Bills Coordinators Need To Be Much Better

BillsFan130

If it helps people to understand the skepticism of Joe Brady, note that the competition is Kyle Shanahan and Andy Reid. That's who we're up against trying to win a championship. I know the response will be that that is who everybody else has to compete with too, but that is the reality. And Joe Brady is not at that level. His offense never makes you say "Wow I haven't seen that before." "Wow our offense looks like it's playing in a totally different gear." "Wow these guys are wide open on every play."

Like I said after the game his offensive coaching is perfectly fine. He knows the strengths of his players and uses them accordingly. He doesn't actively hurt the team. By the standards of his peers it is serviceable offensive coaching with a QB that can at times make serviceable look amazing.

Outside of Allen you could describe the entire offense as serviceable, coaching and talent both. The question is if there is enough at either level to keep up with the true elites that are currently dominating the league.

Edited by HappyDays

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

For those wondering why Kincaid wasn’t getting targeted.

Yep. I said it right away in this thread. Arizona played to take Kincaid away. He was the Bill they were not willing to let beat them. 

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is something for Brady to improve on moving forward:

It could also be partly to set up defenses for later in the season though. I don't discount that strategic angle.

Agree. I think it is the one genuine legit criticism beyond the playcalling on that last series when we don't know how much Josh's health played in. They were too predictable with 1st down runs. It worked Sunday. Overall it needs to balance out for the offense to sustain success. 

Otherwise he did a really nice job on Sunday Brady. It's even better on second look. There are definitely more open receivers than at times last season.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is something for Brady to improve on moving forward:

It could also be partly to set up defenses for later in the season though. I don't discount that strategic angle.

Thanks for sharing this, as this validates some of my criticism with Brady.

Way too predictable on 1st down, setting up 2nd and 3rd and longs.

And even running on 2nd and 1 every single time.

I hope it's just setting things up, cause I thought a lot of his play calls were vanilla and predictable 

Hard to complain tonight.

Babich held the dolphins o to 10 points and did it without 3 of the best defensive players on the team available to him.

Brady played the line of scrimmage advantage very well. James cook had the best game of his career and the offense spent the whole 2nd half chewing clock.

Very reminiscent of the cowboys game last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1