Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

9 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Can the team work on defending the screen this week like one of the worst teams I have seen when it comes to defending that.

The screen is a great call against teams that tend to focus on "getting after the QB".  I heard Bill Parcells say once that he liked to call screens and draws to slow the pass rush down. That first screen by the Cards worked great because the Bills' pass rushers were keyed on getting after Murray, and I wouldn't doubt that play made them hesitant going forward (especially in the first half). 

As for "defending the screen", I think it's more about recognition which comes with either experience, or a D coordinator literally telling his D to be aware of it in a particular situation.  But, hey, that's just my opinion man....

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

There was so much talk of Samuel's turf toe, wondering if Smoot's toe is turf toe as well.  Kinda an under the radar big deal to have him out - he was getting a lot of love in the preseason and sounded like they expected good things from him.  Instead we get Toohill in the rotation again...

Hopefully Smoot, Edwards and Bishop will be ready to go against Jax! 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s against the Bills. They’ll play. We’d be the team that Dan Marino would somehow come back for the week of our game

Possibly but Achane might mean too much to that offense to risk it this early in the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, syhuang said:

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I'd be surprised if Mostert and Achane play Thursday after back to back DNPs. Never like it when guys get hurt but it certainly helps our cause.

I'll be watching tomorrow's report with great interest. Like you I try to not root for I injuries but honestly I think losing both Achane and Mostert would hurt them more than losing Taron Johnson hurts the Bills and I don't say that lightly because I respect TJ.

The Dolphins needs that run game to prevent selling out vs the pass and teams pinning their ears back on the pass rush 

55 minutes ago, Einstein said:

From the funny but true story archives:

When Kelly dove across the goalline I started running around my living room hollering, and then ran out the back door onto the deck.

However I failed to notice that the screen door was closed and I blew right through it and completely mangled it. :lol:

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

-Last 10 match ups Miami has never been favored 

-Miami is 1-9 SU vs the Bills in the last 10

-Miami is 4-6 ATS vs the Bills in the last 10

-These teams have played 5 times with a spread between +4 and -4 in the last 10 games and Buffalo is 4-1 SU and ATS.  

-Miami is 1-6 vs winning teams since Miami's 21-19 victory over us in the hot box. Only victory vs Dallas when they were falling apart last year and couldn't win on the road. 

Even the heat shouldn't be the issue it was a few years back.

Since 2020 Buffalo would be 53 wins, 10 losses, 5 pushes if given +3 in the regular season. They cover the +3 in 84% of the games since 2020. 

Perhaps this is reflective of Taron Johnson being out? It's a loss but we have been thru this so many times. We will figure it out and in the meantime Josh should do what he does to Miami. Usually I would think I was walking into a trap game with this sort of spread but given our AFC East odds, I think this is just how they have us rated. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

-Last 10 match ups Miami has never been favored 

-Miami is 1-9 SU vs the Bills in the last 10

-Miami is 4-6 ATS vs the Bills in the last 10

-These teams have played 5 times with a spread between +4 and -4 in the last 10 games and Buffalo is 4-1 SU and ATS.  

-Miami is 1-6 vs winning teams since Miami's 21-19 victory over us in the hot box. Only victory vs Dallas when they were falling apart last year and couldn't win on the road. 

Even the heat shouldn't be the issue it was a few years back.

Since 2020 Buffalo would be 53 wins, 10 losses, 5 pushes if given +3 in the regular season. They cover the +3 in 84% of the games since 2020. 

Perhaps this is reflective of Taron Johnson being out? It's a loss but we have been thru this so many times. We will figure it out and in the meantime Josh should do what he does to Miami. Usually I would think I was walking into a trap game with this sort of spread but given our AFC East odds, I think this is just how they have us rated. 

Both teams had identical games at home week 1. Miami is at home for this one. -1.5 is essentially a pick em. Vegas (and the betters) have no idea who will win.