Coleman first game

DBilz2500

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

He's already Gabe Davis at worst. :lol:

Honestly, it would have been hard to tell which 13 was Hollins or Davis. Davis could stretch the field as a slower WR but I would rather have a really sure handed guy like Hollins for a few pennies on the dollar. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Meh, it was too far and too line drivey...should have been shorter and more loopy.

Allen threw a fade ball, would have preferred a back shoulder jump ball to allow Coleman to use his basketball skillset and size to box out.

The route is decided before the snap. Allen isn't going to throw a different kind of ball mid play.

They were running that same route at camp with the ball coming in hot and Coleman making the aggressive play on it overpowering the corner.

The corner just played it strong at the LOS of scrimmage that time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Definitely felt like he'd have had a better chance but Josh got a little too excited, it's one of his weaknesses. 🤷‍♂️ But he also Mario hops defenders.

Josh for some reason, has never been good at the fade balls.   

Just now, Simon said:

The route is decided before the snap. Allen isn't going to throw a different kind of ball mid play.

They were running that same route at camp with the ball coming in hot and Coleman making the aggressive play on it overpowering the corner.

I mean that's a fair point, I guess I am questioning the logic of that play when the clear advantage would be for throwing short, having Coleman turn around and box out the shorter player.

1 minute ago, Lost said:

Josh for some reason, has never been good at the fade balls.   

Allen has never been good inside the 5 yard line on passes...he was worst in the NFL the last few years 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I mean that's a fair point, I guess I am questioning the logic of that play when the clear advantage would be for throwing short, having Coleman turn around and box out the shorter player.

That is a legitimate question.

I'm guessing they have both routes on the books and you'll see both at some point

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

It's definitely a practiced timed route

Sometimes the defender wins because you know they're also getting paid to play..

But yeah they definitely have a type of fade they like running and I'm sure we'll see it be successful a handful of times

And they probably have another option when teams really sit on it

Edited by Buffalo716

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

The throw was OK; it was just outstanding corner play and nothing more.

Playing him that way on the fade look for to him plant and drive toward the pylon in the future. He is going to be a problem for corners in the red zone i believe.

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

He's already Gabe Davis at worst. :lol:

I know you’re somewhat joking, but this is actually a really good thing. I’m hoping he’s much better than Davis, but at least his cellar for a career isn’t as low as some claim. It seems we’ve already got someone equal or better than Davis. That’s a win, and here’s hoping Coleman continues to improve. 

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yup esp to a rookie

Just needs to power thru there

• Agree 1