Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I'd be surprised if Mostert and Achane play Thursday after back to back DNPs. Never like it when guys get hurt but it certainly helps our cause.

I think the back to back DNP during walkthroughs is McDaniel being cute. He’s just resting them for Thursday. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, mannc said:

Who is Dude?  I don’t remember him…

confused jeff bridges GIF

11 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Cambell and Phillips seemed to be all over the place in the Jax game.  Campbell wrecked the opening drive by himself.

Every little bit helps... between Wilkins and Van Ginkel leaving and Bradley Chubb not playing I feel the Bills O will put up good numbers.

7 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Campbell is going to be lined up across from Torrance thursday night.

Tough assignment for Cybo, especially coming off a bad week one. 

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

There was so much talk of Samuel's turf toe, wondering if Smoot's toe is turf toe as well.  Kinda an under the radar big deal to have him out - he was getting a lot of love in the preseason and sounded like they expected good things from him.  Instead we get Toohill in the rotation again...

Toohill's not a bad player. This will become apparent with more snaps.

32 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Thanks for that. I actually enjoyed the listen and his thoughts.  Pretty unbiased and fair look at both teams.

Agree 100% - I had no idea he was doing this Youtube series but this is AWESOME

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If Ty Johnson can't go Gore will get called up.

Really hope the Solomon can dress.  If not, they have to use a 2nd call-up for a DE.

I’m totally ready to see Gore Jr. Give him a few plays. Dude has Hall of Fame DNA. Don’t underestimate a dude who had 329 yards in a college Bowl game!

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Like (+1) 1

Watched the replay of Dolphins x Jags.

My impressions:

Tua is not as good as Kyler Murray at escaping pressure. Not as fast. Easier to sack.

Dolphins offense struggled to get into rhythm. Still, they had a couple of big hitters. They can still put up points even if they are not in sync most of the time. They finished strong.

As others have pointed out, the third Q Etienne fumble was a massive momentum swing. Tua hit Tyreek for an 80 yarder on the very next possession! 14 point swing. Bam. 

Poyer is still Poyer. What a physical warrior! Wouldn’t want to be tackled by him. 

Will the Bills be able to run against Miami? Etienne couldn’t much of the time. He struggled. He couldn’t convert on a fourth and one.

Bigsby averaged a solid 6.1 ypc .

Overall JAX averaged 4.9 ypc.

IMO Miami will probably hit on a few big plays (as they always seem to do) but in the end Thursday will be decided by who controls the line of scrimmage better.

Miami finished strong while JAX did the opposite. JAX offense came up completely empty in the fourth Q.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Gigs said:

They put 70 up on Denver and got blown out the following week..by the Bills. 

Dude, Wilkins and Van Ginkel were their defense, and now all they have is Jalen Ramsey who gets owned by Josh. The only concern I have is their speed and even then I'm not scared. 

Jaelen Phillips is good- as is Calais Campbell.  1 year 2M for Campbell is a steal

Edited by NewEra

11 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'll be watching tomorrow's report with great interest. Like you I try to not root for I injuries but honestly I think losing both Achane and Mostert would hurt them more than losing Taron Johnson hurts the Bills and I don't say that lightly because I respect TJ.

The Dolphins needs that run game to prevent selling out vs the pass and teams pinning their ears back on the pass rush 

I think Jaylen Wright might be better than both of them. They’d miss having the threat of achane, but Wright will be just fine imo.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I think Jaylen Wright might be better than both of them. They’d miss having the threat of achane, but Wright will be just fine imo.  

And they have Jeff Wilson too.  Very deep there, and it's just a friendly scheme for any RB anyways.

• Agree 1

Wasn't sure where to put this - but it happened this week :)

Shout out to two places in my hometown that are also my go-to places when I'm home

Full disclosure, Skoob is a friend of mine since HS - great Dude and great food

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If Ty Johnson can't go Gore will get called up.

Really hope the Solomon can dress.  If not, they have to use a 2nd call-up for a DE.

I'd rather have Smoot so long as he's healthy yet I know he isn't. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Son said:

And they have Jeff Wilson too.  Very deep there, and it's just a friendly scheme for any RB anyways.

and Jaylen Wright, The question is if their OL that bad at run blocking since Archane and Mostert struggled last week or if both guys being injured hampered their efforts. 

15 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think the back to back DNP during walkthroughs is McDaniel being cute. He’s just resting them for Thursday. 

Well, I am an idiot.

Mostert is OUT. Achane is will be a GTD (still think this one is some trickery)

• Haha (+1) 1