Coleman first game

DBilz2500

Beane and Coleman fans 1, Beane and Coleman haters 0.

What an excellent first game for "non-starter" Coleman.  The catch along the sideline was exactly what Beane drafted him for.  Josh seemed pretty comfortable in game 1 of the season throwing him the ball and letting him make a play.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Biggest plus today was his physicality and ability to catch the ball. Davis and Diggs struggled with drops last year. Coleman seems to have very good hands in making contested catches. That play he made today was something Worthy doesn't do. Much credit to Coleman there. He set up the winning TD. 

Hopefully he punks Ramsey Thursday. I really want to see Coleman win a contested pass for a TD and strong arm that trash talking ****head to the ground. Allen and Coleman need to continue to put him in his place. 

He looked good out there.

definitely nice to see a receiver that is bigger than our typical receivers Josh has played with.

I don’t know who would’ve made that catch today on last years team. Maybe Gabe.

4 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Love having a a dude Josh trusts on 50/50 balls

Josh threw that well too. I'm not shocked, but I also would cut him some slack If he missed that. He's never had that player here, and I dunno much about his Wyoming team but feel comfortable guessing he never had a 6'3"+ WR with basketball skill set.  That's a new throw for him, probably ever

4 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Was pretty impressed with Coleman’s first game-4 catches for 51 yards with the big 29 yard catch in the 4th quarter. Thought he also blocked well on the few running plays I watched him specifically. 

6 positive yardage plays, not 4. Always, always, always factor in the penalties a WR draws. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'll be the one to say it - what he did on the field was more impressive than what Worthy did on the field. Still not expecting him to be a dominant force or anything like that this year but you can see the raw skills that made him a good pick at that spot. Drawing two flags should count in his favor as well.

Maybe an Alshon Jeffrey type player

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve tried to stay even-keeled and wait on prognosticating on Coleman and the decision to draft him. But he really impressed with his first game. He’s a total pro on day one and isn’t he only 20 years old!? The late catch was clutch.

Hope he competes for rookie MVP.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He was quite composed and I see the chemistry between Josh and Kieon grow over the season.  He is going to be WR #2 before end of the year. 

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Love that catch along the sideline playing basketball...

Wish Allen would have given him a chance on the next fade ball to the end zone. Seems like he had box out position on the DB

I think they hurried that play and not sure why?  Were they afraid that Coleman was OOB in the previous big play...   If they had set their feet on that play, it would have been an easy TD.

1 minute ago, ganesh said:

He was quite composed and I see the chemistry between Josh and Kieon grow over the season.  He is going to be WR #2 before end of the year. 

He led the team in targets and catches and yards and snaps 

He's definitely at least the number two already even if he doesn't start the game

Edited by Buffalo716

8 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

In today's world 17 games of 4 catches and 51 yards would damn near get you 900 yards.  I like that in 23 targets the ball only touched the ground 5 times for our pass catchers.

Be Tall and Catch the Ball