Week 1, Cards v. Bills - GAME BALLS!

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Rousseau rightfully deserves most of the praise on the Edge.

But it was really good to see Miller in the backfield so often and come up with a big time sack. He might not return to Pre-Injury dominance, but today was night and day to what he looked like last year.

Did Miller even touch him? It seemed to me that Murray tripped over his own guy trying to climb the pocket. From my view it looked like no one touched him and Miller was credited with the vulture sack. But maybe I didn’t have a good angle on it.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Back by popular demand (not really), the GAME BALLS thread!  Josh Allen gets an automatic game ball, unless revoked (Josh gets it today).  I pick up to three offense, three defense, perhaps a coach (unlikely) or special teamer.  

"I'M RICK" JAMES COOK "BIATCH!!" - Cook's vision, speed, and power were on full display, as he carved up the Cards defense all day.

Khalil "Tupac" Shakir - Most reliable receiver on the Bills right now.  The effort on the WR screen that resulted in the TD was next level.

Keon Coleman - Cards DB grabbin' his jersey, no DPI called, and Coleman WOULD NOT BE DENIED!!!  MY BALL, MUTHA *****A!!!  Best contested catch by a Bills WR in a long time.

Cam Lewis - Bills defensive MVP today.  Made tackle after tackle after tackle, etc.  Multiple TFLs.  Dude was all over the field.

Greg "GROOT" Rousseau - Dude exploded in the 2nd half, collapsing the pocket consistently, coming up with the FF that turned the game in the Bills favor.

JaMarcus Ingram - Sometimes you get the ball for one play.  You won the game sir.

Tyler Bass"o'Matic" - Won the game by forcing the Cards to score a TD to win.  Bass haterz, where you at?

Who ya got?

Cam Lewis balled out when he was a backup outside CB and now he does a Taron Johnson quality job (except for interceptions) on MCB job.

Congrats to our UB player.

Greg "GROOT" Rousseau - add $$ to amount he wants when he hits free agency - Big contract AND no income tax on home game? Yes!!!

Khalil "Eric Moulds, Jr" Shakir - your mentor will be proud of you.

Ty Johnson - he played whatever role they needed him to do.  Can he play defense as well?  Get Lo to work with you to earn nickname OMG.

Tyler Bass - I know you had a face between uprights to aim those balls to and hope one day you will be able to kick it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Did Miller even touch him? It seemed to me that Murray tripped over his own guy trying to climb the pocket. From my view it looked like no one touched him and Miller was credited with the vulture sack. But maybe I didn’t have a good angle on it.

As pointed out elsewhere, Von drove the tackle right into Murray's lap.  He earned the sack.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Coleman is doing something right if he’s getting held to death in the secondary like that 

Dude is going to either be a PI magnet or eventually start to go off on the stats sheet. Great day for the rookie today. No he didn't have two scores on 3 touches today but he made his presence known to the defense all day. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

He had to take off from the Miller pressure regardless, which led to it.

• Like (+1) 2

That is the definition of a team win....well, aside from special teams.  I mean, good on Bass for making his kicks, but that entire unit is a trash fire.

That said, Allen is still every bit the MVP we know he is.  Cook ran hard and the run blocking was overall very good.  Shakir is so underrated in the league and is going to make so many big plays for us this season.  Coleman, makes the play we need him to make.  He may not have the most consistent year, but if he makes those clutch plays when we need them, he will earn the playing time he's getting.  Hollins, while he may get a lot of crap for the things he does, made a couple great plays in the passing game and blocked his butt off.  We didn't use Samuel the way I think we will use him later this season, but he's been banged up, so that may be why he didn't do the things I think we are expecting him to do.  But, he still made a couple nice plays.  The "everybody eats" philosophy was definitely on display today.  Kincaid was quiet, but I guarantee you there will be games he absolutely dominates this year.

On defense, it was a mixed bag.  Better as the game went along for sure.  Groot was a beast out there.  Von did a Von thing today in a crucial situation.  The CBs took Harrison out of the game.  The safeties were shaky, though.  Out of position a lot, but in the end, the ball hits the ground when we needed it to.

There is a lot to work on, though.  So many mental mistakes that just can't happen and it cost us points on both sides of the ball.  But, all in all, it was a lot of what I expected heading into the season.  There are going to be growing pains and we are going to have a lot of them early this season.  But, we still have 17.  Hopefully his hand is OK because, if he's healthy, he will cover up a lot of issues as he always does.

Tough turnaround on a short week to have to go on the road, though.  Enjoy it tonight because it's right back to work tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 2