Injury Updates After Game - Arizona

wppete

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Is the speculation on Johnson a broken forearm?

That is definitely my guess. Small non-displaced fracture of his ulna will take about four weeks and depending on location and severity he probably can play with a splint of some sort, but I expect him to miss a few games.

The Cardinals converted 53% of their third down attempts.  That's terrible by the Bills defense.  I'll give the Bills some slack on that since Arizona does have a very good offense, but come on.  

Poor play by our LBs and DBs will kill this season.  Is there any update on Cole Bishop's injury?  If he's ready to play and knows the defense well enough, he has to be an upgrade over Hamlin.

When I saw the replay of that play, I thought it looked like Josh put his hand on his elbow to protect it, which seems weird.  He has to stop with the hurdling before he gets seriously hurt.

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It was and he was hurt on a walk through somehow? Unsure how that is even possible 

Damn rubber mats!

Edited by BobbyC81

22 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The Cardinals converted 53% of their third down attempts.  That's terrible by the Bills defense.  I'll give the Bills some slack on that since Arizona does have a very good offense, but come on.  

Poor play by our LBs and DBs will kill this season.  Is there any update on Cole Bishop's injury?  If he's ready to play and knows the defense well enough, he has to be an upgrade over Hamlin.

Last I heard Bishop is back to practicing without restrictions, but that only came the week of the game. He has missed particles the whole training camp. 

It will be a little bit before he gets enough practice time in to get a start.  I agree though, the faster he gets on the field the higher the ceiling will be for the defense. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Hamlin played pretty well.  

• Disagree 2

3 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

All because he couldn’t cover the best WR in the nfl on one play 

Yeah, but even he admitted that play was a big-time fail. I mean, going for an interception on fourth and forever with the game on the line? 

14 hours ago, VW82 said:

Think we need to wait for all 22 to fairly judge the secondary. You're not going to believe this but our safeties looked to be out of position a bunch when they should've been providing help. 

You're very correct. I was "hot" after the game. I will review all-22 for sure as it looked like chickens out there. Oh well... week 1 blues. Fix it and we r fine!

12 hours ago, peterpan said:

My first thought with Allen’s hand was, that it wouldn’t have happened on grass.  I’m guessing the new stadium is turf too? 

Did someone (Josh) say what part of the play he hurt his hand?  He hit the defender's helmet with it and then the ground.

14 hours ago, klos63 said:

Safeties were and still are my biggest concern on the defense. I don' think the original plan was to have either of the 2 that started today, to start.

agreed 100% I think it showed up in alot of facets but very evident in the Run D with Poyer,Hyde and Milano out...  some keystone cop tackling on a few plays too. 

3 hours ago, Udubalum07 said:

Last I heard Bishop is back to practicing without restrictions, but that only came the week of the game. He has missed particles the whole training camp. 

It will be a little bit before he gets enough practice time in to get a start.  I agree though, the faster he gets on the field the higher the ceiling will be for the defense. 

I respect Hamlin, but I think a dynamic athlete is what this secondary needs. I kind of view Rapp in the same boat. 

5 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I respect Hamlin, but I think a dynamic athlete is what this secondary needs. I kind of view Rapp in the same boat. 

I think it's going to be a position that is really fixed in the draft. If he falls to us, definitely can see Xavier Watts from Notre Dame ending up here. 4.49 speed for a safety and dude is a smart ball hawk. Hyde and Poyer leaving at the same time really hurt us. Pair Watts with Bishop and we may have something.