First Down Reset Mistake (Last Drive)

BuffaloButt

Not sure if anyone else noticed but on the Cardinals last drive at :45 secs left, the Chain Gang reset to 1st down when it should have been 3rd down.  The Cardinals were given a new set of downs when it should have been 3rd down on the next play.  They were give 2 extra downs.  HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN???

BILLS D REALLY STOOD UP HAVING TO DEFEND 6 PLAYS INSTEAD OF 4.

COULD HAVE BEEN A DISASTER!  GET IT TOGETHER REFS!

Edit.....

I just rewatched and now see that the network had the wrong yellow 1st down marker and incorrect showed 3rd down.  The receiver got a first down on the sideline at the 1:00 remaining mark.  This was a network mistake that made it appear he was short.  We weren't screwed over...

Edited by BuffaloButt
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Not sure if anyone else noticed but on the Cardinals last drive at :45 secs left, the Chain Gang reset to 1st down when it should have been 3rd down.  The Cardinals were give a new set of downs when it should have been 3rd down on the next play.  They were give 2 extra downs.  HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN???

Yellow line was incorrect.  It was 3rd and 5, they got 12

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

Not sure if anyone else noticed but on the Cardinals last drive at :45 secs left, the Chain Gang reset to 1st down when it should have been 3rd down.  The Cardinals were given a new set of downs when it should have been 3rd down on the next play.  They were give 2 extra downs.  HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN???

I did. But just assumed they accually got the first down. If it was not, how can that happen!!!

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

I wondered, but I thought maybe the broadcast just had the yellow line wrong and they actually got a first down?

I remember saying "it's 4th down!" And then they set it to 2nd & 10.

I thought I must have been confused. 

But I just watched again, the Cards had 6 plays to get a 1st down without a penalty being called.  

• Simon locked this topic