Any concern playing Fins?

Gman10

7 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

It was McD that figured out that the key to beating Miami is to take away Tua's 1st read and bring the pass rush. Tua is a one trick pony. The rest of the league has figured it out too. And if Buffalo gets up enough for them to abandon the run, Tua might get another concussion. Miami is not a juggernaut, folks. They just aren't. Also, their defense is very suspect. That 1.5 line is a mirage.

Agree.  This will be a test for Williams.  Will he have eye discipline.   See through the motions keeps your keys.  Him hitting Miami’s backs behind and at the line of scrimmage will be key in getting them off schedule.  I think Buffalo matches up well. And think they win.  

Definitely concerned about the Dolphins this year. They’re a very good team who was on pace to win the division last year before completely falling apart. 

The Bills have the second most dead cap in the league this year. While this isn’t a typical rebuilding year, it’s a bit of a reset: cleaning out a bunch of vets, taking on dead cap for this year, and hoping to be competitive while setting up for a stronger roster next year. 

Frankly, if the Fins want to claim the East, this is the year to do it. 

Of course, we have Josh Allen, so there’s still a good chance that even with being set up to take the division, the Dolphins miss out. 

And if the Dolphins can’t win the division this year, then the AFC East is going to run through Buffalo for a long time…

Edited by ChiGoose

18 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

My only concern is we basically lose a day in travel, and the game is played 3 days earlier than a normal (Sunday) game.  So really we don't have much time to prepare.  Neither do the Dolphins but that one extra day they'll have could mean a lot.

If they weren’t already prepared for this game after the entirety of training camp and all off season to prepare for division games, then McD is worse than I give him credit for.   This is basically the same Dolphins team from last year, they better know what they are trying to do.

8 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Concerns? On defense, plenty. Two new safeties is a big reason and I bet Tyreek and/or Waddle rip off a couple very long gains. 

Still hope to win but it might not be easy.

This may be the weakest starting safety duo in the league vs the most explosive team in the league, it’s a terrible match-up.  McD is going to have to be brilliant to pull this one off.  I’m flying in to watch the game so I’m blindly optimistic, but it’s not great.  I think this could well come down to who has the ball last.

• Agree 1

Thursday games basically stink because the teams don't have enough time to prepare for it. The question here will be which coaching staff can do a better job at that.

Home teams on Thursday Night Football have a 57.9% chance of winning compared to 57.1% any day of the week. Very little difference there.

Both teams might score in the 40's in this one. Hopefully we'll have the ball last.

Concerns?

Nope.

I do think their offense will pose some problems for our young defense. McDaniel vs Babich, until further notice, is a matchup that you'd have to give the nod to McDaniel right now. He's simply more experienced, and Babich is down two key defenders.

But even if we lose the game, I'm not concerned. I tend to think the usual recent pattern of "Dolphins storm through September and October looking like gangbusters, then collapse after Thanksgiving" will play out again. I won't be surprised if they beat us in their house this time around, and we return the favor in our house later this season.

The only thing that worries me a little is Josh Allen's hand. As long as he's good to go, then it's onwards and upwards.

• Agree 1

Defense is an issue. We tightened things up near the end of the game but the boys need to learn how to stop the run and how to tackle with a short week. CB's looked fairly solid, D-line quite average. Safe to say we should be fairly worried but if we can get pressure to Hawk Tua, its over

19 hours ago, DeltaDigital said:

The fins were an etienne fumble at the 1 from losing. Their OL sucks. Their DL sucks. Opinion. Bills by 3

Love this take. Fins O-line is terrible and if we can get pressure on Tua we'll be fine

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

My only concern is we basically lose a day in travel, and the game is played 3 days earlier than a normal (Sunday) game.  So really we don't have much time to prepare.  Neither do the Dolphins but that one extra day they'll have could mean a lot.

Seems like more of an advantage for Bills. Miami offense is no different. Bills offense is much different than last year

I'm excited about the game, but it wouldn't shock me if we lost this one. We have really dominated the Phins for years, and it's unusual because it's not like they're a weak team.  

They're kind of due - but that doesn't mean they'll win, of course.  They'll be motivated, at home & a bit healthier.  It will probably come down to the last few minutes and who can make the plays when it counts.