Dorsey's first game as Cleveland OC

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

The best part is Baker looks like a top 8-12 quarterback in Tampa, the browns just can't help being the browns. 

Whoa...let's not get carried away. Mayfield is still limited.

51 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Don't you think being labeled as a pariah, an untouchable (pardon the pun), is significant motivation to be successful, to redeem himself?

Likely when he quits he will change his name and just get away from everything including his reputation.

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They are totally, totally screwed.  Watson sucks.  He is a below average QB being paid like a god.

There are no gods in football even gods with little g.

58 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I appreciate you guys having sympathy.

FWIW Brett Favre.... 399 yards and 4 TDs 1 day after his Dad died.

52 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I'm well aware of that game and it wasn't necessary to quote me.

Since Favre had a great game after losing his dad, I guess every single athlete should as well  right because everyone handles tragedy the exact same way?..

Dude, I said:

1) I appreciate your sympathy for Watson

2) FWIW... which means "for what it's worth"

Why the snarkiness?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Dude, I said:

1) I appreciate your sympathy for Watson

2) FWIW... which means "for what it's worth"

Why the snarkiness?

My apologies. At first I thought you were mocking us for having sympathy but I read it again and I misunderstood. You're good, that's my bad

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Watson is simply terrible now as QB and has been his whole time in Cleveland.

Crazy their offense always looks better with backup QBs than with Watson.

Then they should bench Watson and go with their backup QB.  They are messing around with the team and they will soon lose their team.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Watson is terrible

The O-line is injured

Bill Callahan left to coach with his kid

Chubb is still out

Dallas D is good

I'm not one to defend Dorsey, but there are several much more relevant reasons the Browns struggled than it was Dorrsey's fault.

He knew what he was getting into when he took job - bad ownership, dysfunctional  QB, etc.  Sometimes it is best to pass opportunity to wait for better one.

3 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Don't you think being labeled as a pariah, an untouchable (pardon the pun), is significant motivation to be successful, to redeem himself?

For most people, yes. But most people didn’t get $230 million dollars to help forget what people say or think. If someone came up to me right now and said “Here’s $230 million, all guaranteed, but people are going to talk crap about you.” I’d sign the paper. Who cares what people think? I now have enough money to live comfortably forever and never even need to concern myself with that crap.

His reputation was already ruined in the public eye. Even if he wins people will hate him. Might as well get paid and flip the world the bird when you head home in your super car to your mansion and sleep on your piles of money.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

He knew what he was getting into when he took job - bad ownership, dysfunctional  QB, etc.  Sometimes it is best to pass opportunity to wait for better one.

2x coach of the year with a background in offense to serve as a mentor.  I'd take Andrew Berry over Beane in a heartbeat. Beane is good but Berry is just a cut above.  Haslam has stuck his nose in once or twice but is hopefully learning and otherwise a solid owner.  I can't fault Dorsey's choice.

4 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

For most people, yes. But most people didn’t get $230 million dollars to help forget what people say or think. If someone came up to me right now and said “Here’s $230 million, all guaranteed, but people are going to talk crap about you.” I’d sign the paper. Who cares what people think? I now have enough money to live comfortably forever and never even need to concern myself with that crap.

His reputation was already ruined in the public eye. Even if he wins people will hate him. Might as well get paid and flip the world the bird when you head home in your super car to your mansion and sleep on your piles of money.

I refer to Watson as "pervert" but can't agree he is just mailing it in.  He's put a lot of effort to try and fill the role, but he will keep getting injured until he learns to protect himself better..  His throws are mostly a fraction late and he struggles to see the defense at times.  Playing time might help but he's in a catch-22 with injuries and I saw the same situation yesterday.   He took a couple bad hits.

• Like (+1) 1

It was ugly, but the poor guy having to work with Deshaun Watson—that is even more ugly.

9 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I have a theory that Stefanski is content with watching Watson implode on the field. Doubt Stefanski feels one bit of sympathy leaving him out there in a week 1 home blowout loss with booooos for the QB play.

I agree because Stefanski seems to have a moral compass, whereas his putrid owners don't.

• Like (+1) 1

The Browns are going to have to blow it up and start over.  You could see Garrett was visibly disgusted already in the first game of the year.  When the best player and leader in your team is having to be talked off the ledge on the sideline before the end of the first game, it’s going to be trouble.  I wouldn’t be shocked to hear Garrett beat the crap out of Watson and left him behind a dumpster by week 8.   

The contract restructure makes it all the more curious, they are going to be so screwed, they can’t do anything.   They might as well unload the talent they have for picks, release Watson and start over if they can’t turn it around this year.

I just went to look at his contract and Spotrac has him with a 72 million dollar hit the next two years and a void year of 26 million the following year.  It is all fully guaranteed. 

That might be the worst contract in NFL history.  It is right up there with Russell Wilson and the Broncos. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Watson, for the money, is the worst QB in NFL history. 

Worst than Russ in Denver?

Maybe not when he was under Hackett but he actually played OK under Payton so I guess Watson would be worse. He has looked terrible no matter who the OC is.

Call Old Man Flacco back or trade for Jacoby Brisket again.

• Like (+1) 1