Bills Coordinators Need To Be Much Better

BillsFan130

I'm not sure what happened but the Defense definitely adjusted. Listen; Kyler Murray is a good QB. I think the Cardinals are going to be a 7-8 win team and have a top 10 Offense and bottom 5 Defense. Their offense is going to be hard to stop. The Bills honestly should have only allowed 13 in the 1st half because of the late hit penalty that wasn't. Then they stuffed them in the 2nd half for only 3 points. 

Bills Offense looked unstoppable. Now the Cardinals Defense isn't good but it's good to see the Bills have a successful rushing attack.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Why are people acting like they were terrible when they gave up a total of 270 yards and 4.3 yards per play?

Teams have more than 270 yards Passing alone many games in today's NFL.

Why is there always such a a disconnect between what the stats say and what people think?

It is hyper sensitivity to negative plays. I think fans forget that football games are like that. Rarely do you go out and dominate and not have the other team have positive plays themselves. Part of it is that the Bills have been such a dominant team that expectations are a little unrealistically high.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I didn't think they were terrible at all.  It was a tale of 2 halves.

But it's like that a lot...sometimes a tale of before/after the first 2 drives...they seem to do very well taking away plays that are hurting them early on and adjusting well.

Except in the playoffs.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

It's a little early to blame the coordinators.  The defense got off to a rough start, but after falling behind 17 -3, the Bills offense outscored the Cards O 28-3.  Only a special teams failure (TD & 2 pts conversion) kept the game close.  Not bad considering T Johnson got hurt.   

I'd say Babich and his players picked it up. 

On offense, if Josh doesn't fumble that ball, we are probably tied at the half and the offense still put up 34 points.  That's a 578 point pace for the season.  They put up 451 points last year.  I'd say Brady did fine.

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Josh had a great game but he didn’t do anything today that was spectacular than no one else can do.  

He did like 5 things that other QB's can't do... Not sure what game you watched.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

He did like 5 things that other QB's can't do... Not sure what game you watched.

Even that 3rd and 11 on the 1st drive in the 2nd half. Josh made that play looked easy, but it was ridiculously high level. When he juked the defender , rolled to his right and threw a dime to cook in stride.

Any other QB besides maybe mahomes, and that drive results in a punt 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

It is hyper sensitivity to negative plays. I think fans forget that football games are like that. Rarely do you go out and dominate and not have the other team have positive plays themselves. Part of it is that the Bills have been such a dominant team that expectations are a little unrealistically high.

Lot of disrespect to the cardinals offense getting sprinkled in too. Probably a mediocre team overall but that offense is good 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

So was Harrison really wide open the last drive and Murray just missed him?

The pocket was collapsing and a bills defender jumped to block the throwing lane…the color commentary guy was an idiot and I think the source of some of these questionable takes lol 

Harrison was behind the defense obviously after Murray was under pressure but it was very far from an easy pitch and catch even if Kyler knew he was there…felt pretty similar to that burrow play in the Super Bowl where he got sacked before he could hit a wide open receiver deep 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

So was Harrison really wide open the last drive and Murray just missed him?

Yep but Murray was scrambling and under pressure when he broke open

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Josh had a great game but he didn’t do anything today that was spectacular than no one else can do.  

This says otherwise:

As does normal eyesight 

8 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Even that 3rd and 11 on the 1st drive in the 2nd half. Josh made that play looked easy, but it was ridiculously high level. When he juked the defender , rolled to his right and threw a dime to cook in stride.

Any other QB besides maybe mahomes, and that drive results in a punt 

That was the play of the game imo 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

It's a team game. But it's also a QB driven game, and Josh is a unicorn that made clutch 3rd down plays that no other QBs can make today. (Outside of Mahomes)

Josh made a lot of great plays today, but on the first drive he also decided not to throw to a wide open reciever before extending the play and getting the ball knocked out of his hands!  I love Josh and would not trade him for any other QB in the league, but he is certainly not perfect!  I have been hoping that without Diggs, he would be better at taking the play that's there this year. I have no idea what he was thinking at that moment, but it seemed that he wanted a bigger play than merely a critical first down on a very important drive. This play was a big factor in digging the hole in the 1st half hole and I hope the film will reinforce this so next time he makes a better decision.  

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Royale with cheese just did

Yep I doubt he’s the only one thinking that he just had the balls to say it so I applaud the bravery at least 🤣

3 minutes ago, Flipnmi said:

Josh made a lot of great plays today, but on the first drive he also decided not to throw to a wide open reciever before extending the play and getting the ball knocked out of his hands!  I love Josh and would not trade him for any other QB in the league, but he is certainly not perfect!  I have been hoping that without Diggs, he would be better at taking the play that's there this year. I have no idea what he was thinking at that moment, but it seemed that he wanted a bigger play than merely a critical first down on a very important drive. This play was a big factor in digging the hole in the 1st half hole and I hope the film will reinforce this so next time he makes a better decision.  

Cards were likely baiting him into a pick there…the robber was all over that route.  Another moment where the commentator absolutely flubbed the analysis lol the route was leading right into a safety 

a little bit funny that he probably was real happy with himself for not getting baited into that throw and fumbled seconds later 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Fair enough. Maybe I'm being a bit hard on him. I Just found a lot of the play calling seemed a bit predictable 

It’s one game, so don’t get me wrong, nothing was proved by anyone after one outing of course.  

But considering Allen had 2 pass attempts before the final 2 min drive at end of first half and this team still put up 34 points with a dominant stretch from that point on I think is at least an encouraging start to the Brady era.  

We had just 3 possessions first half I believe that was marred by a turnover and self inflicted penalties as the OL shook the rust off.  

With Coordinators, what I look for is can they make adjustments in game when things aren’t going their way.  And I would say both our new Coordinators did very well in that regard this first game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Flipnmi said:

It was a bad play for sure, but overall he had an incredible game.

Hes always gonna have a fair amount of turnovers each season , but for one bad play he has, he typically makes like 5 amazing ones

Edited by BillsFan130