Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

33 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It does from the standpoint that they like to put Achane in the slot so they can run jets, screens etc. I suppose if both are out Wilson will take the Mostert role while Wright takes the Achane role but latter isn’t as good as the former 

For sure, exactly what I was saying - like if achane is out, that hurts them. But I don't think the mostert injury will hurt them much 

Dolphins will provide a much different test than the Cards' short yardage pass game with Kyler Murray extending everything. 

Tua is just as accurate as Kyler, but he doesn't remotely have Murray's mobility. But obviously the Phins with Hill and Waddle and Achane have like exponentially more speed and can obviously attack the team downfield. That can play to McDermott's defensive strength in terms of scheming & layering coverages, especially with Groot and Von being better than last season. 

Offensively my expectation is for the Bills offense to have its way with the Dolphins defense

The game plan for Tua is the same as it always was......don't let him throw in rhythm.  It has been proven time and time again with him that if you either rush his throws or make him hold onto the ball an extra second, the chances of him completing his passes goes down exponentially.  Yes, that is the case for a lot of QBs, but it seems like these thing affect Tua more than other QBs. 

So, send pressure up the middle to get him off his spot.  He doesn't move overly well and he doesn't have the arm strength to compensate and because of this, his accuracy dips dramatically.  Obviously, we should try jamming the WRs off the line as well, but that to me is a little riskier of a play because if you miss against these guys, they're gone.  And the biggest concern I have on defense in this game is our safeties.  I mean, I think they will be a concern every game, but in these games, against elite speed WRs, their inexperience is scary.  Last year was tough because, although Hyde and Poyer knew what was coming, they didn't have the speed to keep up anymore.  Now, we have more athleticism back there, but they have no idea about the angles they need to take.  So, hopefully our front 4 play a great game, and we can have some success sending some pressure up the middle. 

• Agree 1

How much could Poyer really share with them that they don’t already know having to play the Bills twice a year? Can they beat us? Of course they can, but same could be said about them any of Poyer’s years here. I think this Poyer helping them talk is pretty overblown. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Reading the comments of Phins fans on their board, it almost reminds me of how we felt about the Pats and Brady during their dynasty.  They are kind of terrified of Allen.

It's a little odd that our record has been so lopsided against them, since the talent differential isn't that extreme. But I'll take it, and hope it continues tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Reading the comments of Phins fans on their board, it almost reminds me of how we felt about the Pats and Brady during their dynasty.  They are kind of terrified of Allen.

It's a little odd that our record has been so lopsided against them, since the talent differential isn't that extreme. But I'll take it, and hope it continues tomorrow.

They should be. If Bills fans weren't terrified of Brady then they were delusional

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

They should be. If Bills fans weren't terrified of Brady then they were delusional

I'd always just have a sinking feeling when it was Patriots week.  It was almost like I knew I had to go to the dentist for a longer-than-usual procedure, and knew I just had to muscle through it.

Those were tough years.  Some of those games - I remember when we were up like 21, and he still brought them back and they ended up winning by 3 scores.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I'd always just have a sinking feeling when it was Patriots week.  It was almost like I knew I had to go to the dentist for a longer-than-usual procedure, and knew I just had to muscle through it.

Those were tough years.  Some of those games - I remember when we were up like 21, and he still brought them back and they ended up winning by 3 scores.

Freezing Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

PTSD heebie jeebies. 

47 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Poyers got nothing to prove.  He had a great career in Buff.

Dude is honestly just there for a final paycheck.  We'd all do the same in his shoes.

He’ll do that until his wife lets him know it’s ok to hang up the cleats. It was always her crying about his contract. Great player but I hate when family goes on social media complaining 

14 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

How much could Poyer really share with them that they don’t already know having to play the Bills twice a year? Can they beat us? Of course they can, but same could be said about them any of Poyer’s years here. I think this Poyer helping them talk is pretty overblown. 

Agree.  Poyer might help crack Josh's Google password, but the only people I'm concerned with "knowing Josh" enough to make an impact are Daboll and Dorsey.

Daboll proved that LY, albeit Dorsey was horrible that game too.