Ingram over Elam

Ya Digg?

I'm not sure if it has been said already but it's because the role Ingram was playing was the Dime. Lewis was out starting Dime then he had to slide into Nickel when Taron went out and with his injury issues this off-season my guess is that Edwards hasn't had time to learn the Dime role as well as safety in this defense so Ingram was next man up. 

Elam can't play inside. He is strictly a boundary corner only. If Benford or Douglas came out I think Elam would have gone in. But Ingram has some inside / outside flex. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Brand J said:

I was just coming here to ask about Elam. Healthy scratch? Wow, I thought he had a great preseason. This would normally be where I rag on Ingram and Lewis, but both played well. Hamlin was a liability today and Rapp was a step slow a few times. We need more speed on the backend. 

Did Cole Bishop see the field at all? Second Round pick.

9 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

I mean, Coleman was our leading WR today. Kincaid was getting meaningful snaps early on. Benford as a rookie was an early contributor until he was injured. Torrence literally played 100% of the snaps last year as a rookie and as a starter. 

Early on in his tenure McD was a bit reluctant to let the rooks get out there and play but the last few years has seen them much more involved 

There you go letting facts get in the way of a biased rant again. You're harshing my mellow, man!

• Haha (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No he wasn't. 

Another dumb decision by McDermott.  Nit sure what this kid did to get on McDermott's naughty list but if he is only going to play kickoff they should just trade him for a serviceable DE

He missed the tackle on the return td. Right at the point of attack

15 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

No he wasn't. 

Another dumb decision by McDermott.  Nit sure what this kid did to get on McDermott's naughty list but if he is only going to play kickoff they should just trade him for a serviceable DE

Do you think other GMs don't watch our game film? If he sucks, they know too.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Can’t they train him to be a safety or something? The kid is at least fast and athletic. 

Safeties need to be able to tackle and he does not seem to be able to well.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Because Elam isn't good.

Yeah… It’s shocking how many posters on this forum haven’t figured this out yet.

It’s not rocket-science why he isn’t playing. He is a bust of a first round pick.

17 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Did I miss something? Why was Ingram in the game but Elam never was?

Ingram was in for Lewis, I believe . 

1 hour ago, Punching Bag said:

Safeties need to be able to tackle and he does not seem to be able to well.

He did miss the tackle on the KO return TD. 

17 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Ingram over Elam, but also Ingram over Benford at least last snap.

I wonder if anybody noticed if we rotated Benford and Ingram or what

Edit: My bad. Benford was in. Ingram was there instead of Lewis, just for the last play.

Ingram and Lewis played for Taron of the two Lewis was much better IMO. 

33 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Ingram and Lewis played for Taron of the two Lewis was much better IMO. 

Lewis is not built for job he was doing very, very well and needed occasional breather.

Lewis is getting some national recognition for job he was forced to do and he should get more.

Bills need to adjust scheme however if Taron Johnson is out or Miami will exploit his weaknesses.

They incorporated Dime.  Lewis was going to play with Johnson.  With johnson out Ingram is/was the other slot.  Elam is boundary. Benford and Douglas played every snap on defense.   In Miami I could see Elam getting more snaps with his skill set matchup up with what Miami likes to do.  Miami runs deaper routes so rotating Douglas and Benford out makes sense to me.  Different team different game plan. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Because Elam isn't good.

This board likes him waaaay more than our coaches do.

Except they must see SOMETHING in him to keep him.  They have cut or traded away picks not working out and he was able to make two interceptions in playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Except when he makes huge plays in key moments in big games? 

That is what I am seeing but when he is put in key moment and fails because he played poorly their opinion may change.