Dorsey's first game as Cleveland OC

He doesn't even call plays, does he? It is Stefanski's offense.

44 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

How has Watson regressed so much? He looks lost.

He needs his special massages to get ready for games and he can't get them anymore?

8 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Watching the Browns offense crash and burn is so fun after what they did to Mayfield (let him go after beating a hated rival in the playoffs and playing a whole season with a torn rotator cuff pretty much) and did in signing Watson. That franchise deserves every bit of negative voodoo karma 

That's a great point.

They let a better QB walk who was such a better human being (lol, imagine saying that about Baker!).

They also paid a fortune for Watson, a d a ransom of picks.

I b word a out how our fo signs and drafts a bit, but holy cow are they taking a dump on the fans on the other side of the Erie.

8 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Watching the Browns offense crash and burn is so fun after what they did to Mayfield (let him go after beating a hated rival in the playoffs and playing a whole season with a torn rotator cuff pretty much) and did in signing Watson. That franchise deserves every bit of negative voodoo karma 

That's a great point.

They let a better QB walk who was such a better human being (lol, imagine saying that about Baker!).

I b word a out how our fo signs and drafts a bit, but holy cow are they taking a dump on the fans on the other side of the Erie.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, colin said:

That's a great point.

That's a great point.

If the Bills had done to Allen what the Browns did to Mayfield and signed Watson, I'd really struggle being a fan. To go through football hell with no competent QB for over a decade and then kick the best one they had to the curb like that .....stupid. Hoping Allen retires a Bill. It is so hard to find a franchise QB and it bothers me that an ownership would do what the Browns did. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

He has no incentive - he is already rich with guaranteed contract and no chance of another team giving him another one so all he needs to perform enough to not be let go for violating contract.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

It kind of is, tho. Watson was already there. Dorsey took the job knowing he was the QB. He literally said "Yup, that's my QB.". 

He's even gone on to talk about how great a person Watson is. High character and all. 

To me it shows he's a spineless scumbag who is sucking up in order to get that OC job. He's a joke, I should have known it after the live temper tantrum that got recorded but I'll admit I thought he was just passionate. Turns out he's just a *****.

• Agree 1

Just now, Punching Bag said:

He has no incentive - he is already rich with guaranteed contract and no chance of another team giving him another one so all he needs to perform enough to not be let go for violating contract.  

I don't know about this line of reasoning, as the guy looks done, fried, and don't agree it is a matter of motivation, at least directly. I think his team is losing its motivation, though, and realize they cannot win with him as their leader.  And this will likely means he is done very soon, before their season slips away.  Dorsey too--duh.

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Affluenza. Now that he got his bag and it’s completely guaranteed he has zero motivation to work hard to get better or to concern himself with things like wins or statistics.

• Agree 1

Just now, KingBoots8 said:

Affluenza. Now that he got his bag and it’s completely guaranteed he has zero motivation to work hard to get better or to concern himself with things like wins or statistics.

Don't you think being labeled as a pariah, an untouchable (pardon the pun), is significant motivation to be successful, to redeem himself?

• Agree 2

Quarterbacks have to be respected in the locker-room.   They need to be able to lead the team.  When your QB is a walking punchline its hard to build a team around him.   Watson appears to have Tiger Woods syndrome.  Once the world gets to know who you really are, your game falls off. 

The Browns are a perfect example of #1 picks needing a healthy environment to thrive in.    They picked Baker #1 and then gave him 3 different head coaches in 4 years.  They set him up to fail.  Now they have this mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

The entire Browns FO needs to be canned and never given jobs in football again.  The Browns were on the verge of being Super Bowl contenders;  they had one of the best Defenses and were a few pieces away on offense.  They decided Baker wasn’t good enough and replaced him with a sex predator.  They are stuck with Watson for the next 3 years with a 73m cap hit on 25/26.  Unless Watson can get his mojo back, Browns are about to be real, real bad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

His pops did die during the week which I mean sucks for him.  My feelings about him as a person aside.

That being said I don't think he's that good.  Or a good fit for that offense.  Flacco was actually I think a better option 

21 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Not to make excuses for Watson , but apparently he lost his dad this week.

Thats gotta be tough to play with.

In saying that, I still think his best days are way behind him and even last year he looked bad before his injury 

I appreciate you guys having sympathy.

FWIW Brett Favre.... 399 yards and 4 TDs 1 day after his Dad died.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I appreciate you guys having sympathy.

FWIW Brett Favre.... 399 yards and 4 TDs 1 day after his Dad died.

I'm well aware of that game and it wasn't necessary to quote me.

Since Favre had a great game after losing his dad, I guess every single athlete should as well  right because everyone handles tragedy the exact same way?..

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The crazy thing is the browns have $50M in cap space right now.

Even when they roll that over into next year, they are $37M OVER the cap.

Not counting $38M in void contracts.

They are totally, totally screwed.  Watson sucks.  He is a below average QB being paid like a god.

• Like (+1) 2