Is this Allen’s best poster shot yet?

Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Does the new house have a basement? I found that the amount of sound seeping to a topmost level of a house or to the outside is very low. Only sound / rumbles that travel are from a subwoofer. So if you have a basement, I highly suggest using that as your man/woman cave. 

We would love a basement for just this purpose, just out here in Cali they are not very common, especially on more modern builds in the areas we are.  

17 hours ago, ALG1130 said:

Not even just the media, but some of his haters in this forum 🙄I gotta say though, after the fumble when they had their little celebrations, it was fun watching them go radio silent for the rest of the game.

Right! Has anyone heard from @jkirchofer after the game results?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We would love a basement for just this purpose, just out here in Cali they are not very common, especially on more modern builds in the areas we are.  

I can understand not having basements in Houston and NOLA but why isn't it a thing in NorCal??

33 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Nice. My sister used to live in Rocklin a couple years back.

Get ready for HOT summers. Although I'm sure you'll be prepared for it.

Awesome and yeah, Rocklin is atop our list as well along with Roseville, Granite Bay, and Folsom too.  Everyone we come across who lives in the area or has lived in the area always raves about it outside it being hot.  But both my wife and I grew up in places that got almost as hot, so won't be too much of a shock we hope ha. 

But one of the reasons we targeted these areas is my wifes mom and stepdad just bought a house in Truckee like 90 min away right next to Donner Lake and like 15 min from Lake Tahoe.  They have a room all setup for us and the boys to come stay as often and as long as we want.  So, we plan to dodge a lot of that Summer heat spending a lot of time up there over the hot months as summers are super nice up there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I can understand not having basements in Houston and NOLA but why isn't it a thing in NorCal??

Funny, we didn't really know, and my wife and I were discussing that this weekend actually.  So we googled it and it was mostly related to the fast growth after WW2 where it was faster and easier to build above ground.  Also cost, it is usually cheaper to build above ground.  And something about the frost line being thin here as opposed to other parts of the country.  Here is one of the articles we found on it:  Why dont CA homes have basements

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1