Coleman first game

DBilz2500

4 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

It looks like Hollins was even more open on the bottom of the screen. I think their routes were more clear out routes for the middle of the field. If Johnson wasn't open maybe Allen uncorks one to give it a shot. 

11 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

It looks like Hollins was even more open on the bottom of the screen. I think their routes were more clear out routes for the middle of the field. If Johnson wasn't open maybe Allen uncorks one to give it a shot. 

Exactly. Keon doesn't come wide open until Josh is winding up to throw. Those were clear-out routes. They worked. Josh just made a bad throw.

Coleman’s contested catch on the sideline was one of my favorite Bills plays in a long long time.  It was the opposite of a drop. Such a huge bonus if players make catches that would not be considered drops if they did not make the catch. 

7 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

But....he can't separate 😎

5 hours ago, Prospector said:

During the college season last year, I told my son that I would love for Buffalo to trade up into the teens to draft Coleman... then as the draft approached, his stock fell. I I was super excited he was there for us to pick, then we traded out of the first... and still landed him! He was my choice after Harrison Jr. and Nabers.

AHEM....

On 9/8/2024 at 6:22 PM, Simon said:

It was an incredibly subtle push-off; one he clearly practices to avoid getting flagged, imo.

When most guys push off it's because they realize they haven't won the route and it's a move to try to win what's already been lost and as a result it comes too late and they get caught.

Coleman's push off was actually like it was purposefully integrated to be a part of his route; it's so quick and natural he's going ot get away with it all the time.

Now I remember.  It was a crosser, wasn't it?  A very natural/smooth "excuse me" push.  As much as I hate cheap tactics, if you can get away with it you'd be stupid not to do it.

6 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Now I remember.  It was a crosser, wasn't it?  A very natural/smooth "excuse me" push.  As much as I hate cheap tactics, if you can get away with it you'd be stupid not to do it.

The one I was thinking of was about a 7-8yrd comeback up the right sideline.