Week 1, Cards v. Bills - GAME BALLS!

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Wait Cam Lewis gets a gameball, same dude you said shouldn't be on this roster 2 weeks ago?

As I mentioned then, and will say again, Cam plays such a versatile/important role as a backup nickle and safety.

Being willing to change opinion based on facts is sign of an open mind.  I used to have drag out battles with ICE (Brian) and some of my opinions changed.

Not being iwlling to change opinion based on facts is sign of some one with Wrong Josh-itis.

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

My two perennial targets played terrible today too

Epenesa was almost a total nonfactor. He had one nice effort that caused an incomplete pass that won't show up in the stats. Other than that he lost contain a few times, they ran at him well, and zero pass rush.

Gilliam missed a tackle along with Elam on the kickoff return TD. He was not being blocked.  On final drive he blocked a couple guys 10 yards downfield but the play was already dead and his block did nothing. 

I still say both are useless 

I agree, Epenesa is not a productive defensive end.  Hopefully, Solomon can start to develop into something once his oblique heals up.  I think Buffalo will be looking for someone who can bookend with Rousseau next offseason. They can't count on Miller to be anything more than a short term contributor going forward. 

As far as Elam is concerned, his long term value to the team is conditional on whether or not he can be productive on defense if he gets a chance.   I don't think the Bills believe he can't play.  At this point Benford and Douglas are established starters, and McDermott, like many head coaches is not going to switch out a solid starter for another player no matter how talented that other player might be.  That means, Elam is insurance in case of injury.  If Benford or Douglas gets hurt and Elam plays terrific, maybe at that point McDermott considers making him the starter.  In any case, quality depth is a good thing.

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why would Bass be at fault? I'm sure he was told to kick it short. He only had a four yard run up.

How was he terrible? Most of the passes completed by Murray were 5-10 yards downfield in the McDermott soft zones.

He was always a step behind and also was poor in run support.   The Cardinals were able to pass at will against this secondary and Hamlin was exposed. 

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Every single kickoff going into the one end zone was returned today iirc

Everyone going into the other one was not 

It worked that way for both teams iirc

The other kicker couldn't get it far enough to touch back either

Agree. Bass was trying to kick to the endzone. The kickoff on the return was wind affected. 

Not sure why Bass would be on any list. Are expectations that low that he deserves a game ball for making two FGs under 40 yards, while failing to kick it into the end zone, resulting in a TD return? Here's a game ball for not blowing it too much, Tyler?

A lot of players contributed, but there were only two superstars: Allen and Rousseau. They get the game balls, in my book. 

22 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Cam Lewis - Bills 

JaMarcus Ingram - 

Tyler Bass"o'Matic" - Won the game by forcing the Cards to score a TD to win.  Bass haterz, where you at?

For Cam & Jam: #UBHornsUp

For TyBass: I don't think people at home know how tricky the winds were yesterday. A steady 20-25 mph. I was watching the flags atop the stadium and I swear they were all pointing in different directions! The trademark swirling wind bowl.

I had a good feeling about Bass during warmup when he was putting kickoffs through the uprights from 75 yards away.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Tyler Bass"o'Matic" - Won the game by forcing the Cards to score a TD to win.  Bass haterz, where you at?

Also on Bass - I never knew how fast he was! He almost ran down Dallas on that KO return TD. Dude has wheels. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, finn said:

Not sure why Bass would be on any list. Are expectations that low that he deserves a game ball for making two FGs under 40 yards, while failing to kick it into the end zone, resulting in a TD return? Here's a game ball for not blowing it too much, Tyler?

A lot of players contributed, but there were only two superstars: Allen and Rousseau. They get the game balls, in my book. 

Fair enough on your game balls. 

As far as Bass goes, all this guy has heard for 9 months is how much he sucks and how the Bills should cut him.  But he shook off the withering criticism and scored 10 points, 8 of which were into 20-25 MPH swirling winds.  If you don't think that last FG was huge, I don't know what to say, since it forced the Cards to score a TD to win.

Said it before and I'll say it again.  The only reason the Cards had a TD on the kickoff was a block in the back at the point of attack which was not called.  You want to blame that on Bass, I can't help you.

• Like (+1) 1

One player was forgotten:  #93 Justin Jones, who without his help Khalil Shakir could not have gotten a TD which made a difference in winning game.

Thank you Justin Jones for supporting Shakir so he did not touch the ground.  I hope he signed a jersey or football for you.

image.png.64068bfcdee3d0c77d24eafd7cba8bad.png

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/8/2024 at 11:49 PM, ganesh said:

He was always a step behind and also was poor in run support.   The Cardinals were able to pass at will against this secondary and Hamlin was exposed. 

Pass at will?  

The Cards offense looked good in the beginning but Murray finished 21-31 for 162 yards.  A mere 5.2 yards per attempt.  

The Bills average 10+ yards per pass attempt, nearly double the Cards.  Yet I don't think it means the Bills passed at will nor Budda Baker was exposed.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 1