on the field.  

I just think our safeties and linebackers aren't going to be up to the task. I don't think we'll abandon the run, but we will need to match them score-for-score. For comparison, the Bills scored 34 last week (around the same as my prediction for this week) and never abandoned the run (33 rushing attempts vs 23 passing attempts).

17 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I'll be at a birthday dinner at a nice Italian restaurant tomorrow evening.

Maybe the game's on, maybe it isn't. But I'm not worried.

We'll take care of business. 

Oh

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, Breakout Squad said:

I think Poyer and Neal will provide good intel into our D. Idk how much it affects the game but it has to be an advantage for the Dolphins. 

Maybe that’s why we got rid of all the old guys and have Babich running the D.  (Yes, this is tongue in cheek).

2 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

They will have insight into some foundational concepts and certain ways fundamental techniques are coached, but with Babich calling the plays now and a new DBs coach brought in, this week's defensive gameplan, tendencies, and wrinkles, will deviate a bit from when those guys were here.

I'm sure/I sure hope most of the pre-snap defensive checks and verbiage will have changed for this week/season, which can be the most damaging kind of intel to leak (remember what the Patriots GOT CAUGHT doing with spygate). The rest can be ascertained by outsiders with smart and exhaustive film study.  

Edited by Richard Noggin

1 hour ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

I'll be at a birthday dinner at a nice Italian restaurant tomorrow evening.

Maybe the game's on, maybe it isn't. But I'm not worried.

We'll take care of business. 

Look, I have a used, positive covid test I can gift ya so as to isolate at home.  Can ya make north Erie county else south niagara county tomorrow?  

• Haha (+1) 1