Injury Updates After Game - Arizona

wppete

11 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Above - someone asked about our CB. Did anyone watch Benford today? I mean my kid could play better. He was literally lost out there. Thank god Kyler is short and can't see well over the line because there were a few times WR's were wide open, smoking Benford on their route. The dude played horrible.

Think we need to wait for all 22 to fairly judge the secondary. You're not going to believe this but our safeties looked to be out of position a bunch when they should've been providing help. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lost said:

Can we move Benford to slot and start Elam if Johnson is out an extended time?  Also we need to get Micah Hyde on the phone tomorrow.   Love Damar but he doesn't belong on the field.

Really admire him , but ( who could ever blame him) he seems to rely more on reaching/ arm tackling. and while he is not bad in coverage , sure not going to likely see Hyde/ Poyer type hits in the run game or denying YAC.   Just thoughts on first glance.     I don’t know how mentally a person ever really overcomes that ; I sure know I couldn’t .   Now with another hard hitter in Johnson possibly , based on his inability to return today , out for a few games ,  the d looks more vulnerable to the run and tight ends or larger receivers. 

But Edward’s has to be getting closer to returning , as does the. Rookie safety , so that’s a help.  Not sure they will make any  change tho.  Plus Lewis actually played well today.  So with Lewis, and maybe Edward’s getting healthy,  things could be ok until taron returns.   They have some options, however, maybe  they are happy with Hamlin after watching film.  

Hey the d kept them out of the end zone on a final drive with no dumb penalties, even after Bass gave them a great start. We got lucky Murray missed seeing a wide open MHJ!   So we got a break there!  It was special team and offensive line penalty issues that they managed to overcome today!  Clean that up and this could be an offensive team that keeps improving!    Lots of good things,,,,Groot looked good, von at least wasn’t a statue. The run game could be really good.  Lots to look forward too, just a short week could be rough.   Pretty great win tho!  Overall got to be happy as this was type of game we often lost before.  😊

1 hour ago, Lost said:

Can we move Benford to slot and start Elam if Johnson is out an extended time?  Also we need to get Micah Hyde on the phone tomorrow.   Love Damar but he doesn't belong on the field.

Cam Lewis was our second best defender today after Groot.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I might be the biggest Cam Lewis hater on this board (certainly in the top 3), but even I will admit he had a good game today

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Think we need to wait for all 22 to fairly judge the secondary. You're not going to believe this but our safeties looked to be out of position a bunch when they should've been providing help. 

Safeties were and still are my biggest concern on the defense. I don' think the original plan was to have either of the 2 that started today, to start.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I really wanted the Bills to invest in a really good nickel backup given how critical Taron is to our defense. If he is out, we can’t function at a high level.  

They played pretty well with him out in the 2nd half.

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Safeties were and still are my biggest concern on the defense. I don' think the original plan was to have either of the 2 that started today, to start.

I expect the Bills D will have some bad moments thru the mid point of the year until they settle in more and Bishop starts to see the field 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I really wanted the Bills to invest in a really good nickel backup given how critical Taron is to our defense. If he is out, we can’t function at a high level.  

I'm still miffed about cutting Hardy after his defensive performances in preseason 😅. Hopefully he'll make the active roster before he's poached.

Just now, NickelCity said:

I'm still miffed about cutting Hardy after his defensive performances in preseason 😅. Hopefully he'll make the active roster before he's poached.

I am still puzzled by that too. The only silver lining to Hardy getting PS’d was coddrington today showed he is electric as a KR. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Curious does anyone really believe the HC’s don’t know what the injuries are. Does no one report back to the HC what the initial analysis is?  Just asking in general.

I believe between team doctors and trainers, the coach has good idea on the injury.   No I don't believe it for a second.

52 minutes ago, peterpan said:

My first thought with Allen’s hand was, that it wouldn’t have happened on grass.  I’m guessing the new stadium is turf too? 

No, believe it or not, it's gonna be grass, with heating 

I'm not quite sure how they'll prevent it becoming mud by the middle of December, but grass is the plan

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

No, believe it or not, it's gonna be grass, with heating 

I'm not quite sure how they'll prevent it becoming mud by the middle of December, but grass is the plan

Can't be worse than Cleveland's Municipal Stadium back in the day when their field became painted dirt by the end of the year 🤣

2 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Josh has a sprained Thumb I bet. The way they taped him was a thumb wrap 100%.

Above - someone asked about our CB. Did anyone watch Benford today? I mean my kid could play better. He was literally lost out there. Thank god Kyler is short and can't see well over the line because there were a few times WR's were wide open, smoking Benford on their route. The dude played horrible.

That shouldn't cause him to miss any time....the fact he was still taking under center snaps without issue after leads me to believe it wasn't a huge problem

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

That’s a sentence I never thought I would read on this site. It was nice to see him play great football. 

Edited by stevestojan

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That shouldn't cause him to miss any time....the fact he was still taking under center snaps without issue after leads me to believe it wasn't a huge problem

Another quick check will be if TBD fails to load at any time in the next 24 hours, you can assume the worst. 

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Hate how the Bills are so slow to incorporate rookie defenders when other teams do so with great success.

The is McD's system which is complicated to learn.  Play a simple reactive D, and rookies can contribute right away.  McD's D is akin to Rex's in that regard.  Its a system D and some folks don't fit what they want or don't know what the correct reaction is.