James Cook - good start but brutal numbers after that

dave mcbride

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Not saying it’s his fault at all and he was hurt by penalty calls on good runs. But:

first 6 runs: 45 yards

final 13 runs: 26 yards

The bigger takeaway is that AZ figured out the Bills running game and the Bills still stuck with it. They had some good run blitzes. Incidentally, I hated the second and 3 call on the Bills last possession (from AZ’s 21 yard line or so). Do play action and end the game. Instead, it was Cook up the middle for zilch. And then an entirely predictable Josh run. It’s as if they were afraid to pass and sacrifice clock eating, but AZ had 3 timeouts.

I didn’t like the runs in the second half either and felt they were great opportunities to run play action.  

I do wonder how much concern there was about Josh’s wrist 

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Not saying it’s his fault at all and he was hurt by penalty calls on good runs. But:

The bigger takeaway is that AZ figured out the Bills running game and the Bills still stuck with it. They had some good run blitzes. Incidentally, I hated the second and 3 call on the Bills last possession (from AZ’s 21 yard line or so). Do play action and end the game. Instead, it was Cook up the middle for zilch. And then an entirely predictable Josh run. It’s as if they were afraid to pass and sacrifice clock eating, but AZ had 3 timeouts.

The line got owned too. Torrence was brutal today.

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I wish someone would staple “play action exists” to Brady’s forehead.

We set it up, we ran it, Allen missed the TD.  Hopefully we keep doing it.  The TD was there and Allen will hit it next time.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

A nice RB screen would be a great add for this offense.

you must have forgotten we haven’t run a successful screen pass to a RB since Fred Jackson left.

its like we don’t even attempt them now.

Edited by iccrewman112

9 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

they should have run Ray Davis on that 2nd and 3....I think we would have got the 1st down there.    I actually thought Davis was perfect in the time he was on the field.  Looking forward to his role expanding.