Week 1, Cards v. Bills - GAME BALLS!

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Rousseau, Lewis, Allen & Coleman. I would include Bass, but his KOs were terribly weak to end the game. TD & kicker ball out of bounds. That weak leg is risky in WNY. The strongest legged kickers at least can get the ball down to the goallline. It appears Bass is 5-10 yds short kicking into a 19 MPH wind.

Look at the replay, there is a massive block in the back at the point of attack on the TD return that wasn't called.  Can't fault Bass for that.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would not give a game ball to Von Miller. He was still mostly running beyond the QB, not setting an edge and several good running plays went right by him. Dropped back in coverage- on no one. Did not pursue plays running away from him, etc.

Yes he had one bull rush , that in combo with pressure from the other side had Murray getting tripped up. So showed some promise, but a game ball? NO!

4 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Rousseau, Lewis, Allen & Coleman. I would include Bass, but his KOs were terribly weak to end the game. TD & kicker ball out of bounds. That weak leg is risky in WNY. The strongest legged kickers at least can get the ball down to the goallline. It appears Bass is 5-10 yds short kicking into a 19 MPH wind.

Every single kickoff going into the one end zone was returned today iirc

Everyone going into the other one was not 

It worked that way for both teams iirc

The other kicker couldn't get it far enough to touch back either

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What about Hamlin? There was a great deal of hand wringing about him starting, but I thought he played fine.  Still the fact that he has now come all the way back from that injury is a miracle.  There was no hesitation in his play.  He made some solid tackles.  Overall a pretty solid effort for his first start in 20 months.

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

What about Hamlin? There was a great deal of hand wringing about him starting, but I thought he played fine.  Still the fact that he has now come all the wsy back from that injury is a miracle.  There was no hesitation in his play.  He made some solid tackles.  Overall a pretty solid effort for his first start in 20 months.

He was terrible for most of the game except for that final drive.

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Look at the replay, there is a massive block in the back at the point of attack on the TD return that wasn't called.  Can't fault Bass for that.

Why would Bass be at fault? I'm sure he was told to kick it short. He only had a four yard run up.

14 minutes ago, ganesh said:

He was terrible for most of the game except for that final drive.

How was he terrible? Most of the passes completed by Murray were 5-10 yards downfield in the McDermott soft zones.

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why would Bass be at fault? I'm sure he was told to kick it short. He only had a four yard run up.

We're in violent agreement.  My response was to a poster that posited that the KO TD return was because Bass didn't kick it deep enough into the wind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Wait Cam Lewis gets a gameball, same dude you said shouldn't be on this roster 2 weeks ago?

As I mentioned then, and will say again, Cam plays such a versatile/important role as a backup nickle and safety.

Yes I said in the live game thread he proved me wrong and made several great plays today. I suspect Taron will miss some time but after Lewis' performance today I'm not as concerned as I would have thought.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pasaluki said:

I don't think it's gameball worthy because it was just a play but Dion Dawkins sending that dude to the Shadow Realm on Khalil's TD

You want some bacon 🥓 with that pancake? 🥞 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

One name I haven't seen yet but Brandon Codrington should get an Honorable mention. 

You are correct sir, The Valet should receive something.  Oh Codrington, did you find my football?

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes I said in the live game thread he proved me wrong and made several great plays today. I suspect Taron will miss some time but after Lewis' performance today I'm not as concerned as I would have thought.

All good, glad to see you come around.

Hardy should get a call up, at least this week.  I'm sure they'll be smart how they manage his 3

7 hours ago, 947 said:

Rough Game Award goes to Torrence. At least 3 penalties & was beaten badly a few times.

My two perennial targets played terrible today too

Epenesa was almost a total nonfactor. He had one nice effort that caused an incomplete pass that won't show up in the stats. Other than that he lost contain a few times, they ran at him well, and zero pass rush.

Gilliam missed a tackle along with Elam on the kickoff return TD. He was not being blocked.  On final drive he blocked a couple guys 10 yards downfield but the play was already dead and his block did nothing. 

I still say both are useless