Coleman first game

DBilz2500

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yep he's our #1 WR. All the offseason talk was about slots and TEs, but ultimately Josh Allen's offense will always run through the boundary.

Wowzers.

Between Coleman and Ray Davis, so much for depth charts :lol:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

In today's world 17 games of 4 catches and 51 yards would damn near get you 900 yards.  I like that in 23 targets the ball only touched the ground 5 times for our pass catchers.

Davis was addition by subtraction. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Davis was addition by subtraction. 

Agreed. Just checked and Davis actually had himself a good game today. 3 for 3 and 62 yards with a long of 22. Doing his usual Gabe things. Davis' problem is that he should never be target more than 4 times in a game IMO. You try to get him more involved than that and bad things happen. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Really good first game for a rookie.  The lead the team in targets, catches, receiving yards.  Big contested catch.  Drew two penalties.   

He looks like an impressive physical specimen that likes to play football.   

Generally agree with this. I must admit I didn't like the pick. Today, the youngster really contributed, didn't look lost, and overall played well. This is very encouraging. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Happy he had a good first game.  That said, he still will have to answer the question about creating space.

Also it was a push off

No, he was getting mugged with a clear hold, and caught it anyways. He also drew a pass interference and a couple other uncalled holds.  They KNOW they have to hold him because if you give him an inch he WILL Moss it over you.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Wowzers.

I was thinking the same thing.

Also worth repeating is the fact that Josh had receptions from 9 different receivers with 10 being "targeted".

Everyone will dine at the table.  Although, some will eat more.  LOL.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Agreed. Just checked and Davis actually had himself a good game today. 3 for 3 and 62 yards with a long of 22. Doing his usual Gabe things. Davis' problem is that he should never be target more than 4 times in a game IMO. You try to get him more involved than that and bad things happen. 

How many drops?

4 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

No, he was getting mugged with a clear hold, and caught it anyways. He also drew a pass interference and a couple other uncalled holds.  They KNOW they have to hold him because if you give him an inch he WILL Moss it over you.

Agree, It was pretty obvious defensive holding / DPI, Coleman showed well today, 

8 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

That was on the longer catch down the field.

He pushed off on the shorter completion outside

So many posters were so down after worthy had his two touchdowns.  Keon did exactly what he needed to for posters for relax a bit.  Big time contested catch.  4 catches, good blocking, and drew two holding calls.

the potential to be such a complete receiver

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

That was on the longer catch down the field.

He pushed off on the shorter completion outside

Oh my bad I guess.  I assumed the longer one because first glance even I thought it might have been a push off until the replay showed he was fighting off a PI/hold.  Still even with his uncalled apparent pushoff, it's probably a byproduct of him being held all game and needing to hand fight for separation.

6 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Oh my bad I guess.  I assumed the longer one because first glance even I thought it might have been a push off until the replay showed he was fighting off a PI/hold.  Still even with his uncalled apparent pushoff, it's probably a byproduct of him being held all game and needing to hand fight for separation.

It was an incredibly subtle push-off; one he clearly practices to avoid getting flagged, imo.

When most guys push off it's because they realize they haven't won the route and it's a move to try to win what's already been lost and as a result it comes too late and they get caught.

Coleman's push off was actually like it was purposefully integrated to be a part of his route; it's so quick and natural he's going ot get away with it all the time.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Simon said:

Wowzers.

This is precisely what I was saying leading up to this game where some people were melting down about Keon and the depth chart.  

57 minutes ago, mannc said:

I believe he also drew a DPI and a defensive holding penalty.

Yup he did and I think he drew a second DPI but was negated by a Bills penalty cancelling it out if I am not mistaken.  

I'll put on my flame suit here and say Hollins is the Davis replacement not Coleman and so Hollins is more comparable.  That said I also think the point is that Hollins will do a lot of what Davis did as a reciever (catching and blocking) and will have more consistent hands and a much friendlier cap hit.

• Like (+1) 1

Really nice debut, Ieading the receiver group in receptions, something I didn't expect for this game.

The guy is really strong. He has a sublte way of pushing his defender without looking like an infraction.

So far so good. 

I liked the way everyone was involved on offense....

• Like (+1) 1