Week 2 - Bills at Dolphins - Game Week Thread

BillsFan619

Is this trade-off fair to both us and Miami?

We play in Miami early, but it’s a night game. Break for us.

Miami plays in Buffalo in early Nov. break for them.

I also really like having the first week 2 Thursday game (hopefully we have the week 1 game next season). We got much more time to prepare during pre season. And can strongly reassess after week 2 with some playtime to make serious adjustments. 

Edited by Thrivefourfive
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I also really like having the first week 2 Thursday game (hopefully we have the week 1 game next season). We got much more time to prepare during pre season. And can strongly reassess after week 2 with some playtime to make serious adjustments. 

Early November isn't necessarily a break for them...November can be nasty at any time...even if it's not snow, strong wind is always a possibility.

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I also really like having the first week 2 Thursday game (hopefully we have the week 1 game next season). We got much more time to prepare during pre season. And can strongly reassess after week 2 with some play time make serious adjustments. 

We have the advantage since our defense took a half off to prepare for the short week

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Early November isn't necessarily a break for them...November can be nasty at any time...even if it's not snow, strong wind is always a possibility.

it was windy today. Come on, play along. Because you’re saying playing in early Nov is equal to playing Jan 5th.. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

it was windy today. Come on, play along. Because you’re saying playing in early Nov is equal to playing Jan 5th.. 

I mean it can be...last winter January was mostly upper 30s to mid 50s outside of a 2 week period when we got all the snow for the year.

Roll Call!    Who’s going?

I’ll be there with MrsNeo and one NeoEtte.   Joining my sister and brother-in-law down from Buffalo.  Joining some local friends who are life long Dolphin fans and restaurant servers who are very good to us.  Staying in Lauderdale at the Marriott.

Fresh swag.   Represent!

• Like (+1) 1

The 1-0 start puts us in good spot heading into this game. It’s not a “must win”, but I really don’t want to hear how Miami is the top of the AFC East if they win. One win wouldn’t make the true. So go Bills! 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

The 1-0 start puts it in good spot heading into this game. It’s not a “must win”, but I really don’t want to hear how Miami is the top of the AFC East if they win. One win wouldn’t make the true. So go Bills! 

but they will be.

56 minutes ago, nucci said:

but they will be.

Literally yes, but they better enjoy it while it lasts because they aren’t the best team in the AFC East. I remember Miami fans talking trash last season in October. That worked out really well. 

If the Bills can find a way to steal this one somehow man would that be a huge momentum boost because of what is coming on the schedule.

The bills had a first half problem stopping the run on the edge yesterday and it sort of killed them, in the second half they took care of it and it created favorable third downs for our defense.  Hopefully they come out of the gate sunday playing good defense against the run.  

probably going to take 31 or more points again this week to win.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Roll Call!    Who’s going?

I’ll be there with MrsNeo and one NeoEtte.   Joining my sister and brother-in-law down from Buffalo.  Joining some local friends who are life long Dolphin fans and restaurant servers who are very good to us.  Staying in Lauderdale at the Marriott.

Fresh swag.   Represent!

The Mrs. and I will be there also. Heading down Thursday morning. Room right by the stadium. Will also be meeting up with some Fins fans and partaking in the merriment. 

• Like (+1) 1

Going to need to tackle much better against the Dolphins with their speed. Hopefully DL can disrupt Tua and make him move off of his first read. Want to see greater disruption up the middle from Oliver and Jones.

I fully expect MIA to bring their A game as they want to prove they can beat the Bills. 

Getting out of MIA with a W would be huge!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

If the Bills can find a way to steal this one somehow man would that be a huge momentum boost because of what is coming on the schedule.

The bills had a first half problem stopping the run on the edge yesterday and it sort of killed them, in the second half they took care of it and it created favorable third downs for our defense.  Hopefully they come out of the gate sunday playing good defense against the run.  

probably going to take 31 or more points again this week to win.

I take slight issue with the word 'steal'.

We are favored, as we should be.

[Edit, we are not favored. My bad.]

Edited by Nineforty
  • Like (+1) 2