Dorsey's first game as Cleveland OC

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

The Browns are going to have to blow it up and start over.  You could see Garrett was visibly disgusted already in the first game of the year.  When the best player and leader in your team is having to be talked off the ledge on the sideline before the end of the first game, it’s going to be trouble.  I wouldn’t be shocked to hear Garrett beat the crap out of Watson and left him behind a dumpster by week 8.   

The contract restructure makes it all the more curious, they are going to be so screwed, they can’t do anything.   They might as well unload the talent they have for picks, release Watson and start over if they can’t turn it around this year.

I wouldn't mind a trade for Amari Cooper if there was a fire sale on Browns talent...

Just saying.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Udubalum07 said:

I just went to look at his contract and Spotrac has him with a 72 million dollar hit the next two years and a void year of 26 million the following year.  It is all fully guaranteed. 

That might be the worst contract in NFL history.  It is right up there with Russell Wilson and the Broncos. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Worst than Russ in Denver?

Maybe not when he was under Hackett but he actually played OK under Payton so I guess Watson would be worse. He has looked terrible no matter who the OC is.

Call Old Man Flacco back or trade for Jacoby Brisket again.

Wilson was worth a shot.  Watson was never as good as Wilson but for a single season years ago.

18 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

For most people, yes. But most people didn’t get $230 million dollars to help forget what people say or think. If someone came up to me right now and said “Here’s $230 million, all guaranteed, but people are going to talk crap about you.” I’d sign the paper. Who cares what people think? I now have enough money to live comfortably forever and never even need to concern myself with that crap.

His reputation was already ruined in the public eye. Even if he wins people will hate him. Might as well get paid and flip the world the bird when you head home in your super car to your mansion and sleep on your piles of money.

Come on, Watson was offered a huge guaranteed contract.  Most thought it was a bad move by the Browns, an illogical one--he was likely not going to get many offers, and even fewer guaranteed offers, and he had been out of the game for long time.   Who would not take that kind of unique offer?

Beyond your opinion of why he is not successful now, what makes you think that, what details or facts are there to support your point? Have you read or heard things about his work habits and such?

I say basic human nature tells us he would want to be successful, no matter the money he is earning. He looks done, but I don't think it is because he threw in the towel so he can relax and enjoy his riches.

11 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I wouldn't mind a trade for Amari Cooper if there was a fire sale on Browns talent...

Just saying.

This, 100%.

Fits with the Bills and the perfect player to add to this young, inexperienced receiver corps. 

Reminds me of a bigger, faster Cole Beasley, so could be a final piece of the offensive puzzle.

21 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Watson is terrible

The O-line is injured

Bill Callahan left to coach with his kid

Chubb is still out

Dallas D is good

I'm not one to defend Dorsey, but there are several much more relevant reasons the Browns struggled than it was Dorrsey's fault.

But the offense...

They looked like the Bills last year at the start of many games, like they didn't know what they were doing. Unprepared for the game.  It's just that the Bills had Allen.

We'll see how good Dallas' defense is, but they did look different, more physical, more disciplined, but also playing looser.  But it was against one of the worst offenses in the NFL.  We'll see.

If

10 hours ago, Danger Mouse said:

I will never be able to describe how much I disliked Dorsey's strategies. Just horrible.

What do you mean?

7 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I just saw this elsewhere and came to post it.

Brutal.

Yes.

As it indicates I can still become an NFL quarterback!  I can do that, throw like that. 

So those saying the Dallas defense was great, and I agree, watch this video.  Their defense will have to wait until next week to earn some luv.  Derek Carr is a much better quarterback obviously, so an actual test for the girls.  The Saints may be the better team.

On 9/8/2024 at 7:43 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

Not Dorsey's fault that he's saddled with POShaun Watson, a cancer even if he was playing well, which he ain't.  Karma is a 200 lb. female St. Bernard POShaun, except this dog won't be making you any martinis.  

isn’t it exactly Dorsey’s fault for choosing the job