Any concern playing Fins?

Gman10

If Taron Johnson can't play, that means 6 defensive starters from last year's Bills team will be out or gone.  And except for Rousseau, they were the six best players on the defense.

So, woe is us, right?

Well the Dolphins got stripped of a lot of good players too, particularly on defense.  Except for Robert Hunt, a good guard, they protected their offense.  Just like the Bills, who lost only Mitch Morse from the offense.  Well, OK, all the WRs too, but I'm thinking the WR/TE committee will do just fine.  And the only edge the Dolphins have is their two excellent WRs.  At all other positions, the Bills have the clear edge.  

I still think winning or losing this game for the Bills will come down to whether Johnson can play.

3 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Except against the Bills. 😆 

Want me to run down  the list... Starting with the playoff loss in the Kelly Era.😉 

That playoff loss was the end of the Kelly era.  He retired after that season.  

The good news for the defense is that Tua is not real mobile.  A couple of those third down pickups that we saw were due to KM making plays that Tua can't.  

Yes, the receivers will always be a problem with the dolphins, but if they can take away Tua's first read and the D-Line can hurry him up, then I feel good about this one. 

Plus Allen seems to always have extra juice when playing against them. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Big Turk said:

And yet we gave up 270 yards total, 4.3 yards per play and 162 yards Passing.

Do you actually watch other NFL games to see how their defense plays?

I mean that's pretty good in today's NFL regardless of how things looked at first.

Another example of the disconnect Bills fans have on defense about how "bad" our D was but not on how it compares to other teams.

Buddy, with all respect - I could care less about other teams/games! I only care about OUR team and the game we play each week. In yesterdays game our D came together vs a mediocre offense. They looked lost at times. But we will get it together. 1-0 is all I care about. Big game on Thursday and if teh D plays the same, we won't win.

7 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Buddy, with all respect - I could care less about other teams/games! I only care about OUR team and the game we play each week. In yesterdays game our D came together vs a mediocre offense. They looked lost at times. But we will get it together. 1-0 is all I care about. Big game on Thursday and if teh D plays the same, we won't win.

If you don't understand what is happening in the NFL as a whole you have no concept of what constitutes good or bad.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JP51 said:

I am always worried about every team and every game... not gonna lie.  Definitely worried about the D in this game.... 

going from playing a good offense (Cards) to a great offense (Dolphins).  No easy feat for any defense.

Luckily, I think we can outscore em even with our “new-look” offense.  Let’s grab that W and jump out to a 2-0 start!

Just now, RiotAct said:

going from playing a good offense (Cards) to a great offense (Dolphins).  No easy feat for any defense.

Luckily, I think we can outscore em even with our “new-look” offense.  Let’s grab that W and jump out to a 2-0 start!

LOL indeed if we win this one it will be cause the offense rolls em and that is possible lots of losses on their Defense so thats the route. Score TDs and keep them to FGs. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Our defense. Yesterday was upsetting. I know they made some key stops here and there, and got a bad break with that god awful RTP call, but The Cardinals were slicing through them like butter. I think for us to have a chance, we have to win a shootout. I think Hill and Waddle are gonna feast. I was really hoping our D would come into this season looking better than they did yesterday.

17 hours ago, Gman10 said:

We won, but we didn't look great. The Cardinals scored way too much on us.

Short week, Im worried about the Fins, especially in Miami.

It’s always hard to win in this league, or so we’ve been told! 🤷‍♂️That said, I feel like the Phins fans should be the ones quaking about having to play a team that for whatever reason has consistently had their number regardless of venue…and who’s QB cannot be stopped by physical means. 

My sole issue with this game is Josh’s injury status on a short week, but even that was very downplayed in the post game presser. 

3 minutes ago, henry jones said:

Not worried about JA's hand, but Interested to see how our offense performs with Poyer's intel.  Our defense against their speed is a big concern.

This offense looks nothing like the one last season.  But should be an interesting cat and mouse game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

That “great offense” scored 17 points at home yesterday.  McDermott has always had a plan against McDaniel’s offense.  

It was McD that figured out that the key to beating Miami is to take away Tua's 1st read and bring the pass rush. Tua is a one trick pony. The rest of the league has figured it out too. And if Buffalo gets up enough for them to abandon the run, Tua might get another concussion. Miami is not a juggernaut, folks. They just aren't. Also, their defense is very suspect. That 1.5 line is a mirage.